Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
I think Cloddy's pic of Neil Nitin is sizzling hot. Ajnu's pic makes him look like a vampire. Yet to see NY as it seems interesting.
kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: gengarjetty2

i would go but thanks to john abraham's TOILET WASTE acting I think I'll pass.

my friend went and he said it was the biggest pile of dog poo he'd ever seen.

Joe ....this is why sometimes I get mad at u ....1st watch the film and then comment ....New York is one of the finest films I have seen in recent years!!!! ...i had high hopes about this film because it was made by Kabir Khan ...Kabul express fame ( although kabul express was a documentary type movie but i was awed by his directing technique ) ...by the way I didn't know Kabir Khan is Mini mathur's hubby πŸ˜ƒ....o.kk going off topic ...

Now where was I ??...Ya New work ...in one word ..fantastic according to moi ...the way the subject has been dealt with ...I trusted the director and he didn't fail me ....after Ghajini and Billu barber this is one of the finest movies i have seen ..and to me this is the best movie I watched after chak de ...the script is tight ..the subject has been dealt with sensitively ....the way some scenes were shot in Manhattan with hundreds of people, mostly americans ...reminded me of a hollywood movie ...

In acting department ....John is very good ..but 2 people who took the cake and the cherry too r Irfan khan and Neil Nitin mukesh ..i loved Neil in Johny Gaddar ..but here he poured his heart into the script and walked shoulder to shoulder with Irfan khan ..and I consider Irfan khan to be one of the finest character actors after Naseeruddin Shah ..so u can imagine how  high i think of  Neil's  acting  in this movie ...and Katrina Kaif ...boy ohh boy ..I never imagined I'll actually praise this girl's acting ..but she is a revelation!!!!!!...no make up, no body hugging  clothes ..no hatke dance ....yet she excelled and how !!!!!!....

Over all ..if u want to watch a good cinema with bollywood touch yet true to it's essence ...no extra songs yet romance ...a message yet not loud ....tragic to some extent but will put a smile in ur face at the end ..then u must watch this movie ..because after watching this movie ..i came out thinking o.kk even bollywood can make a movie with no glamor quotient yet engrossing with some world class acting.....

Kabir Khan is definitely a director to reckon with !!!!!!..i'll give a 4 star ....but a warning to some..this is not ur run of the mill movie ....but a very "modern, sleek and crisp with a message" movie !!!!!! 

just my 2 cents πŸ˜›     
Originally posted by: kuhu.kuhu

Joe ....this is why sometimes I get mad at u ....1st watch the film and then comment ....New York is one of the finest films I have seen in recent years!!!! ...i had high hopes about this film because it was made by Kabir Khan ...Kabul express fame ( although kabul express was a documentary type movie but i was awed by his directing technique ) ...by the way I didn't know Kabir Khan is Mini mathur's hubby πŸ˜ƒ....o.kk going off topic ...

Now where was I ??...Ya New work ...in one word ..fantastic according to moi ...the way the subject has been dealt with ...I trusted the director and he didn't fail me ....after Ghajini and Billu barber this is one of the finest movies i have seen ..and to me this is the best movie I watched after chak de ...the script is tight ..the subject has been dealt with sensitively ....the way some scenes were shot in Manhattan with hundreds of people, mostly americans ...reminded me of a hollywood movie ...

In acting department ....John is very good ..but 2 people who took the cake and the cherry too r Irfan khan and Neil Nitin mukesh ..i loved Neil in Johny Gaddar ..but here he poured his heart into the script and walked shoulder to shoulder with Irfan khan ..and I consider Irfan khan to be one of the finest character actors after Naseeruddin Shah ..so u can imagine how  high i think of  Neil's  acting  in this movie ...and Katrina Kaif ...boy ohh boy ..I never imagined I'll actually praise this girl's acting ..but she is a revelation!!!!!!...no make up, no body hugging  clothes ..no hatke dance ....yet she excelled and how !!!!!!....

Over all ..if u want to watch a good cinema with bollywood touch yet true to it's essence ...no extra songs yet romance ...a message yet not loud ....tragic to some extent but will put a smile in ur face at the end ..then u must watch this movie ..because after watching this movie ..i came out thinking o.kk even bollywood can make a movie with no glamor quotient yet engrossing with some world class acting.....

Kabir Khan is definitely a director to reckon with !!!!!!..i'll give a 4 star ....but a warning to some..this is not ur run of the mill movie ....but a very "modern, sleek and crisp with a message" movie !!!!!! 

just my 2 cents πŸ˜›     

movie might be good.. but john's scenes where he says he innocent is pathetic πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
kuhu.kuhu thumbnail

movie might be good.. but john's scenes where he says he innocent is pathetic πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

o.kk chhotu....so for that 3 mins scene which i don't remember what so bad about it u r trashing this movie πŸ˜•....Moreover he acted like any other bolly actor.. only the remaining actors stepped up and gave their 200% or more ....πŸ˜›  

o.kk chhotu....so for that 3 mins scene which i don't remember what so bad about it u r trashing this movie πŸ˜•....Moreover he acted like any other bolly actor.. only the remaining actors stepped up and gave their 200% or more ....πŸ˜›  

nahi bhadki, unhe 50% kiya, aur mukesh ki potey aur mohd kaif ki behen ko achcha deikha aur mera hindi bakwaas hai na? πŸ˜›
kuhu.kuhu thumbnail

nahi bhadki, unhe 50% kiya, aur mukesh ki potey aur mohd kaif ki behen ko achcha deikha aur mera hindi bakwaas hai na? πŸ˜›

chalo ..u stick to ur angreziπŸ˜† .....ohh so Katrina Kaif is Md Kaif's sis ??πŸ˜•....I didn't know that ....because of this piece of news tumhare saare bakwaas maaf kar di maine πŸ˜†  ...

But ....don't get carried away by ur friend's faltoo commentsπŸ˜† .....instead of  being glued on to IF or PS ...go and watch the movie😊 ...   

chalo ..u stick to ur angreziπŸ˜† .....ohh so Katrina Kaif is Md Kaif's sis ??πŸ˜•....I didn't know that ....because of this piece of news tumhare saare bakwaas maaf kar di maine πŸ˜†  ...

But ....don't get carried away by ur friend's faltoo commentsπŸ˜† .....instead of  being glued on to IF or PS ...go and watch the movie😊 ...   

Lol no she isnt his sis lol

hmmm rajiv masand said the acting was weak and its very contrived lol

anyway whats ps

yeah ill download the movie...😊
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I've always been a huge fan of John's hott bodyy, but for once I was able to enjoy his acting! Not that it's usually bakwaas, but he usually doesn't have a meaty role as such. His acting was reallyy good!
Neil nitin mukesh got to me a little, the over reacting at the beginning when he was held by FBI was pretty damn annoying! He was screeching and it was annoying. Although I didn't mind his acting in ADZ.

The scene that disturbed me a little was the bit where John goes to ask for New York's best bread and how the middle eastern group's motive was Jihad, a little different to John's motive in the movie. Freaks me out that such people exist. (and vice versa with the FBI torturing etc).

This point could be controversial but if I was a viewever sitting in somewhere like Pakistan, I would actually get a pretty negative view of the west after watching this movie, I would almost hate them! Especially because it is shown to be very anti-west and anti-america. And I hate when movies show that cos we being the desi audience believe in whatever we see especially as it was shown to be soo realistic and 'based on a true story'.

Racism has and always will exist, it just came in to the light after 9/11 that's all.
Guh, now I am getting way too much interested about watching the movie, especially after this comment:

Katrina Kaif ...boy ohh boy ..I never imagined I'll actually praise this girl's acting ..but she is a revelation!!!!!!...no make up, no body hugging  clothes ..no hatke dance ....yet she excelled and how !!!!!!....

I think no one could despise Katrina as much as I used to (and it has got more to do with her acting than anything else)...until that day when I watched Race, and my perception on her acting skill changed. While not a very convincing acting, she still managed to win my heart - compared with the type of films she used to do before (a showcase for showing her beauty, and no room for acting). If she had done a god job in this film too, then I think I should go and see it right away. πŸ˜† Besides, I really cannot imagine Katrina in a "no make up, no body hugging  clothes ..no hatke dance" sort of role. πŸ˜†

Also terrorism, racism, etc is an important and very sensitive issue; something I have interests in.

Maybe I would go and buy it within a few days ...
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Guh, now I am getting way too much interested about watching the movie, especially after this comment:

I think no one could despise Katrina as much as I used to (and it has got more to do with her acting than anything else)...until that day when I watched Race, and my perception on her acting skill changed. While not a very convincing acting, she still managed to win my heart - compared with the type of films she used to do before (a showcase for showing her beauty, and no room for acting). If she had done a god job in this film too, then I think I should go and see it right away. πŸ˜† Besides, I really cannot imagine Katrina in a "no make up, no body hugging  clothes ..no hatke dance" sort of role. πŸ˜†

Also terrorism, racism, etc is an important and very sensitive issue; something I have interests in.

Maybe I would go and buy it within a few days ...

actually in bolly films if u see all the great actresses started off with being a show piece only. they have to start with looking good and songs and dance, then comes acting for them. nearly by the time they r to retire. but kat has been lucky in this sense. her initial movies were of david dhawan who is not really a film maker and does not have any scope for female lead😑 wish he could make a serious female oriented movie.
any way i have always been a great fan of john and kat but have not seen the movie till now as i dont like sad ends. but even i have heard from all its a nice movie. and guess wht? its a HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ₯³