Debate Mansion

Moon landing:How do you feel about it ??

WillSmith456 thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Moon landing:How do you feel about it ??😉😉😉

It is 40 years since the American astronauts of Apollo 11 became the first men to land on the Moon. What are your memories of the event?😛

On 20 July, 1969, Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin touched down in their Eagle landing craft in the Sea of Tranquility on the Moon's surface.😊😊
Armstrong became the first man to walk on the Moon, famously declaring: "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."
BBC Two's Newsnight programme will be interviewing Buzz Aldrin on 2nd July.
An estimated 500 million people watched the moon landing live on television, the largest audience for a live broadcast at the time.😊😊😊
What are your recollections of the maiden manned Moon landing? Where did you watch it? How important an event was it for you in your lifetime? How much of an impact did it have on you? Do you have any pictures of you and your family or friends watching the landing?😳😃😳

Edited by centurions89 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: centurions89

What are your recollections of the maiden manned Moon landing?Where did you watch it?  How important an event was it for you in your lifetime? How much of an impact did it have on you? Sorry ...when it happend!!ye sub kab hua!!

Do you have any pictures of you and your family or friends watching the landing?😳😃😳
I have MJ's Moonwalk pic ,Vdo

CONGRATZ MOON FOR BEING LANDED ON BY US 40 YEARS AGO!

SONGS FOR THE MOON:

Maine poocha chand se

Chand mera dil

Chand Taare

lol
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Jesus! I'm not that ancient. I'm not a conspiracy theorist and am not into the 'never happened' theory. However, since I did not personally see it happen - I'll hold my horses till the do it again.
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It was all a lie, an elaborate conspiracy. The only true Moon landing ever was the European expedition in the early 1950s. And I have solid proof. See for yourself:

Edited by Kal El - 14 years ago
I was WAITING for someone to do this: 😆😆

Originally posted by: Kal El

It was all a lie, an elaborate conspiracy. The only true Moon landing ever was the European expedition in the early 1950s. And I have solid proof. See for yourself:

Originally posted by: Kal El

Is it only me...Can't see anything there?
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Is it only me...Can't see anything there?

😆 hey its just a pix of Tintin comic The explorers on the Moon !
arayq2 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: centurions89

What are your recollections of the maiden manned Moon landing? Where did you watch it?

If I remember correctly, the landing was not shown in India because it all happened outside the regular broadcast hours of Doordarshan, which was the only TV channel at the time.  The landing was at 01:47 IST (it was already Monday July 21st in India), and the stepping onto the surface of the moon was about six hours later.

I was in boarding school at the time, and a member of the school's radio club.  We used the open piping of the showers enclosure in the dorm bathroom as a grid to set up a large antenna, and managed to pick up the VOA broadcast of the landing on shortwave. ("Houston, Tranquility Base here.  The eagle has landed.")  It was in the dead of night and we were breaking all sorts of rules.  Somebody snitched on us and we caught hell for it.

Edited by arayq2 - 14 years ago
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Cudnt witness the moon landing but waiting eagerly for the mars landing