Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

+* Dwapar Yuga: Doubts & Discussions *+ (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 29

lakshmi42

IF-Dazzler

lakshmi42

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

This thread is just for the Dwapar Yuga i.e. Krishna & the Mahabharat.  For Ramayan, use this thread in the Ramayan forum

and if it is more generic, like about the Devas, Asuras, Gandharvas, Yakshas, Apsaras, et al, use this one

I am active in all 3, so I generally attempt to answer if I know, or think I do.  I'll answer your question in the next post.

Thanks for letting me know about these threads and for the helping handSmile. Now I am going to disturb you for all my doubtsWink. Hope you don't mind.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* Dwapar Yuga: Doubts & Discussions *+ (Page 6)" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lakshmi42

IF-Dazzler

lakshmi42

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Originally posted by lakshmin42

I have a doubt regarding Mahabharata. Hope you all remember that one of the Kaurava prince (sorry I don't remember his name) joined the Pandavas just before the beginning of Kurukshetra war. What was the fate of that prince. Was he killed or did he survive? I think none of the 100 princes survived. I am just curious to know about the fate of this prince. If he was killed; then who killed him?

The prince in question was Yuyutsu.  He was a step-brother of the Kauravas - Dhritarashtra was his father, but Gandhari wasn't his mother.  He was opposed to the ill-treatment of Draupadi, and switched sides on day 1 of the war.  He was however a mediocre warrior and easily defeated by warriors like Ulooka (son of Shakuni)

He survived the war (which is why it's strange that Dhritarashtra felt that he had no sons left).  After the war, the Pandavas asked him do do the funeral services for the Kaurava dead, while they did it for the Pandava dead.  After Yudhisthir's rajyabhishek, he was made a minister in the Pandava government.  And when the Pandavas handed over the kingdom to Parikshit, they made him the prime minister, and left Parikshit in his & Uttara's care.

One thing that struck me was that Vikarna, who was one of Gandhari's sons, had been more outspoken about Draupadi's treatment, and yet didn't follow Yuyutsu's example.  He too could and should have crossed over, so that Gandhari couldn't have complained that she had lost all her sons.  Instead, he fought and died @ Bhima's hands on day 14 - the day Jayadrath was killed.  Also, he was not the last Kaurava to die before Dushashan - in fact, even after Dushashan's death, there were still some Kauravas left alive, and they were all killed on day 18 by Bhima.  The last one he killed before Duryodhan was someone names Sudarshan.

Thanks for the clarificationSmile
I always had a confusion with Yuyutsu and Vikarna. I remember Vikarna because he was the one who opposed insulting Draupadi. I had once read somewhere that Yuyutsu's mother was a maid of Gandhari, who used to take care of Dritarashtra during Gandhari's pregnancy. This has resulted in the birth of Yuyutsu. I think he was insulted by the Kaurava princes because he doesn't belong to the royal family. Vidhur was also the son of a maid. But he was very wise and judicious. Similarly here Yuyutsu was also a son of the maid; but was more sensible and judicious than the princes born of royal blood.

Edited by lakshmin42 - 03 July 2011 at 10:24am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya.Vrish.

radhikarani

IF-Rockerz

radhikarani

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 10:52am | IP Logged
wow such an use ful thread.. Read it dheere dheere. Its wonder

.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 03 July 2011 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lakshmin42

Thanks for letting me know about these threads and for the helping handSmile. Now I am going to disturb you for all my doubtsWink. Hope you don't mind.

Oh, that's more than welcome - I loved these discussions, and had both questions & answers in the Ramayan forum, for beginners.  I'm sure we'll have a lot to discuss here.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 12:03am | IP Logged
lakshmin42

I was initially confused as well, until I read it.  Vikarna was Gandhari's son, while Yuyutsu was the son of her maid.  Apparently, being blind didn't stop Dhritarashtra from sleeping w/ her maid while she was pregnant.

radhikarani

lakshmi42

IF-Dazzler

lakshmi42

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 2:29am | IP Logged
I always had a confusion with these two. But I love only these two sons of Dridarashtra.

.Vrish.

...PARiNA...

IF-Rockerz

...PARiNA...

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
thanks vish for this thread
Im probably the last one

I want ask at MM forum, well her now
Its about draupati , as we all know about her vastra haran
Y this happned to her Was she cursed in any way previously   (im not talking about what she said to duriyodhana , son of blind)

lakshmi42

IF-Dazzler

lakshmi42

Posted: 04 July 2011 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...PARiNA...

thanks vish for this thread
Im probably the last one

I want ask at MM forum, well her now
Its about draupati , as we all know about her vastra haran
Y this happned to her Was she cursed in any way previously   (im not talking about what she said to duriyodhana , son of blind)

Well I have heard  about a reason for this. I am not sure how far it is true. This is a local version which is been told in our place.  Anyway I will share it here. Lord Krishna don't like to owe anything to anyone. Once  Krishna hurts his hand when he was with the Pandavas. The five Pandavas were just discussing what to do to cure His wound; but it was Draupadi who did a timely-act. She tore a part of her dress and tied it around the wound. Lord Krishna was impressed by this and told her that He would help her whenever she requires. During the Vasthrharan Lord gave back her plenty of dress and by thus repaying his debt. He also kept the word and was there to protect her from such a disaster.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kinny_ranvirmnx12Moner_Radio

Post Reply New Post

Go to top