New York: An Important film ? - Page 5

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

POH

here's the picture that reminds me that asma looks like Tulsi

here's the link quite a few posts think the same here as well as on other sites

http://music.xaapa.com/saregamapa09/2008/07/18/saregamapa-challenge-2009-sa-re-ga-ma-pa-challenge-2009-asma-cute-girl-from-oman/attachment/23784/

Originally posted by kuhu.kuhu

Joe ....this is why sometimes I get mad at u ....1st watch the film and then comment ....New York is one of the finest films I have seen in recent years!!!! ...i had high hopes about this film because it was made by Kabir Khan ...Kabul express fame ( although kabul express was a documentary type movie but i was awed by his directing technique ) ...by the way I didn't know Kabir Khan is Mini mathur's hubby πŸ˜ƒ....o.kk going off topic ...

Now where was I ??...Ya New work ...in one word ..fantastic according to moi ...the way the subject has been dealt with ...I trusted the director and he didn't fail me ....after Ghajini and Billu barber this is one of the finest movies i have seen ..and to me this is the best movie I watched after chak de ...the script is tight ..the subject has been dealt with sensitively ....the way some scenes were shot in Manhattan with hundreds of people, mostly americans ...reminded me of a hollywood movie ...

In acting department ....John is very good ..but 2 people who took the cake and the cherry too r Irfan khan and Neil Nitin mukesh ..i loved Neil in Johny Gaddar ..but here he poured his heart into the script and walked shoulder to shoulder with Irfan khan ..and I consider Irfan khan to be one of the finest character actors after Naseeruddin Shah ..so u can imagine how  high i think of  Neil's  acting  in this movie ...and Katrina Kaif ...boy ohh boy ..I never imagined I'll actually praise this girl's acting ..but she is a revelation!!!!!!...no make up, no body hugging  clothes ..no hatke dance ....yet she excelled and how !!!!!!....

Over all ..if u want to watch a good cinema with bollywood touch yet true to it's essence ...no extra songs yet romance ...a message yet not loud ....tragic to some extent but will put a smile in ur face at the end ..then u must watch this movie ..because after watching this movie ..i came out thinking o.kk even bollywood can make a movie with no glamor quotient yet engrossing with some world class acting.....

Kabir Khan is definitely a director to reckon with !!!!!!..i'll give a 4 star ....but a warning to some..this is not ur run of the mill movie ....but a very "modern, sleek and crisp with a message" movie !!!!!! 

just my 2 cents πŸ˜›     

Fab review Kuhu πŸ‘ i was gonna watch the movie anyhow coz the story interests me, but ur review made it all the more interesting πŸ‘πŸΌ
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

any way i have always been a great fan of john and kat but have not seen the movie till now as i dont like sad ends. but even i have heard from all its a nice movie. and guess wht? its a HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ₯³

Why don't you like sad endings? Even if it makes me depressed and sad, I enjoy watching serious and thought-provoking movies compared with the typical Bollywood films made - filled with comedy and laughter. 😳
@ Baz, I do not think she looks like Smriti in any way, but thanks for posting. πŸ˜ƒ
even i watched the movie it was  a very sad ending but i think its   a very important movie and all aged people can watch it...

we learn that fight for yr rights....

dont let others do watever they want to do.

think before u leap

and we also learn abt the negative impacts of terrorism on humans

how bad terrorism is
wat can terrorism led to and many other things........

@ Baz, I do not think she looks like Smriti in any way, but thanks for posting. πŸ˜ƒ

movies for me a fultu time pass things. so i dont like to spend moneu and get e head ache. as it is u see so much sadness around u. so y spend money and buy it for 3 hrs.
i will definitely watch it for john and kat but at home.
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

movies for me a fultu time pass things. so i dont like to spend moneu and get e head ache. as it is u see so much sadness around u. so y spend money and buy it for 3 hrs.
i will definitely watch it for john and kat but at home.

My bad, I thought you were movie obsessed. πŸ˜†Anyways, you quoted the wrong post (not that it make any difference, whatsoever πŸ˜†). 😳 (I love to blush - answering if anyone is about to question my motive behind putting the blushing emoticon). πŸ˜†
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago

My bad, I thought you were movie obsessed. πŸ˜†Anyways, you quoted the wrong post (not that it make any difference, whatsoever πŸ˜†). 😳 (I love to blush - answering if anyone is about to question my motive behind putting the blushing emoticon). πŸ˜†

yes indeed. i quoted a wrong post. but i keep doing such things.hehe u r funnyπŸ˜†
Originally posted by baz786

POH

here's the picture that reminds me that asma looks like Tulsi

here's the link quite a few posts think the same here as well as on other sites

http://music.xaapa.com/saregamapa09/2008/07/18/saregamapa-challenge-2009-sa-re-ga-ma-pa-challenge-2009-asma-cute-girl-from-oman/attachment/23784/

I have to admit, she does bear a resemblance to the young Smriti (from about a decade ago) in that picture.
Originally posted by Kal El

I have to admit, she does bear a resemblance to the young Smriti (from about a decade ago) in that picture.

yeah i too feel soπŸ˜†

look at her expression though ! by god ! kya duvidha waala expression catch kiya hai camera neπŸ˜†