Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

+* Dwapar Yuga: Doubts & Discussions *+ (Page 23)

Post Reply New Post

Page 23 of 29

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 09 November 2011 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vanadhi

hi frds 
ITs long time iam back here to ask another question .
does the descendants of lord krishna still alive 
because recently i have gone through a film 7 am Arivu(7th SENCE tamil movie) 
In which genetic memory of Monk Boddi darma is Reinvoked  through his decend ants. if that possible why not we caliber roots of Lord Sree Krishna  , lord ram ,to find the exact traces of our powerful social heritage
.But the kingly people surviving in this century or totally different roots of muguals,rajputs,palis and many local attires .what u people think about this.

if we common people survivable to this extent ,why not the divine dna 's too?     

It is certainly possible and has been researched very well. In fact, there is a book in Telugu with a title (translated) - Aren't Gavaras Kauravas?

The roots of caste and clans have been researched very well but have not been discussed openly for various reasons.

For more info, I can watch the movie and get back - I haven't seen it yet.

As far as I know, the royal families of Dwapar Yuga became mingled with other families as time moved on.

Also, there Rajputs were divided into 4 - Suryavanshi, Agnivanshi etc. I haven't read enough to know if they were descendents of Dwapar Yuga Royal families.

Edited by Vibhishna - 09 November 2011 at 8:31am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

varaali.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+* Dwapar Yuga: Doubts & Discussions *+ (Page 23)" in Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 09 November 2011 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Regarding Karna's Rule as the king of Anga, there are so many stories of his generosity when he was in his kingdom. I think he did not try to expand his kingdom but only assisted the Kauravas expanding their empire. He did govern the country well but was the first one to aid Duryodhan when he needed help. I think he also spent a lot of time in Hastinapur.

Also, wasn't Karenumati Drishketu's sister and Sishupal's daughter? Even if she was too young, it did not matter those days, did it? It was natural for the husband to be several years older those days.

Edited by Vibhishna - 09 November 2011 at 8:49am

varaali.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 09 November 2011 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Vibs

Yadavas were Chandravanshis - they were descendents of Yayati's son Yadu.

Any account of Karna's rule as ruler of Anga would have had to be from some other source, rather than the Mahabharata, that says nothing about his reign.  It was said that in the evenings, when he prayed to Surya-dev, he'd give anybody anything they asked for - an advantage that both Indra & Kunti abused.  But it's not clear whether the bulk of time that he did this was in Hastinapur, or Anga.  Yeah, Kunti was certainly in Hastinapur, but Indra may have appeared to him in either place.

I had read that Sahadev married Jarasandha's daughter (obviously an younger one than Asti & Prapti) while Nakul married Sishupala's sister.  But I don't recall where, and reading the MB, I didn't find the reference to Jarasandha's daughter anywhere.

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 09 November 2011 at 9:28am | IP Logged
It was a well known fact that Karna would give anything to anyone who would ask him after his evening prayers. But that was not what I was referring to.

There are many stories which speak  of Karna's generosity (not just the evening instances).

These stories (I was actually surprised when I first read them) were instances to show Arjun that Karna was more generous than him (and, of course, Krishna was behind it all).

I can remember two of them very well. Shall I post them here?

Also, if I remember correctly, there were 4 major divisions of Rajput clans - all of them belonged to either Suryavanshi, Chandravanshi, Agnivanshi, and one more (I forgot the name Ouch)

Its been very long since I read history...

Edited by Vibhishna - 09 November 2011 at 7:03pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 09 November 2011 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Please do Smile

Were these stories narrated to Arjun by Krishna after Karna's death?

Edited by .Vrish. - 09 November 2011 at 11:45am

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 09 November 2011 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Please do Smile

Where these stories narrated to Arjun by Krishna after Karna's death?

No, these happened when both of them were alive and Karna was the king of Anga.

Will take some time to type them but will post them here.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 09 November 2011 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Vibhishana,

Are you referring to the Sandalwood story?

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 09 November 2011 at 9:52am | IP Logged
 We have plenty of posts in this thread about just Karna's family, so what I will do, I will move these all to a new thread called the +* Pandava parivar *+, in which I'll cover the Pandavas and Karna (despite him not completely meeting the definition of a Pandava).  The other stories, like the generosity of Karna, can remain in the Doubts & Discussions thread.

Edited by .Vrish. - 09 November 2011 at 10:50am

Vibhishnavaraali

Post Reply New Post

Go to top