Rules & Announcements

IMPORTANT: Few important changes to fight Spam (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 21

-BolNaHalke-

IF-Veteran Member

-BolNaHalke-

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 5:35pm | IP Logged
That is a very great idea! I fully agree with you....Im not going to lie..unintentially it has been but I think i do the same..its a great idea in my point of view..

But can i suggest you lower the character amount to about 50...only because if someone want to say something , thats short simple, and to the point...but it has to be said..and isnt 150 characters...then..they would have to right more even if doesnt make sense..just for it to be posted..right?

If you lower the character about to maybe 50-60..I think it would be better..

But thats just an opinion..and I thought I was allowed to have a say..so I said this..if not its cool..whatever you guys decide is best!

Great idea though! Personally I even make this mistake..its not on purpose..it just happens...Im sorry!!!!!!

Do implement this feature..its smart!

Edited by xtaurus429x - 01 July 2009 at 5:37pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vijaypksanam-Imu.M-wida

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "IMPORTANT: Few important changes to fight Spam (Page 4)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Imu.M-

IF-Rockerz

-Imu.M-

Na Ana Is Desh Laado Banner contest winner

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Even sometime people commenting Thanks sounds Biased sometime, So therefore this feature will be help to our Sections, It will make it more active and More discussion .. Nice to see things slowly Improving and the Tag Idea seems perfect !

Nice to Know , Hope it works properly !

-BolNaHalke-

IF-Veteran Member

-BolNaHalke-

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 5:46pm | IP Logged
If its a game..like this...:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1206372&TPN=13&#22713400

Its not necessary that the post be 150 characters...

its only like 5..

so...I think the feature is smart..but its gonna cause some limitations..we might not be able to do games the same way...or other things..the same..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pksanam-KingAragorn-wida

-Imu.M-

IF-Rockerz

-Imu.M-

Na Ana Is Desh Laado Banner contest winner

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
I agree with xtaurus429x

pksanam

IF-Rockerz

pksanam

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
i have to agree with -angel- and roxthefox...

too many restrictions (and i really hope that image verification is NEVER implemented here) would kill it for the members... i'll certainly be put off if the image verification is ever implemented... it can be a bit of a nuisance when you are posting...

it's better to make the forum more friendlier to use rather than creating too many rules...

Edited by pksanam - 01 July 2009 at 6:10pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vijayroxthefoxOzymandias-KingAragorn-Howlarious

Gur.N.cool

IF-Sizzlerz

Gur.N.cool

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
150 characters are too much.
sometimes we are playing games which require only one or two words.

The 150 rule should only apply to members who are tagged by the dev team as spammers.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pksanamOzymandias-KingAragorn-wida

pksanam

IF-Rockerz

pksanam

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 6:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by xtaurus429x

That is a very great idea! I fully agree with you....Im not going to lie..unintentially it has been but I think i do the same..its a great idea in my point of view..

But can i suggest you lower the character amount to about 50...only because if someone want to say something , thats short simple, and to the point...but it has to be said..and isnt 150 characters...then..they would have to right more even if doesnt make sense..just for it to be posted..right?

If you lower the character about to maybe 50-60..I think it would be better..

But thats just an opinion..and I thought I was allowed to have a say..so I said this..if not its cool..whatever you guys decide is best!

Great idea though! Personally I even make this mistake..its not on purpose..it just happens...Im sorry!!!!!!

Do implement this feature..its smart!

oh yes... that i completely agree with...

because for some games and some other posts, 150 characters can be a bit too much... and that would mean we can't discuss properly and write useless nonsense... it'll sure kill the fun of posting here on IF...

there should be limitations but yes, i agree 150 seems a bit too much... thanks for sharing, that's about 18 characters... so it should be more than 20 characters for sure but 150 is a bit too high...

i would recommend around 40-50....!!

also, it's going to pose a bit of a problem when we are playing games... which is usually part of almost every section... Confused

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
Right, it's hard to have 150 characters for a game and such. I see your point Priya di, but why not like 10 or 20 characters minimum?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top