Rules & Announcements

IMPORTANT: Few important changes to fight Spam (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 21

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Maniben.com Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 6:48am | IP Logged
What about all the Forum Games topics? How will they run, most of them usually require a one word answer and also forum games too, I think that the minimum characters count should be lower.

People can always get around this by putting lots of spaces, or maybe editing their post.

Can't you just ban Thanks posts?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vijaypksanamNisha_90

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "IMPORTANT: Few important changes to fight Spam (Page 9)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Wrackspurt

IF-Stunnerz

Wrackspurt

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 6:57am | IP Logged
How can we right 150 characters for each and every post??....and please consider .....there are chat clubs also.......we cant always write 150 character posts there Ouch

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pksanam-KingAragorn-.anjz.-Disha-.JustaDreamiTangled_25

Raina_luvDMG

IF-Dazzler

Raina_luvDMG

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 7:04am | IP Logged
A nice idea...thank you.

@ Word limit:
Agreed.....so many people make 3-5 word posts just to increase their posts count. However 150 is too many characters, around 50 - 100 should work betterThumbs Up.

@ Time limit betwen posts
Although this feature is active at IF however it does get annoying for the CCs. Some of the CCs move too fast, by the time you post your reply, the CC has already moved another 2 pages. We have some serious capacity to do nonstop chapad chapad at IFLOL. But anyways it is required and there is no other way around it.

@ Forum having too many restrictions:
Considering the extreme stalking, personal bashing, fake IDs and conspiracies that go on at IF..... my goodness I've never seen anything like that any where elseOuch. "Constructive Criticism" is fine but come on we all know that what goes on at IF is nothing close to being "objective" and "constructive".Thumbs Down Some members certainly need classes on being politically correct and graceful. People have way too much time at hand and way too much hatred in their hearts.

So yes.... I say WE NEED EVEN MORE STRICTER RULES here at India Forums............or a way to only allow people with certain morals, values  and intellect at this forum.... but thats impossible to figure out so stricter rules is the way to go.

A STANDING OVATION TO THE INDIA FORUMS ADMIN TEAM
Clap

For  giving us this wonderful platform to share our viewsBig smile and working day in and out to monitor all the nonsense that goes on around IFShocked. I bet the poor admin team had no idea what they were in for when IF first started.

(And no I'm not friends with any of the MODS and neither do I have the time to figure out which ones like which cartoon characters. I am only here to appreciate the fact that they do have a tough job at hand, how well that job is carried out is another discussion all together)

I still enjoy being here at IF because over time I have understood who and what to pay attention to and who to ignore so I could have a peaceful time at IF. 

As for the "intellectual minds" who are uncomfortable analyzing every second of daily Indian soaps here at IF because it too restrictiveLOL,  why waste your intellect here. The Wall Street Journal could certainly do with a few more "intellectuals" in this global recessionWink.

Edited by Raina_luvDMG - 02 July 2009 at 7:44am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

vijaynulzOM_Peacekash4life-KD-Nisha_90armaaniliciousP_Shalislandgirl007-Veena-anitamalikIshaqzaadi

-KD-

IF-Sizzlerz

-KD-

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 7:28am | IP Logged
thanks for this!
i very much agree with your points...like raina said there are some of them who just comment to increase their number of posts
some ppl generally dont write anything but a thankyou...or just post an emoty
i personally agree with your decision and would love to have it as a rule..not less than 150 characters per post

if we open a topic..obviously since there r so many members...there r bound to be differences in thoughts n opinions
but spamming n destructing a healthy topic only  if you dont agree with the topic maker.you tend to put smileys such as a ROFLLL emoty or a LOL one
which actually does offend the topic maker n like u have mentioned increases spam!

the rules r made for our good..and i would love to have more of them.
you guys work extremely hard as moderators ..n its our duty as members to follow it..!

also if 150 would be a bit too much..i thinkConfused 50-100 characters per post would be awsome tooEmbarrassed
Im not here to point fingers ....or take out my personal grudge..on anyone....just stating my opinion....
Thankyou!Big smile

Edited by Kashviiiiii - 02 July 2009 at 7:32am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vijayRaina_luvDMGNisha_90

P_Shal

IF-Sizzlerz

P_Shal

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 7:29am | IP Logged
I agree with Raina_lubDMG..

150 characters would be little too much..If we could limit that to 50 or 100, it should be no problem..

Ditto her about forum restrictions too..Even with restrictions some members don't leave any chance to mock and bash other people, actor and even mods, so I would vote for more restrictions than taking away what we have..Sometimes, it feels like people just come to IF just to attack other members and forums than to do anything else..It's sad, but true..

Ditto Raina..Kudos to Dev team for doing their job..It's sad they get bashed for doing what they suppose to do......

Edited by P_Shal - 02 July 2009 at 7:30am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vijayRaina_luvDMGNisha_90-KD-anitamalik

gujunpyo

IF-Sizzlerz

gujunpyo

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 7:34am | IP Logged
150 characterss...Shocked..datz too much..
u know rite their r chat clubs here..hw do we say hi in 150 characters...we cnt alwayz write an essay for every thing..there  r ffs..where people just write nice part,go on..things like that..do u expect every one to do a phd of the ffs before commentingLOL..n ofcourse there  r games..they will be useless..in all this is a unneeded rule....spammers r wise enough to still spam...Wink....i think u need to be more foolproof ...!!..u can watch out for those people who spam...Wink

Edited by aneeshadgr8 - 02 July 2009 at 7:41am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

vijaypksanam-KingAragorn-Nisha_90.anjz..JustaDreamiTangled_25Wrackspurt

iTangled_25

IF-Stunnerz

iTangled_25

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 7:34am | IP Logged
Oh my....now what abt CC's?Ouch

ok i agree u wanna quit spamming....but like this...i mean why cant certain members b watched now on and c that they get warnings or tag them and see only those members dont spam....

How much can u say for topics lik where they provide HQ videos or other relevant stuff like pictures....i mean arent certain topics opened for discussions only daily basis to discuss over there..we cant "discuss" much or anything for that matter in videobies posts.....n i think even pressing the like button and not commenting 150 chars means tagging.....but then what if we like the post what videobies post and dont wanna comment on it....i mean many will just stop pressing th like button even if they like the topic if they dont wanna comment or cant comment 150 characters....

I respect this decision....but i dont fully agree with itConfused........I mean 150 chars now is too much....!!!Ouch

Edited by Steff_DMG - 02 July 2009 at 7:35am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

pksanamhello.-KingAragorn-.anjz.-Disha-gujunpyonisha80.JustaDreamWrackspurt

Nisha_90

IF-Sizzlerz

Nisha_90

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 7:53am | IP Logged
i can't agree more wid Raina,Kashvii,p_Shal.... kudos to IF Dev team fr taking initiative steps for its developmentThumbs Up

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Raina_luvDMG-KD-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top