Rules & Announcements

IMPORTANT: Few important changes to fight Spam (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 21

hello.

IF-Rockerz

hello.

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:00am | IP Logged
I just hope that the amount of attention given to a post on this thread doesnt depend on how much the DEV team is praised. This is exactly what I meant about the whole if you disagree, you're wrong...Must I have to agree with everything the DEV team says in order to be "right"?
Though I do suppose flattery is the only way to accomplish anything, opinions lack much value if there isnt the element of sucking up.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishan.pksanamDarkHellBlazeroxthefoxgujunpyoincandescence-KingAragorn-x.sonia.x.JustaDreamiTangled_25.AngelWrackspurtHowlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "IMPORTANT: Few important changes to fight Spam (Page 10)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

dreamer_dreams

IF-Rockerz

dreamer_dreams

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:03am | IP Logged
srry but i dont like this idea very much
no offence
not every one is a great speaker
a single emotion or just one word some times says it all
ok lets take games for an eg. we have 2 write just one work
we cant describe things when we r playing games
i agree u r trying to encourage discussion but then many members might just stop answering because of lack of their content on a particular topic.
maybe i can write 2pgs about something and for some other topic i have just a few words. that would mean i cant participate in that discussion.
maybe u can make that a rule that we dont get a +1 in posts which are less than 150 characters but we should be allowed to post without being called spammers.

deeksha

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

hello.pksanamroxthefox-KingAragorn-DarkHellBlazeWrackspurtHowlarious

iTangled_25

IF-Stunnerz

iTangled_25

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by moonlit.gold

I just hope that the amount of attention given to a post on this thread doesnt depend on how much the DEV team is praised. This is exactly what I meant about the whole if you disagree, you're wrong...Must I have to agree with everything the DEV team says in order to be "right"?
Though I do suppose flattery is the only way to accomplish anything, opinions lack much value if there isnt the element of sucking up.

I couldnt agree with u better...!!!

now what m i to type..thats all i had to say to the quoteOuchOuch

ok so...Loads of Love

Steff....!!!!

errr...now? i hope its 150?ConfusedConfused

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pksanamhello.rapi_c-KingAragorn-.anjz.Wrackspurt

rapi_c

IF-Rockerz

rapi_c

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:12am | IP Logged
i like d idea of having a min character count for each post to stop spamming.. but 150 is way too high a figure.. some ppl r laconic who like to and can speak out their mind in fewer words.. there should be consideration for them, they may be unnecessarily forced to use more words than needed.. 50 could be a better figure..

besides this rule is not much suitable for CCs, they would require an exemption.. some ppl have given idea of spammer-watch which may work quite nicely imo..

pksanamhello.-KingAragorn-x.sonia.x.JustaDreamiTangled_25Wrackspurt

.anjz.

IF-Sizzlerz

.anjz.

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:15am | IP Logged
please reply.. if this is necessary in the chat clubs too????

i dont think soo..!!!

its chatting... we can chat with jus one word(sumtyms...)....

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-KingAragorn-.JustaDreamiTangled_25Wrackspurt

-KingAragorn-

IF-Sizzlerz

-KingAragorn-

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rapi_c

i like d idea of having a min character count for each post to stop spamming.. but 150 is way too high a figure.. some ppl r laconic who like to and can speak out their mind in fewer words.. there should be consideration for them, they may be unnecessarily forced to use more words than needed.. 50 could be a better figure..

besides this rule is not much suitable for CCs, they would require an exemption.. some ppl have given idea of spammer-watch which may work quite nicely imo..

Brilliant!!!! Clap  I almost used that word in blue, then I didn't...  Embarrassed 
.......................................................................................................................................

dreamer_dreamspksanamhello.rapi_c.anjz.iTangled_25Wrackspurt

mandarchod

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 8:27am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

iTangled_25

IF-Stunnerz

iTangled_25

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 9:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zainab25

My two cents:

Overall this forum may very well be shut down because frankly there's no use of it. Last time I checked the meaning of "discussion" in Oxford's dictionary, it stated "Identify issues and provide points for and/or against."
ROFL 

IF may very well be unaware of the meaning or at least the kings and queens are fo sho!   

Let me suggest you a few tips before this place is fully deserted by the intellectual minds and is only left with ROFL'ers, LOL'ers, and MWAAAH'ers.

First I believe that if your intention is to have this forum carry scholarly discussions, be it positive or negative, then eliminate your biased moderators. It's not my fault that I am not best friends with them or text them on their cell phones 'xoxo' 24/7. I have a life you see.  I visit this place that has little or no sanity left to catch reviews, participate in discussions, or watch videos; not to find my future spouse.

Secondly, make the DEV team comprehend that a topic cannot be shut down because it highlights negative features of a character or episode. If you go back to the definition of discussion, then you will be able to view that discussion and debate value both the positive and negative features. Another aspect that I find absolutely comical is that many moderators have apparently perhaps forgotten that a show consists of fictional characters and not non fictional characters. Heheh. Once they comprehend that vital fact, then issues will begin to resolve automatically.

Thirdly, spamming should be your last concern. Since when did having 150 characters to a post qualify it to be scholarly? I tell you spammers are wise and they will end up adding only 3 other LOL's and ROFL's to meet the requirement.

Fourthly, you may very well hunt down all of the stalkers on IF that have indeed made this place 'haraam.' There may very well be a feature that exists on this place which can let members know how many anuties and Hannah Montana fans lurve them.  Actually I believe that if you tackle this conflict down, it will end up providing you better results than tackling the spammers down.

Lastly, freedom of expression is deprived from this website and some intellectual minds wouldn't mind at all if it's brought back.

I have sighted quite a few moderators who indeed attempt to resolve issues on IF and make it a memorable experience but the rest of the dim witted aunties, Hannah Montana lowers, and moderators who tend to believe they are God make this place suffocating.

Thanks!

I hope I didn't 'hurted' anyone's feelings now.

Is there any other word..if u find one please temme...i mean i think PERFECT would b an understatement here now!!!!

Hats Off Zainab..!!!Thumbs Up

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

hello.dreamer_dreamspksanamKhaleesiroxthefox-KingAragorn-incandescenceWrackspurtunknowndesires.Howlarious

Post Reply New Post

Go to top