•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago

OMG!!!!

Akshay-Kareena KAMBAKKHT ISHQ Sold Out!!
[30 Jun 2009] Heard this?? Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor starrer mega-budget film Kambakkht Ishq, due for a world wide theatrical release on July 3, is already a sold out.

The advance booking for the sleek flick opened on Sunday, but within an hour the entire block for the weekend was full and patrons could be seen disappointedly walking around the multiplexes, which are going to screen the movie from this Friday. Sajid Nadiadwala, who has produced the flick, is elated at the public response towards his sleek flick. The ace filmmaker was especially impressed with the serpentine queues outside multiplexes' ticket windows, as that reminded him of the good times reminiscent of 1980s and 1990s, when cine buffs would come to the theatres for Amitabh Bachchan's flicks in  large numbers.

Sources say that Producer Sajid Nadiadwala is fully geared to take advantage of this euphoria amongst the viewers and is preparing to release the film on 2030 screens the world over on July 3. What it means that 'Kambakkht Ishq' will be releasing in about twenty percent more theatres than Aamir Khan's super duper hit flick 'Ghajini.'

All that translate to that if 'Kambakkht Ishq' collects at one theatre a paltry sum of Rs 5 lakhs, it comes out to crossing Rs 100 crore in the first week of the release itself, which is far more than any other bollywood pot boiler can even dream of. Sajid Nadiadwala fully understands the economics of releasing movies and is expected to take full advantage of the whole thing.

The industry watchers attribute the sold out status of 'Kambakkht Ishq' to its excellent promotion and big star cast. For instance, Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor are big entertainers in their own rights and can attract viewers. Add to it the hype created around ten kisses of Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor in the film.

Then add to it Kareena's sizzling hot figure in bikini flashing all over the television screen and you have full masala to attract the hoi polloi. It may be recalled that Kareena Kapoor's earlier film 'Tashan' had failed to make any impression at the box office, but Kareena's size zero figure in the film created waves and became a craze with the girls.

Another factor which helped 'Kambakkht Ishq' in becoming a sold out proposition even before its release, is the presence of former Bond girl Hollywood's hot star Denise Richards. The beautiful star does not only have a kissing scene with Akshay Kumar but also praised the kissing technique of the handsome hunk. Then there are Hollywood hunks Sylvester Stallone and Brandon Routh too doing cameo in the film.

Another and perhaps more accurate theory doing the rounds in the industry is that the viewers are hungry after six week of strike by multiplexes and producers. During this period they could not see any good masala entertainer and so lapped up the offer from Sajid Nadiadwala's stable.

In any case, Sajid Nadiadwala has an impeccable record in offering good entertainers( recall his earlier movies like Sunny Deol's 'Jeet', Salman Khan's 'Judwaa', and 'Mujhse Shadi Karogi', Akshay Kumar's 'Heyy Babyy' etc, which were all good entertainers) to the masses and this factor, too, should have worked in favor of 'Kambakkht Ishq'.

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/200906304380/stardust/scoop-of-the-day/akshay-kareena-kambakkht-ishq-sold-out.html

😲 So this is what Srk fans must feel liek. I dont think kareena fans have ever had this kinda hype before her movie!
hahahahhaha i loved that comment....so this is wat srk fans must feel like....LOLLLLLL...  
wowww...sold out a week before it even released....thats commendable!!

thank god the crowds in toronto arent that fast....we can styl get our tickets even for wenzday and thursday....LOLL
cOol...good news...looks lyk another hit movie in bollywood 😊

LOL! For real, I mean kareena's most memorable performance was JWM...a movie which gained recognition slowly through word of mouth.

Tashan was a disaster...ouch. Still hurts man. Saifeena were in that movie. Its a sour subject, lol.

GR got a HUGE opening, but still, advance bookigns werent thsi impressive!

But this is like...weird!
I mean where in teh world did these crowds come from? And how come they wernet in kareena's previous movies?
I would have to credit some of Golmaal Returns success to bebo, but I wasnt sure if it was her that pulled in most of the crowds. But now that I recall, even with Golmaal Returns, ti was kareena that was promoted in all the posters and promos. She was put in the center, she was in tu saala, meow, all the songs, etc. And it worked.
And akki's last two movies didnt do that well, but coupled with kareena's star power, akki and bebo are a very powerful couple now that I think about it!
awesome so have you got your tickets yaar?

Naz doesnt give out advance tickets =(