Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

   

+* Dwapar Yuga: Doubts & Discussions *+ (Page 26)

Post Reply New Post

Page 26 of 29

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Joined: 25 October 2008

Posts: 20800

Posted: 25 December 2011 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vanadhi

hello friends...

can any one tell about shilpiya ... a complex character close to paundraka 

to whom she is married ?

because i had read somewhere she is attracted towards krishna!


I don't think anybody by her name ever married Krishna.  Shaibya, as Varaali pointed out, was Mitravindya - Krishna's 5th wife, I think.

Vibs

You are right.  Krishna abducted Mitravindya from her swayamvara just like in the case of Rukmini.  I once read Akhl mention that it was Arjun who defeated Vinda & Anuvinda when they tried to stop it, which is what made them mortal enemies of the Pandavas, despite having the same relationship w/ them as did Krishna, Sishupala & Dantavatra.  As a result, in the war, they joined the Kauravas and were killed I think on day 16 by Satyaki.

Exit question: when the Pandavas did the Rajasuya and Ashwamedha yagnas, what was the status of Dwaraka wrt them?  Was it a vassal, an ally or what?  In a Rajasuya yagna, the Pandavas would have exacted tribute from all rulers, including allies, but I can't imagine them asking Ugrasena (indirectly  Krishna) for  tribute.  And for the Ashwamedha yagna, I'm  guessing there was no way for the horse to get to Dwaraka, since it was an island?  Or did Yudhisthir give Krishna the honorary co-host status like he did in the Rajasuya yagna that angered Shishupala?  At any rate, what was the status of Dwaraka wrt Indraprastha in both these cases?


Edited by .Vrish. - 25 December 2011 at 12:10am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* Dwapar Yuga: Doubts & Discussions *+ (Page 26)" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Joined: 08 January 2009

Posts: 1947

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 12:42am | IP Logged
I think the Yadhavas were allies at this point in spite of fighting against the Pandavas in the war. But then, everyone reconciled with the Pandavas or were subdued after the war. Even Dushala and the Pandavas reconciled.

I remember reading Yudhishtra honoured Krishna (as the chief guest?!?) in the Rajasuya/ Ashwamedha Yagna. I don't remember the details very clearly. There was someone who opposed Krishna being honoured and then the issue was solved or overruled and Krishna was the guest of honour for the Yagna.


Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Joined: 08 January 2009

Posts: 1947

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vanadhi

Originally posted by varaali

As far as Srimad Bhagavatham goes, Saibya is another name for Mitravinda (we discussed it in one of the posts- you may want to check it up), but she is not related to Paundrak nor is in love with Shevataketu (acc to SB)

thanks for clarification varali fictional poems and songs create all chaos from region to region...LOL ...i can tell u another chaos tooWink

arjun is married to Ahlli rani of madurai...ROFL

sorry if u are not interested i will withdraw this issue .i think the acutal referrence to ahlli is ulupi or chitranga...i think so...

but all  the stage drama's in these area is based on Ahlli rani fought with arjuna and krishna arrival to pacify them is super hit concept more than centuries ...Wink 


Anything information Mahabharat or Krishna is welcome here unless it creates an undesirable situation.

I have heard of the tales but its not only Alli Rani, the Pandya Queen, they mention.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Joined: 25 October 2008

Posts: 20800

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 2:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vibhishna

I think the Yadhavas were allies at this point in spite of fighting against the Pandavas in the war. But then, everyone reconciled with the Pandavas or were subdued after the war. Even Dushala and the Pandavas reconciled.
Yadavas were always allies of the Pandavas - when did they fight a war?  And how does Duhshala come in? Confused

My question was specifically that when Yudhisthir was made emperor, did Ugrasena accept him as an overlord?  Or did the Pandavas and Dwarka have an equal relationship?
Originally posted by Vibhishna

I remember reading Yudhishtra honoured Krishna (as the chief guest?!?) in the Rajasuya/ Ashwamedha Yagna. I don't remember the details very clearly. There was someone who opposed Krishna being honoured and then the issue was solved or overruled and Krishna was the guest of honour for the Yagna.
 
In the Rajasuya yagna, Krishna was the chief honoree, and Sishupala was the one who objected to it.

Sishupala, who had been re-aligning his kingdom to be allied to the Pandavas after the death of Jarasandha, welcomed Bhima when the latter, on his conquests, came to Chedi, and unconditionally told him that he was their new ally.  Bhima was welcomed there, and from Chedi, he went on to launch further invasions, backed by Sishupala.  Sishupala obviously hoped to become a most favored ally of the Pandavas, and was piqued that they chose to honor his mortal enemy Krishna instead.

During the Ashwamedha yagna, some Yadavas captured the horse, but Arjun got Ugrasena & Vasudev to persuade them to hand it over.  But if any kingdom did that, it meant that it recognized the suzerainty of Yudhisthir.  Was that a new policy after the war, or did the Yadavas already have that relationship w/ the Pandavas?  B'cos if they were allies or vassals of the Pandavas, then not just Krishna, but all the Yadavas should have been active combatants in the war on the Pandava side, not only for that reason, but also on account of both Kunti and Subhadra, whose origins were from there.

vanadhi

IF-Dazzler

vanadhi

Joined: 15 May 2011

Posts: 3378

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vibhishna

Originally posted by vanadhi

Originally posted by varaali

As far as Srimad Bhagavatham goes, Saibya is another name for Mitravinda (we discussed it in one of the posts- you may want to check it up), but she is not related to Paundrak nor is in love with Shevataketu (acc to SB)

thanks for clarification varali fictional poems and songs create all chaos from region to region...LOL ...i can tell u another chaos tooWink

arjun is married to Ahlli rani of madurai...ROFL

sorry if u are not interested i will withdraw this issue .i think the acutal referrence to ahlli is ulupi or chitranga...i think so...

but all  the stage drama's in these area is based on Ahlli rani fought with arjuna and krishna arrival to pacify them is super hit concept more than centuries ...Wink 


Anything information Mahabharat or Krishna is welcome here unless it creates an undesirable situation.

I have heard of the tales but its not only Alli Rani, the Pandya Queen, they mention.


oh thank you thats a funny story to  portrait .it...LOL. And yes she is a pandiyan Queen ...Pandiyans are well Associated with pandavas ...which includes, during the  war time, it is  mentioned that  befit of getting food supply materials from   pandiyas with a well trained troops...as a ally  ...


Virish 

i think that Dwaraka must act as a vassal with pandava kingdom,
i need a clarification on these questions...
1.they will accept , if krishna will be king of dwaraka(Ugrasena is a old person i don know how long can he live so for ,Krishna is alive up to 125 yrs .so it is not possible for Ugrasena to live that much abnormally)
2.if Asvamedhya yaga is after war then what is the state of Ugrasena is he alive...(i don know)
but i felt the thought of reading krishna as king of Dwaraka at that time...

ok krishna still on the princely state ,but the important decisions are made only by him by hook or crook or charm what ever ? his words are final to all ...so  

 we can say krishna will mutually accepted the supremacy of padavas as they are dear to him in all aspects...

we can relate this issue with ramayan where Lord Ram perform Ashwamedha yagna for that purpose it has to ride over Mithila too (Land belongs to his Father-in-law).Did king Janag accepted that to pay tribute? no not exactly mentioned ...

so paying Tribute is not the important concern when they are blood relations ...(how can we show upper hand to our near dear ones )...it may be mutual understanding ...nothing more than that i think so...


http://www.gita-society.com/did-krishna-exist.htm hey guys this link  seems to be  interesting ...sorry if u had already read itEmbarrassed










Edited by vanadhi - 26 December 2011 at 10:06am

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Joined: 25 October 2008

Posts: 20800

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Vanadhi

Ugrasena & Vasudev were very much alive - in the MB, when Arjun was on his Ashwamedha yagna & the horse went thru Dwarka, some Yadava yutes captured the horse, but rather than battle them, Arjun asked Ugrasena & Vasudev to mediate, and they persuaded them to release the horse.

In the MB, after Daruka got Arjun to Dwarka, Vasudev, after handing over control of everybody to him, died, and Arjun did his funeral, as well as that of the dead.  In SB, Vasudev, Ugrasena, Devaki and all their wives died on seeing Krishna's & Balarama's bodies.  The description of the ends of the Yadavas & the Pandavas is different b/w Mahabharata & Shrimad Bhagvatam.  In the former, no mention is made of when or how Ugrasena died, although it's implied, since Arjun handed over power to Vajra.

Krishna, afaik, never sat on the throne of Dwarka, but was nonetheless its de facto ruler.  Ugrasena was the titular head of that coalition of Yadavas, Vrishnis, Andhakas and so on.  You may want to read most of the posts of this thread starting from I think pg 7, then you'll get a complete picture.

vanadhi

IF-Dazzler

vanadhi

Joined: 15 May 2011

Posts: 3378

Posted: 26 December 2011 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Vanadhi

Ugrasena & Vasudev were very much alive - in the MB, when Arjun was on his Ashwamedha yagna & the horse went thru Dwarka, some Yadava yutes captured the horse, but rather than battle them, Arjun asked Ugrasena & Vasudev to mediate, and they persuaded them to release the horse.

In the MB, after Daruka got Arjun to Dwarka, Vasudev, after handing over control of everybody to him, died, and Arjun did his funeral, as well as that of the dead.  In SB, Vasudev, Ugrasena, Devaki and all their wives died on seeing Krishna's & Balarama's bodies.  The description of the ends of the Yadavas & the Pandavas is different b/w Mahabharata & Shrimad Bhagvatam.  In the former, no mention is made of when or how Ugrasena died, although it's implied, since Arjun handed over power to Vajra.

Krishna, afaik, never sat on the throne of Dwarka, but was nonetheless its de facto ruler.  Ugrasena was the titular head of that coalition of Yadavas, Vrishnis, Andhakas and so on.  You may want to read most of the posts of this thread starting from I think pg 7, then you'll get a complete picture.

Oh Thanks Virish...
  ya In MB it is not Mentioned when did Ugrasena died .So It remains a confusion in me for a long time...if  he is alive up to handling power to Vajra then he may be more than 150 yrs of  age...

If  is he is died then vasudev cant sat on the throne...according to ancient customs   .
so they maintained this mystery so long...(Though Ugrasena have some other grand children like Chitrakedu,Prahadpal,etc).


thank you for clarifications ...Virish




 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

vanadhi

IF-Dazzler

vanadhi

Joined: 15 May 2011

Posts: 3378

Posted: 30 December 2011 at 10:19am | IP Logged
krishna 's horoscope ...
most attractive as well as tangled one .



The chart has been prepared from
a poem by Soordas, a fifteenth
century poet of Bhakti Marg.

Ascendent Tauras (Vrishbha) 
Moon, Saturn and Mars are in
exalted positions, sun, mercury,
Jupiter and Venus are in their
own houses.

Interpretations

Moon in Tauras in the First House 
The person will have a handsome appearance, impecable deportment, catholicity and extensive renown. The person will be endowed with an extremely attractive body, will enjoy vast luster and riches.

Ketu (Dragon's tail) in the First House 
The person will have numerous high-class pleasures, but will suffer ignominy tribulations and scandals.

Sun in Leo in the First House 
A superior artistic ability will be his endowment. The person will have lascivious tendencies. A natural leader, ambitious, determined and honest, magnetic, intuitive and incentive. Fond of children, drama and high office.

Mercury in Virgo in the Fifth House
A firm moralist, extricated from all difficulties. Well-versed in the Holy Scriptures. A proficient conjurer who will practice his skill to conquer his adversaries.

Venus in Libra in the Sixth House
He will be liked by the rulers. He will attain a prominent position in the armed forces, and will prevent inhuman harm to a great many people.

Saturn in Libra in the Sixth House
The person will have an aristocratic status, and will obtain a pre-eminent position in his own society. He will be obstinate, rich and in dire fear of his adversaries.

Rahu (Dragon's head) in the Seventh House
The person will be gallant, valorous and determined, but will suffer through inordinate sensuality and extravagant sex relations. Will receive gains and delight from women.

Mars in Capricorn in the Ninth House
The person will be guilty of an enormity concerning his parents. He will attain the status of a ruler.

Jupiter in Pisces in the Eleventh House
The person will be endowed with great nobility. He will be valours and have acute mental ablity. A long life will be enjoyed by him in addition to luster and vast opulence.

[From Essence of Hindu Sidereal Astrology
by Mrs. Dorothy Robertson.]

 source  http://www.dwarkadhish.org/Horoscope.aspx

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShivangBuch

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
+* DBSK: Episode Discussions *+

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40

...PARiNA... 317 16418 16 April 2012 at 12:35am
By .Vrish.
Rukmini's messenger in Kali Yuga varaali 7 995 23 July 2011 at 7:13am
By kinny_ranvir
11 July written update~War discussions lakshmi42 7 710 12 July 2011 at 5:33am
By Roark

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.