India-Forums

New York: An Important film ? (Page 4)

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 07 July 2009 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by baz786

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I really want to watch the movie. If nothing, then to at least see Neil Nitin Mukhesh's gorgeous face.

LOL LOL u like him that much eh WA

I haven't seen the movie yet, but can't till i do. its quite an interesting setting how the lives of john katrina and neil change after 9/11

Oho, why not. If you can watch SRGMP for Asma, I can't watch a movie for a good look'in actor. LOL
I was just kidding btw, I swear, you IF boys take me so seriously. LOL I want to watch the movie, the plot looks nice.
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 07 July 2009 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

I really want to watch the movie. If nothing, then to at least see Neil Nitin Mukhesh's gorgeous face.

Who is he? Confused Excuse my blatant ignorance. Embarrassed

By the way, isn't your signature supposed to be your avatar?

You don't think he's good looking enough, because Cloddy didn't post a nice enough picture.

Well, yes, my sig should be in my avatar, but my avatar is permanent. I've been told it suits me well, and therefore, I don't want to change it. LOL -- what do you think, does it suit me well? LOL
Mindbender IF-Sizzlerz
Mindbender
Mindbender

Posted: 07 July 2009 at 8:25pm | IP Logged

LOL
I was just kidding btw, I swear, you IF boys take me so seriously. LOL
hoo hoo ha ha haLOLLOLLOL
Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 July 2009 at 12:57am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
RUSmart Senior Member
RUSmart
RUSmart

Posted: 08 July 2009 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
I have seen the movie and I quite agree with the type of treatment they give to the Asians. It is not necessary for a person to be a muslim. I visited the US in 2004 and just when I landed I had to read a number of warnings before reaching the customs clearance. It was too scary. You are prohibited to carry a number of things even when it comes to comesibles. And even despite a valid visa you are questioned like hell. These Americans think that every Asian who visits them is a suspect of terrorist. Even while leaving the Airport of LAngeles and just before boardinbg the aircraft, there where policemen looking at every Asian and checking them of their personal belongings in their pockets. (This is for a person who lives in Europe) I can well imagine what they must be doing to the Asians/Asian muslims. America is no longer a dream destiny!
New York is just a drop of the sort of tortures they commit over there. Not that Indian Jails are a heaven, but America...........supposed to be a place where human rights WERE more important. Europe is much better compared to the US.
RUSmart Senior Member
RUSmart
RUSmart

Posted: 08 July 2009 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
New York is just a drop of the sort of tortures they commit over there.
I mean NEW YORK MOVIE  is just a drop out of the ocean of the sort of tortures the commit over there.
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 08 July 2009 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
I think Cloddy's pic of Neil Nitin is sizzling hot. Ajnu's pic makes him look like a vampire. Yet to see NY as it seems interesting.
kuhu.kuhu IF-Sizzlerz
kuhu.kuhu
kuhu.kuhu

Posted: 08 July 2009 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

i would go but thanks to john abraham's TOILET WASTE acting I think I'll pass.

my friend went and he said it was the biggest pile of dog poo he'd ever seen.

Joe ....this is why sometimes I get mad at u ....1st watch the film and then comment ....New York is one of the finest films I have seen in recent years!!!! ...i had high hopes about this film because it was made by Kabir Khan ...Kabul express fame ( although kabul express was a documentary type movie but i was awed by his directing technique ) ...by the way I didn't know Kabir Khan is Mini mathur's hubby Big smile....o.kk going off topic ...

Now where was I ??...Ya New work ...in one word ..fantastic according to moi ...the way the subject has been dealt with ...I trusted the director and he didn't fail me ....after Ghajini and Billu barber this is one of the finest movies i have seen ..and to me this is the best movie I watched after chak de ...the script is tight ..the subject has been dealt with sensitively ....the way some scenes were shot in Manhattan with hundreds of people, mostly americans ...reminded me of a hollywood movie ...

In acting department ....John is very good ..but 2 people who took the cake and the cherry too r Irfan khan and Neil Nitin mukesh ..i loved Neil in Johny Gaddar ..but here he poured his heart into the script and walked shoulder to shoulder with Irfan khan ..and I consider Irfan khan to be one of the finest character actors after Naseeruddin Shah ..so u can imagine how  high i think of  Neil's  acting  in this movie ...and Katrina Kaif ...boy ohh boy ..I never imagined I'll actually praise this girl's acting ..but she is a revelation!!!!!!...no make up, no body hugging  clothes ..no hatke dance ....yet she excelled and how !!!!!!....

Over all ..if u want to watch a good cinema with bollywood touch yet true to it's essence ...no extra songs yet romance ...a message yet not loud ....tragic to some extent but will put a smile in ur face at the end ..then u must watch this movie ..because after watching this movie ..i came out thinking o.kk even bollywood can make a movie with no glamor quotient yet engrossing with some world class acting.....

Kabir Khan is definitely a director to reckon with !!!!!!..i'll give a 4 star ....but a warning to some..this is not ur run of the mill movie ....but a very "modern, sleek and crisp with a message" movie !!!!!! 

just my 2 cents Tongue     

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_VeilMindbenderbaz786

Go to top