Now that I am broken and shattered

I realize

You are the one to whom I always belonged'

I turn to you, in a hope of finding some love

A sense of belonging that was never there with me

Being with you is most peaceful

It is nothing but bliss

You are the one to whom I always belonged'

With a sweating brow and a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach, she mustered up the courage to go up to the stage and give a brief introduction about herself. Hundreds of pair of eyes lay upon her, watching her every move as she nervously went up.

"Why are behaving like a wreck? You are pretty good at such things'" she tried to calm herself. Dressed in a simple halter neck top with body hugging jeans and boots that reached just below her knees, she looked simple yet ravishing and she was sure to be a centre of attraction.

Stanford University was the one she chose for her higher education. Her parents had put forth an option for Cambridge University as well but she chose States as the place for her education. Why? Her fantasy! The United Kingdom didn't seem to be as cool as the States. And her parents had to give in to her demands; after all, an option of getting into these colleges doesn't come easy.

"Umm' ok. How do I start?" She looked ahead of her scanning the faces to find someone familiar or even if not that may an Indian. "My name is Ridhima Gupta. I hail from India, specifically Delhi. I am here for my bachelor's degree. I am a playful soul, like to hang around with my friends, my hobbies are reading books i.e. I am a bookworm. You give me any book to read, provided it is a good one and that I finish in two days. I am outspoken at times but brutally honest about my feelings. I like to make people laugh. I am very optimistic about life. I believe everyone's here for a reason and before we accomplish that, we cannot go to heaven, or even hell for that matter! I am very sensitive and I fall easily for boys!" A roar went through the card as she said this. Smiling she continued. "I cannot survive without my family and friends and I always form a bond with people around me'" She finished with her introduction with an unsure mile looking at the faces before her. Not finding anything else to say, she finished saying, "I hope you like me' and umm' Thank you!" With this she walked off the stage and Catherine, President of the Students council carried on with the introductions of the freshers.

"I hope she plays along with me and I am sure she will fall for me as well!" He scanned her from top to bottom and blew out a low whistle, inaudible to everyone. "Sexy!" He muttered under his breath as she past by nervously.

"You are not doing that again, are you?" Alex turned to him and asked as he had figured out his intentions by then.

"She is an easy catch buddy and what's the harm in playing around with her for a while? Let that nave chick have a taste of States now that she is here."

"It's no use making you understand something." They high fived each other.

Hey Everyone!

Some of you know me and most of you don't. My name is Swati (Swatzz as a nickname) and I am here once again with my second try at an FF- 'Back to Basics'. I know I should be updating the previous one but this idea has been around for a while and if I hadn't put this up before you, I wonder whether even that one would have been continued or not. I will update both the FFs alternatively from now on, provided this gets a good response which I really hope for.

Please tell me how you find the introduction, bad or good.

I am looking forward to this really and I hope I am not let down.

This is the link for my first FF: The Sense of Infinite Spring. It's an AR story as well.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1153520

And this goes out specially for Swancy! Hug Love you sweety!

Index...

Introduction: Page 1

Part 1: Page 8

Part 2: Page 17

Part 3: Page 27

Part 4: Page 35

Enjoy Reading! Big smile

Edited by Enigma_Swati - 12 April 2010 at 4:18am

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

sweeetdishamadhsarar_loveneverfadAyesha_tStupidcupid1234smriti.tweetymkp1995prety_cool93Amina90archieliciousCaramel_21-Aria-vidu87cutie_mahimaprernawaghraysmartleo_walo-Nina-janu1610k_anjali12.anjz.nidha1983Make-It-PopiTangled_25Asad-Kii-Arzoo-Cherry-Nadz_YuNalover

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "AR: Back to Basics IMP NOTE PG 37" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

iTangled_25

IF-Stunnerz

iTangled_25

Posted: 29 June 2009 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Reserved

me 1stWink

EditedWink

N me still firstDancing

Ok so u started a new one eh...? wow..great going...! i lik that spirit of... "i get sum story and i think i better put it down sort"

so lil start...cant wait ahead to read a lil more...no a lot moreLOLLOL

Loads of Love

SteffHug

P.S: keep updating all the time....!!!! this one and that oneBig smileEmbarrassed

Edited by Steff_DMG - 30 June 2009 at 7:45am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

guggujanu1610

Asad-Kii-Arzoo

IF-Stunnerz

Asad-Kii-Arzoo

Posted: 29 June 2009 at 8:10am | IP Logged
great start swati luking frwd 2 ur FF...Clap

Edited by Arzoo_KSG_KPS - 29 June 2009 at 8:39am

shriya12

shriya12

Posted: 29 June 2009 at 8:10am | IP Logged
hey swati!
the intro is grt!
but way too short..stanford uni?? i kinda feel close to it aftr i read nj's newton..u r doin a fab job..the title as well as the content inside is grt...continue soon..wud luk fwd to reading it!
luv shriya

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

guggu

smriti.tweety

smriti.tweety

Posted: 29 June 2009 at 8:13am | IP Logged
edited ( didn't quite put across my view properly the first time)

hi Swati!!!!!

Just read the intro and i found it quite interesting! quite a straightforward Ridhima! infact her intro of herself left me with a feeling of her being extremely sweet and innocent. 
looking forward to see where this is headed!

love
smriti

p.s i see u have another ongoing fanfic. will definitely read that and get back with my comments.

Edited by smriti.tweety - 29 June 2009 at 12:15pm

guggu

KaranShilpa:)

IF-Rockerz

KaranShilpa:)

Posted: 29 June 2009 at 8:15am | IP Logged

reserved

guggu

Lavender21

IF-Rockerz

Lavender21

Hey that waz a awesome beginning. Loved it. Plz continue soon!! Thnks for the PM!!

guggu

guggu

IF-Dazzler

guggu

I know the introduction is kinda short but if I had written further, then the most happening suspense would have been disclosed. So I had to stop it at that. And secondly, I didn't have a lotta time and I just wanted to post it today itself. I just couldn't wait for tomorrow!! Big smile

thanks for reading...!!

Swatzz

Post Reply New Post

Go to top