Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chirmiya thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
this is an awsome FF...cant wait for the rest...
sosweetsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
lovely yaar
i simply loved this story
everything was so natural
such sweet speed of progression also jai and bani's friendship was wonderful
do continue dear
bye sumi
Indian_Goddess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hey guys, finally back from my vacation. And here is the update. Hope you all like it. πŸ˜ƒ

Chapter 4:

Summer 2000

Six months into his stay at London, Jai finished his MBA and joined his father's business. He took in charge of the company with Aparajit Deb as an advisor, one of his father's most trusted employees, and settled well into the new environment during the rest of that year. But it would never beat his life back at home in India. Time to time he would relive his old memories and sigh at the state he was in; living in a foreign country thousands of miles away from home. Like he promised, he continued to keep in touch with the Dixits. He phoned and emailed them regularly, catching them up with the events of his life as they did with him.

It was midway in July when he received good news in the mail'. His younger sister, Jigyasa, was going to get married to his childhood friend, Aditya Bali. He was happy' happy for his best friend and sister, but happy as well as this would prove to be a good excuse to come back home'

Jai found himself breaking this news to Bani first' He remembered emailing her right away, telling her that he would be coming back to India, and that he couldn't wait to see her and everyone again. It was some time later when he finally told Daksh himself. He quickly booked tickets for a two day stay, as this was as much as he could afford being kept away from work. But he was excited nonetheless'

Jai arrived in Mumbai on the day of his sister's sangeet and received a rather warm welcoming from his family. He settled back into his home and some time later decided to drop by his old friend's house as he was in India for only a limited time. Once he knocked on the door, he expected for Bani to open it as usual, but was surprised to see Daksh opening it for him instead.

Daksh: God, it's so great to see you again dost' Come in.

He exclaimed after welcoming him back and leading him into his home. They met Annie in the living room who earnestly greeted Jai with a friendly hug. They sat and caught up with one another for a few minutes  in an excited chatter when Jai finally spoke what was on his mind since the moment he stepped into their house'.

Jai: Where's Bani? ' I don't see her anywhere.

Daksh: Pari isn't here right now, Jai' She's been gone for almost a week now.

Annie: She went onto one of her university trips to Goa.

Jai slowly digested this information, finding it a little startling as he remembered Bani as the same old girl who rarely went out anywhere.

Jai: Really?

Daksh: (catching onto his disbelief) Yes, really. I know what you are thinking and we were a little surprised before too. She hardly goes anywhere.

Annie: She didn't want to go at first but after Rano persuaded her, she changed her mind.

Jai: Rano? ' Who's Rano?

Daksh: Rano is one of Bani's friends and classmate.

Annie: Those girls are inseparable now. They never go anywhere without each other'.

Jai: (confused) How come I've never heard of her before?

Daksh: Bani's never mentioned her to you?

Jai shook his head in a "no". He turned to look over to Annie who began to speak.

Annie: Well Bani actually met her a few months after you left to London. Rano moved here from Mount Abu and before we knew it those girls become into the best of friends.

Jai didn't know why, but he felt a little irritated on hearing this. He had never heard about Rano nor remembered her from any of his conversations with Bani, whereas he always told her everything. In a way, he was feeling threatened by this Rano' a girl whom he had never met and managed to take his place in Bani's life while he was away.

Jai: (expressionlessly) Oh'. That's great for her then'. She's becoming more open now' That's good news.

Daksh: Yes, it is.

Jai: '. Will she not be here then for the wedding? 'I was hoping to see her before I leave again.

Annie: No, she will be here. She'll arrive tomorrow morning and attend the wedding.

Daksh: Besides, Jigyasa would kill her if she missed out on her important day'.

An hour later of chatting, Jai left back home with disappointment. He was eagerly hoping to see Bani again only to see that she wasn't there. He would have to wait till the next day'.

Jai was woken up the next morning by the loud ruckus occurring below his room on the ground floor of the house. He changed and quickly got ready for the day to help out in any way for the event of the evening. After a few hours or so, he was ordered to get ready by his mausi and dressed handsomely in a designer black suit with a silk black dress shirt underneath with a couple of buttons undone. He was changed just in time to see guests swarmed all over the front hall of the Mansion as he walked down the set of stairs. Later, he spotted his best friend and his wife entering in through the front doors with an elegantly wrapped present, both respectfully dashing in their own attires. He made a movement to greet them but was held back once his Mausi caught a hold of his arm and bombarded him with tasks to complete.

It was only after the bharat arrived that Jai was able to locate Daksh again, who like him, stepped forward to join their best friend, the groom. They chatted and teased with Aditya, who grinned like a monkey and blushed throughout. It was when he thought he saw her that Jai's strong urge to tease his friend mercilessly faded'..

His attention was captured as his eyes caught a glimpse of a young girl's backside, her skinny frame draped in a lovely yellow saree, and long silky hair resting against her back. He didn't know why, but something inside of him had leapt on the sight. He, though, judged that it perhaps had to do with the fact that it had been over a year since he had seen her. That was all, nothing more'.

Jai excused himself and left his two friends behind by walking forward to his intended destination. He watched her closely as she silently listened to her friend, who stood before her, socialize with her. Quietly, without any words, he placed both of his hands onto her shoulders and carefully turned her around to face him. The grin on his face that played on his lips just moments before disappeared as he stared into the girl's face'. not his girl'. not his Bani'. He let his hands loosen from his grip on her shoulders and was just about to apologize until he was cut off by the excited girl's voice, who unfortunately he knew.

"Oh Jai, I'm so glad to see you!" she screamed out of delight as her long, slender arms made their way around his neck to pull him into a hug. He awkwardly allowed her to do so and uncomfortably drew back immediately, not allowing her the pleasure to take in the embrace.

Jai: Err.. Hi, Pia'. How are you?

He unwillingly asked her out of politeness. Pia Chopra, nineteen, is his best friend, Aditya's second cousin whom he always had the bad luck of bumping into every possible chance. The girl clearly was enchanted by him for ages, ever since he knew Aditya. And she would do just about anything to be near him'.

Pia: Oh I'm the same old'But what's with you? How are you doing? And how is London?

She asked with so much enthusiasm that Jai swore if he were to go deaf, he would sue. He was alarmed by her sudden flirtatious touch on his arm and chest. As well as doing anything to be near him, she made it a must to touch him at all times. He looked back at her and gave her a slight, stiff smile while gently shaking off her hand from him.

Jai: I'm the same old too'. Nothing new.

Pia: (disbelief) Oh come on now Jai, you live in London for God's sake! How can nothing be new? You must have something to tell!

While Pia rambled on for some time of nothing in particular, Jai cursed her for having tricked him in this way. Pia, who always adorned her hair short, suddenly had the wish to grow it out in the beginning of Winter'stating that the time for long hair had triumphed. Again disappointed, he felt a numbing sensation build inside of him. When would he see Bani?

To this day Jai is still unable to figure out how he managed to get away from Pia, who literally always drew her claws onto him'refusing to ever let him go. But he had'. He managed to escape. He gave a sigh of relief, relishing on the state of being free until he unwarily bumped into someone in front of him.

"You handsome devil, are you intentionally out to get me?" he recognized a familiar voice question him. He grinned ear to ear as he met Annie's eyes'. perhaps she would know where Bani was.

Jai: Of course' I can't resist a moment not to harass such a beautiful woman ' (meeting her playful tone)

Annie: You watch it mister, I am married.

Jai: Is that supposed to mean something?

Annie: Yes, it means that my husband will kick your sorry a**'. (smirking)

Jai: It's alright, I think I can handle him. I will just point out that Malika Arora is married and that will have him in a fit of tears.

Jai joined in on her laughter at her husband's expense.

Annie: Everything looks so great Jai'the decorations are marvelous.

Jai: It was all Jigyasa'no one else did anything really. She was really picky in wanting the wedding to be absolutely perfect.

Annie: Well it's coming along really nicely now'There are so many people'I've actually gotten lost twice now.

Jai: (hesitantly, casually) '. Speaking of people'. Where is Bani? I still haven't seen her yet. I've been looking around for her.

His spirits lowered as he saw an apologetic look form on his friend's face, seeming genuinely sorry about something. He took a guess of what that something was'.

Jai: (incredulous) She's not here '.. She's not here for my sister's wedding?

Annie: She was supposed to be returning this morning but the bus was delayed for weather reasons. There happens to be a storm occurring'' So instead '. She'll be coming tomorrow.

Jai: Tomorrow? 'But I'm leaving tomorrow'.

Annie: I know Jai, and I also know how much you've been wanting to see her'and believe me, she's been wanting to see you too. ' but the bus'

Jai: Annie, I may not see her for years from now'I don't know when I'll even have time to come back to India in the near future'

Annie: Jai, she most definitely will be here tomorrow morning! And your flight doesn't even leave until early afternoon! (trying to cheer him) You'll still be able to see her'

Jai calmed down from his stand and took this to consideration. He shouldn't have over reacted; he would still be able to see Bani before he left. But why was it that he felt so''restless?

Jai: (indifferently) I guess'.

Annie: Oh cheer up, you'll see her tomorrow bright and early. What a great way to start off your day, huh?

He slowly shared her teasing grin and forced himself to not revolve around the thoughts of Bani. For the rest of the evening he enjoyed the company of his friends and satisfyingly witnessed the marriage of his sister and best friend, binding them together as life companions'

The next morning he rose bright and early to settle a few things before his twelve o'clock flight back to London. He made plans to drop by Daksh's house afterwards, his last chance of seeing Bani before he left with no news of a return for a long while.

Daksh: I'm sure she'll be here any minute'.

His best friend commented as Jai paced back and forth in the living room. Jai turned to look at his two friends who stared back at him with a level of apology and sympathy.

Jai: You said that two hours ago'. Where is she now?

Annie: We don't know Jai'Rano called earlier and said that she would be back around nine.

Jai scowled and returned back to his pacing. He couldn't believe that this was happening to him. He had written to her in advance, telling her of his visit, and she wasn't here. He had missed her over the past year'remembering their outings and time together. She had become into someone very important in his life. Not just as one of his best friends, but also in a way'. another sister whom he grew to be overprotective about and care very much for. He was looking forward to seeing her only to receive disappointment.

Ten minutes flew by into his fevered pacing until he caught a glimpse of the time from his watch and cursed to himself.

Jai: My flight is at twelve and it's already eleven'.

He announced to them and met their gaze. For a long moment none of them spoke, all of them thinking the same thing'' that the time had come for Jai's return to London. Disappointment and misery filled inside of him, Jai tightened his hold onto his keys and without any words, hinted his need to leave.

Daksh: I'm sorry, dost'. She was supposed to be here.

Annie: Jai, is it possible for you to reschedule your flight? Do you really have to go now? (hopeful)

Jai: No, Annie' I can't. I need to get back to work'. I could only afford little time to come visit'. There are things I need to take care of back in London.

Again they all grew silent. He let out a sigh and looked at them. He managed to give them a small smile.

Jai: I should go' It was great seeing you guys again'.

Daksh: Come visit whenever you can'. We all really missed you.

Jai: I'll try'.

And in the next minute Jai seated himself into his car and stilled for a short moment before he inserted his key and started the engine. Throughout his drive to the airport, he wondered when he would be able to come back home again'.

When Jai retired to his study that night, he checked his email and scrolled through the mail he had only to find one in particular to his interest. He clicked on it and read it after it appeared onto the screen'.

Dear Jai,

Mujhe maloom hai ke tum baut gusse mein ho'. Aur main yeh bhi jaanti hoon ke yeh gussa mere wajah se hai'. Main dher se aaye hoon, na'. Mujshe gaalti hua baba' Maaf kardo? Loh'  main kaahn paakarke maafi maangti hoon'. Sorry' forgive me'. Mere trip kuch zyaada time laagya'.  Bus ko flat tire hua'. It was very inconvenient... because it stopped me from seeing you. ' Bhabhi told me that you left a minute right before I got home' If only I had reached sooner, I would have been able to see you again'. I am sorry that we weren't able to meet' especially since I don't know when you will ever come to visit again' It makes me sad and angry to think that I missed my only chance of seeing you again. I've missed you and was looking forward to you coming. I was coming for the wedding and was hoping to see you there'paar' tum to jaante ho ke kya hua'. Kher' hosakta ke tum mujhe maaf kardonge' tum to jaante ho ke main jaanbujker aisa nahi kiya' I have been waiting to see you '. Hopefully you will be able to come visit again soon'and I promise, if you do, I won't go and leave anywhere. I will wait for you. Take care and enjoy London. Don't work yourself like a dog like you always do. 'I have my sources. ;)

Bani

Jai smiled after reading her email and felt the feeling of homesickness grow in him. He hit the reply button and wrote back'.

Main tumhe maaf karta hoon sirf isliye kyon ki main jaanta hoon ke jab main wapas lotunga'tumhe baut ghaari maafi mangana parega' aur asaan bhi nahi hoga' You will have to make it up to me' aur waise bhi'I blame all of this on that friend of yours, Rano. Baut buri influence hai woh tumpar. Your bhaiya and bhabhi can praise her as much as they want, but I know the truth'that girl is the devil. Goa jaanliye kya zaroort thi? Couldn't she had found something else for you two do in Mumbai? And how could you never mentioned her to me? Daksh and Annie say you two are best friends now.

And what's this about sources? What sources? 'It's Pushkar, isn't it? I don't want you two talking behind my back. It's bad enough that I introduced you two'but now this is just getting ridiculous. That boy must be doing jasoosi for you, isn't he? I don't work like a dog. Don't listen to him. He only thinks I work like one because he barely works at all. All the idiot does is stand by the water cooler and flirt with all the women in the office. Ek number ka duffer hai woh. Aur tum mere baare mein chinta maat khar' I take care of myself. You don't need to worry.

Jai

p.s. Jigyasa is going to kill you for missing her wedding.

The next time he checked his email, he received'.

Somebody sounds jealous of Rano. She may be very close to me, but you will always mean much more. And it's not just Pushkar, it's Deb uncle too. So I actually do have a reliable source. =P

Bani

p.s. I know'..

He grinned and quickly wrote back to her. After sending his reply, he looked over to his phone and dialed a number. A few seconds later after hearing the person on the other line speak, he warned'.

Jai: You dog, what jasoosi are you doing for Bani?

Fall 2005

Five years had passed since Jai's last visit to India and during that point, he made the time useful for himself. He worked efficiently as the head of the company (or how Bani put it "as a dog"), bringing it to the heights of success, and earning himself name and recognition for his work. His father was proud and boasted about the success he accomplished. Uday's happiness was enough to make Jai feel satisfied with himself. But despite the six years he lived in London, it still didn't feel like home to him. To him he always viewed it as a foreign country, not his own. His home, his family, and his friends were all in India. And due to that reason, he confronted his father about a transfer. London was the place his father sent him to grow and learn, but he had done that. Jai was ready to come home.

He showed his boarding pass to the woman at the gate and politely returned the smile she flashed at him. "Enjoy the flight," she had wished him and he carried on through the steel door. He found his seat in first class and sat down after placing his travel bag in the compartment above. He made himself comfortable after taking out his laptop and having placed it on the extendable tabletop near him. A minute later a message box appeared on the screen and he smiled on seeing who it was from'

Pari_Rani: Hello mister, I thought you would be on the plane by now'.

She obviously knew all the details of his flight. His smile widened as he typed back'.

JWalia_101: I am' Koi shaaq?

Pari_Rani: Hain' I thought they do not allow you to use electronic devices while in the air'

JWalia_101: Well at present we are still on land'.

JWalia_101: The plane hasn't moved an inch yet. There are people still being boarded.

Pari_Rani: Ah'

JWalia_101: Waise, what are you doing on?

Pari_Rani: Kyon? I have other friends who I talk to'

Pari_Rani: You are not the only one.

JWalia_101: I highly doubt that'

JWalia_101: Who would want to be your friend?

Pari_Rani: You are so mean. I don't even know why I talk to you. Let alone, why I am friends with you.

JWalia_101: You had no choice, darling, because you had no one else. Anyways, who is coming to retrieve me from the airport? 

Pari_Rani: No one, why? Were you expecting someone? 

JWalia_101: You don't make very funny jokes, Bani.

Pari_Rani: Bhaiya, Bhabhi, Aditya Jiju, and Jigyasa Di are all going.

JWalia_101: And you?

Pari_Rani: Why would I tag along to greet a monkey? I am fine in staying home.

JWalia_101: Cut this monkey some slack. He has been gone for six years. Come yaar. It won't feel right without you.

Pari_Rani: You know I would love to and I even want to....

Pari_Rani: But I'm not home right now.

JWalia_101: Then where are you?

Pari_Rani: You won't be mad if I told you, would you?

JWalia_101: Why?

Pari_Rani: Because I am in Goa.

JWalia_101: Again? Rano put you up to this, didn't she? What is with that girl and taking you everywhere? You two already went to Goa, what is the need in going again?

Pari_Rani: Jai, it is our last year. Samjha karo'

JWalia_101: No, I don't want to understand. I am coming after so long and you are out somewhere else? This isn't fair, Bani.

Pari_Rani: Well how was I supposed to know you were coming, you Budu. You only told me yesterday. By then I was already in Goa.

JWalia_101: What happened in waiting for me?

Pari_Rani: I am waiting. Just in Goa. ;)

JWalia_101: Fine. Have fun in Goa with your stupid little Rano.

Pari_Rani: You are always so jealous of that girl.

JWalia_101: Why would I be jealous of that four-eyed bookworm?

JWalia_101: Anyways, I have to go. One of the flight attendants is staring me down like a hawk.

Pari_Rani: Why is that?

JWalia_101: He told me to turn off my laptop four times already. And the pilot just announced that we need to buckle up. Besides, I don't think I want to waste any more of my time talking to you. 

Pari_Rani: Aww, I can't wait to see you too. Have a nice trip and cheer up because I will be back in five days.

JWalia_101: (sarcastically) Can't wait.

JWalia_101: Bye.

He turned off his laptop and looked up only to meet the flight attendant's disapproving eyes, the same attendant from before who wouldn't stop glaring at him.

Jai: You're a good looking guy, but I'm sorry to say, I'm neither interested or go that way. (states gravely)

To his satisfaction, the employed man turned a color of bright red and instantly became embarrassed as a passing woman flight attendant overheard this and gawked at the man in sheer surprise.

"Really Robert, I had no idea'," she murmured to him in her England accent. The flight attendant, Robert, shook his head to deny Jai's statement and threw him an angry glance before storming off. That had been the highlight for the rest of his flight'

The moment he stepped out from the plane and passed through the opening gate door, Jai instantly felt at home. The people, the language, and even the smell all made him feel at ease and welcomed. This was his country and home, where he belonged. He gripped onto his traveling bag and proceeded on over to his way after retrieving his other luggage.

He stopped in his tracks as he spotted a small crowd of familiar faces. A grin had made its way onto his face as he recognized all of them, despite how much they had changed over the years. His sister, Jigyasa, with her husband, Aditya, and Daksh along with his wife, Annie, all gathered around behind the line belt and his grin only grew on reading the sign Annie held in her hands. Welcome back home Jai'. Finally.

Jai was welcomed warmly in hugs, kisses, and remarks about how he looked. Some said he got thinner, fitter, darker, lighter, handsomer, taller, or'just exactly the same. They all had their own share of opinions that he took no personal interest into.

Daksh: Five years man'. And you look great. Not doing so bad for an old man, I must say.

Jai: (grimaces) Daksh, I'm hardly as old as you are making me seem.

Jigyasa: Well according to mausi, bhaiya, thirty-one is actually seventy.

Aditya: Which is why she is arranging rishtas for you as we speak.

They all shared a laugh at his expense whereas Jai continued to remain grim. They all immerse Jai into light conversation, catching him up with things at home and asking him about London.

Annie: Jai, I am surprised you haven't asked about Bani yet. (mockingly questions)

Jai: Why would I ask about her?

Annie: That is all you ever asked during your last visit.

Jai: Well I know she is in Goa this time'

Daksh: Goa? (raises a brow) Pari told you she went to Goa?

Jai: Yes' Why?.... Isn't she? (confused)

Daksh: (looking thoughtful) If she is in Goa, then who is this standing right behind me?

To his surprise, Daksh stepped aside'revealing a lurking figure hiding behind him. He wasn't able to recognize her at first glance. She had transformed a lot from what she used to be. He had carried the same old image of her in him for the last six years. ' Those honey doe like eyes' long silky hair' skinny frame'. fair skin'.and shy smile. Instead what he saw before him was a woman with tanned glowing skin, a slender frame with visible feminine curves, layered tresses that reached just below her shoulder blades, brighter brown eyes, yet the same old unchangeable smile'.

He spoke with disbelief after a few passing moments'.

Jai: Bani?

She excitedly nodded her head and he watched a pool of happy tears reach her beautiful eyes. He softly chuckled from the off-guard surprise before quickly taking her into his arms and lifting her off from the ground. She hugged him back with equal enthusiasm and broadly smiled up at him as he placed her back onto her feet from his bear hug.

Jai: So you decided to tag along and greet the monkey after all, huh?

Bani giggled her silent laugh and nodded once again. She pointed to herself, then took a hold of his nose, wriggled it fondly, and then pointed to him. Smiling and without another exchange of words, Jai took her back into his arms and savored the feel of having her with him once again'.

Please leave comments. 😊

Edited by Indian_Goddess - 13 years ago
Hkaurk22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
:-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 

ok.. what?  jw thinks of her like a sister?!!?!?!? ewwwwwwwww tell me that cant be! i thought he cared for her more than that hence all the jealousy.. i loved when he saw her and took her into his armss.. its like they were meant for each other.. Dil please dont let him view her as a sister.. thats .. eww... i just dont see it.. I hope they  were secretly in love with each other this whole time waiting.. me no like Pia.. shes stupid... if I IMed JWalia_101  will he talk to me too? 
Edited by Hkaurk22 - 14 years ago
chemistry101 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
WOW!!!
Very nice update as usual.
Waiting for more.

suwas thumbnail

Good to see you back

Edited by suwas - 14 years ago
cupid thumbnail

Great update, it was worth the wait. Hope you had a nice holiday.

Will Bani regain her speech, in order for her and Jai to converse with each other.

Please continue soon, thank you.
sosweetsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
lovely one
so finally jai is back
jai is so naughty that flight attendant reply made me burst out
and JB sweet relation
woow when is he gonna realize he love her yaar
do continue dear
bye sumi
ducky_euro thumbnail
wow very nice part!
but, what? jai sees bani as his sis??? thats not good...... please change that :-S   ow and i really dont like this pia.
cont soon

SA
jeenal20 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
wohoooo
so bani made jai fool
well doe bani
and now i want to see jais and banis relaton grow with love

that was really a gr88 part
it was gr88 to see
jai missing bani soo much