Rules & Announcements

IMPORTANT: Few important changes to fight Spam (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 21

unknowndesires.

IF-Stunnerz

unknowndesires.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 3:36am | IP Logged
Nice idea!! Hope it works!! I 'll definetley try not to spam!!!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "IMPORTANT: Few important changes to fight Spam (Page 8)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Moni-

IF-Stunnerz

-Moni-

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 3:55am | IP Logged
Nice idea!!!!but 150 characters minimum!!!that's too much...

Sam_dean4Eva

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 4:08am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Ishan.

Ishan.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 5:59am | IP Logged
I appreciate the idea but all Games of the Week (GOTW) will be useless as most of the games do not require to type more than 50-60 chars. Also there maybe certain topics which may not require us to type long paras. We can convey our mesage in shorter words. I feel that 150 char. limit is too much !!!!

My requst or advice would be please reduce the char. limit !! Smile

Edited by ishan.k - 02 July 2009 at 6:01am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

hello.-KingAragorn-roshaaangujunpyoiTangled_25

Ishan.

Ishan.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zainab25

My two cents:

Overall this forum may very well be shut down because frankly there's no use of it. Last time I checked the meaning of "discussion" in Oxford's dictionary, it stated "Identify issues and provide points for and/or against."
ROFL 

IF may very well be unaware of the meaning or at least the kings and queens are fo sho!   

Let me suggest you a few tips before this place is fully deserted by the intellectual minds and is only left with ROFL'ers, LOL'ers, and MWAAAH'ers.

First I believe that if your intention is to have this forum carry scholarly discussions, be it positive or negative, then eliminate your biased moderators. It's not my fault that I am not best friends with them or text them on their cell phones 'xoxo' 24/7. I have a life you see.  I visit this place that has little or no sanity left to catch reviews, participate in discussions, or watch videos; not to find my future spouse.

Secondly, make the DEV team comprehend that a topic cannot be shut down because it highlights negative features of a character or episode. If you go back to the definition of discussion, then you will be able to view that discussion and debate value both the positive and negative features. Another aspect that I find absolutely comical is that many moderators have apparently perhaps forgotten that a show consists of fictional characters and not non fictional characters. Heheh. Once they comprehend that vital fact, then issues will begin to resolve automatically.

Thirdly, spamming should be your last concern. Since when did having 150 characters to a post qualify it to be scholarly? I tell you spammers are wise and they will end up adding only 3 other LOL's and ROFL's to meet the requirement.

Fourthly, you may very well hunt down all of the stalkers on IF that have indeed made this place 'haraam.' There may very well be a feature that exists on this place which can let members know how many anuties and Hannah Montana fans lurve them.  Actually I believe that if you tackle this conflict down, it will end up providing you better results than tackling the spammers down.

Lastly, freedom of expression is deprived from this website and some intellectual minds wouldn't mind at all if it's brought back.

I have sighted quite a few moderators who indeed attempt to resolve issues on IF and make it a memorable experience but the rest of the dim witted aunties, Hannah Montana lowers, and moderators who tend to believe they are God make this place suffocating.

Thanks!

I hope I didn't 'hurted' anyone's feelings now.

I cant agree with u more !!! Just perfect !!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

hello.pksanamroxthefoxroshaaaniTangled_25WrackspurtHowlarious

roshaaan

IF-Sizzlerz

roshaaan

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 6:38am | IP Logged
hey nice rules but ..... 150 characters minimum its tooooo much

sita11

IF-Stunnerz

sita11

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 6:38am | IP Logged
thanks priya for making this rule !!!

sita11

IF-Stunnerz

sita11

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 6:39am | IP Logged
minum  characters shd b around 30-40 150 characters r too..much  !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pksanam

Post Reply New Post

Go to top