Rules & Announcements
Rules & Announcements

India-Forums

IMPORTANT: Few important changes to fight Spam (Page 3)

-Sharona- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sharona-
-Sharona-

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
great idea...this will help the forum a lot because there are a lot of forums that have many members who write short replies like thanks add stuff...this will help a lot Smile
Sharadlicious IF-Stunnerz
Sharadlicious
Sharadlicious

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
It's a good idea because it's help keep the forum clean... but I think 150 charactors is way too much especially in like the CC section... and it's like too much for the games in the forums... and some posts don't really require people to say much so 150 charactors would be hard for those types of posts....

I like the idea about the DEV team tagging someone as a spammer if they spam a lot. Can't the people tagged spammers be the only ones who the 150 charactor limit effects?

Edited by *xoxo* - 01 July 2009 at 4:33pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

i5hy

Jess. IF-Veteran Member
Jess.
Jess.

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Great IdeaThumbs Up
this would really help members trying to read posts and not have to flip through pages of "tfs" and emoticons

.Angel IF-Stunnerz
.Angel
.Angel

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
I am really sorry to say this BUT this is not a good idea in any way....

I mean come on let ppl do/say what they want and feels like without being scared of u ppl,  just because u guys are the one in power does not mean u should keep telling ppl what they can and can not do all the time......

sometimes I feel like I'm back in my mom and dad's house and being told whom to be friends with and whom not to.

please when u r all busy make Rules for members do think about what will make dem happy/what will make dem keep coming to India-forum and try not to make dem feel like are back at school once again with tons of Rules........

thank u very much if u care to see my point and if not well I did try.

and good luck with whatever u all come up with in ur Rules Rule's world...

Angel.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

vijayMrsNealCaffreyhello.pksanamroxthefoxx.sonia.xincandescenceHowlarious

roxthefox IF-Sizzlerz
roxthefox
roxthefox

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 4:57pm | IP Logged
No offense, but I think this is a dumb idea. How is this going to solve spamming? I agree that the 'Thank You' and the emoticon posts are somewhat useless, but I don't see this solving anything.

The more restrictions you impose on members, the less they will participate. You want people to engage in discussions, yet any topic that attempts to articulate a discussion is shut down with an instance, with negativity plastered all over it. The only threads that DO survive are the ones infested with 'Thank you's' and emoticons. People are discouraged to write posts with substance, because they don't see the point in writing such posts, when their fate is already decided.

If you want discussions with substance to flourish, than perhaps you should consider softening up the rules a little, and not restrict people further, to the point that they feel like jailbates, and not members of a forum.

I don't see this solving the problem, and that's my personal opinion. For all we know, people will start writing random crap, just to meet the 150 character mark, instead of  merely writing Thank You:

"................  OMGggggggggggg.... thank youuuuuuu for this!! thank you soooooo much... you are great....thanks once agaaaaaaaain..........!"

This meets the 150 character mark, yet it has no substance whatsoever. Sometimes, only a few words are needed to get a point across, or a few words could be powerful enough to make a substantial post.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

toliskstarpksanamhello.MrsNealCaffreyincandescenceRiyaK09Ozymandiasx.sonia.x.AngelSharadliciouspetticoatHowlarious

roxthefox IF-Sizzlerz
roxthefox
roxthefox

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _angel_

I am really sorry to say this BUT this is not a good idea in any way....

I mean come on let ppl do/say what they want and feels like without being scared of u ppl,  just because u guys are the one in power does not mean u should keep telling ppl what they can and can not do all the time......

sometimes I feel like I'm back in my mom and dad's house and being told whom to be friends with and whom not to.

please when u r all busy make Rules for members do think about what will make dem happy/what will make dem keep coming to India-forum and try not to make dem feel like are back at school once again with tons of Rules........

thank u very much if u care to see my point and if not well I did try.

and good luck with whatever u all come up with in ur Rules Rule's world...

Angel.

I absolutely agree with each word. I couldn't have said it better myself. This forum resembles a jail more than a discussion forum. I don't mean to offend anyone, but this is all a consequence of the amount of restrictions and limitations the 'rulemakers' have imposed on the 'citizens'... I don't want to be treated like a kid, especially when I'm older than most of the mods here.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

pksanamhello.MrsNealCaffreyincandescenceOzymandiasRiyaK09petticoat.AngelHowlarious

Nikasha. IF-Dazzler
Nikasha.
Nikasha.

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
Thank you Priya di for the awesome post! Is there any way we could know how many characters we have typed, so we don't post under the 150 character limit?
hello. IF-Rockerz
hello.
hello.

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
I agree with roxthefox and _angel_

Spamming is rather annoying and there should be some sort of control over it, but I think there are larger issues than the amount of characters in a post. As roxthefox said, any healthy discussion is trashed in an instant when debate occurs. So imposing this new rule would mean that one would still have to be "positive" and ultimately agreeing but still type 150 characters which mave more or less been said....

I wont repeat what the 2 have already said, but this issue is also one that i think should be mentioned.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

vijayMrsNealCaffreypksanamroxthefoxRiyaK09incandescenceOzymandiasx.sonia.x.AngelHowlarious

Go to top