IMPORTANT: Few important changes to fight Spam - Page 7

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by zainab25

My two cents:

Overall this forum may very well be shut down because frankly there's no use of it. Last time I checked the meaning of "discussion" in Oxford's dictionary, it stated "Identify issues and provide points for and/or against."
🤣 

IF may very well be unaware of the meaning or at least the kings and queens are fo sho!   

Let me suggest you a few tips before this place is fully deserted by the intellectual minds and is only left with ROFL'ers, LOL'ers, and MWAAAH'ers.

First I believe that if your intention is to have this forum carry scholarly discussions, be it positive or negative, then eliminate your biased moderators. It's not my fault that I am not best friends with them or text them on their cell phones 'xoxo' 24/7. I have a life you see.  I visit this place that has little or no sanity left to catch reviews, participate in discussions, or watch videos; not to find my future spouse.

Secondly, make the DEV team comprehend that a topic cannot be shut down because it highlights negative features of a character or episode. If you go back to the definition of discussion, then you will be able to view that discussion and debate value both the positive and negative features. Another aspect that I find absolutely comical is that many moderators have apparently perhaps forgotten that a show consists of fictional characters and not non fictional characters. Heheh. Once they comprehend that vital fact, then issues will begin to resolve automatically.

Thirdly, spamming should be your last concern. Since when did having 150 characters to a post qualify it to be scholarly? I tell you spammers are wise and they will end up adding only 3 other LOL's and ROFL's to meet the requirement.

Fourthly, you may very well hunt down all of the stalkers on IF that have indeed made this place 'haraam.' There may very well be a feature that exists on this place which can let members know how many anuties and Hannah Montana fans lurve them.  Actually I believe that if you tackle this conflict down, it will end up providing you better results than tackling the spammers down.

Lastly, freedom of expression is deprived from this website and some intellectual minds wouldn't mind at all if it's brought back.

I have sighted quite a few moderators who indeed attempt to resolve issues on IF and make it a memorable experience but the rest of the dim witted aunties, Hannah Montana lowers, and moderators who tend to believe they are God make this place suffocating.

Thanks!

I hope I didn't 'hurted' anyone's feelings now.

I cant agree with u more !!! Just perfect !!!
hey nice rules but ..... 150 characters minimum its tooooo much
thanks priya for making this rule !!!
minum  characters shd b around 30-40 150 characters r too..much  !!
What about all the Forum Games topics? How will they run, most of them usually require a one word answer and also forum games too, I think that the minimum characters count should be lower.

People can always get around this by putting lots of spaces, or maybe editing their post.

Can't you just ban Thanks posts?
How can we right 150 characters for each and every post??....and please consider .....there are chat clubs also.......we cant always write 150 character posts there
A nice idea...thank you.

@ Word limit:
Agreed.....so many people make 3-5 word posts just to increase their posts count. However 150 is too many characters, around 50 - 100 should work better👍🏼.

@ Time limit betwen posts
Although this feature is active at IF however it does get annoying for the CCs. Some of the CCs move too fast, by the time you post your reply, the CC has already moved another 2 pages. We have some serious capacity to do nonstop chapad chapad at IF😆. But anyways it is required and there is no other way around it.

@ Forum having too many restrictions:
Considering the extreme stalking, personal bashing, fake IDs and conspiracies that go on at IF..... my goodness I've never seen anything like that any where else. "Constructive Criticism" is fine but come on we all know that what goes on at IF is nothing close to being "objective" and "constructive".👎🏼 Some members certainly need classes on being politically correct and graceful. People have way too much time at hand and way too much hatred in their hearts.

So yes.... I say WE NEED EVEN MORE STRICTER RULES here at India Forums............or a way to only allow people with certain morals, values  and intellect at this forum.... but thats impossible to figure out so stricter rules is the way to go.

A STANDING OVATION TO THE INDIA FORUMS ADMIN TEAM
👏

For  giving us this wonderful platform to share our views😃 and working day in and out to monitor all the nonsense that goes on around IF😲. I bet the poor admin team had no idea what they were in for when IF first started.

(And no I'm not friends with any of the MODS and neither do I have the time to figure out which ones like which cartoon characters. I am only here to appreciate the fact that they do have a tough job at hand, how well that job is carried out is another discussion all together)

I still enjoy being here at IF because over time I have understood who and what to pay attention to and who to ignore so I could have a peaceful time at IF. 

As for the "intellectual minds" who are uncomfortable analyzing every second of daily Indian soaps here at IF because it too restrictive😆,  why waste your intellect here. The Wall Street Journal could certainly do with a few more "intellectuals" in this global recession😉.

Edited by Raina_luvDMG - 14 years ago
thanks for this!
i very much agree with your points...like raina said there are some of them who just comment to increase their number of posts
some ppl generally dont write anything but a thankyou...or just post an emoty
i personally agree with your decision and would love to have it as a rule..not less than 150 characters per post

if we open a topic..obviously since there r so many members...there r bound to be differences in thoughts n opinions
but spamming n destructing a healthy topic only  if you dont agree with the topic maker.you tend to put smileys such as a ROFLLL emoty or a LOL one
which actually does offend the topic maker n like u have mentioned increases spam!

the rules r made for our good..and i would love to have more of them.
you guys work extremely hard as moderators ..n its our duty as members to follow it..!

also if 150 would be a bit too much..i think😕 50-100 characters per post would be awsome too😳
Im not here to point fingers ....or take out my personal grudge..on anyone....just stating my opinion....
Thankyou!😃

Edited by Kashviiiiii - 14 years ago
I agree with Raina_lubDMG..

150 characters would be little too much..If we could limit that to 50 or 100, it should be no problem..

Ditto her about forum restrictions too..Even with restrictions some members don't leave any chance to mock and bash other people, actor and even mods, so I would vote for more restrictions than taking away what we have..Sometimes, it feels like people just come to IF just to attack other members and forums than to do anything else..It's sad, but true..

Ditto Raina..Kudos to Dev team for doing their job..It's sad they get bashed for doing what they suppose to do......

Edited by P_Shal - 14 years ago
150 characterss...😲..datz too much..
u know rite their r chat clubs here..hw do we say hi in 150 characters...we cnt alwayz write an essay for every thing..there  r ffs..where people just write nice part,go on..things like that..do u expect every one to do a phd of the ffs before commenting😆..n ofcourse there  r games..they will be useless..in all this is a unneeded rule....spammers r wise enough to still spam...😉....i think u need to be more foolproof ...!!..u can watch out for those people who spam...😉
Edited by aneeshadgr8 - 14 years ago