Kalyanam

Kalyanam Updates and Discussions Jun 29 - Jul 3 (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 7

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 7
Page 4 Page 7

Bonheur

Goldie

Bonheur

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 2:36am | IP Logged
Eljay, you are right about the mutilation of English words in Indian serials. One other word I can think of is "emotion". Suja often tells people not to get "yemotion". Aaarrgghh!!

I am not one of those who reject the globalisation of language. I speak English most of the time. It's also fine adopting and adapting English words for technical terms and new innovations, such as computer. But we have a rich Thamizh language with a long history and lots of words that can capture nuances well, so why can't these serial writers just say "velli naadu" in place of "foreign" or "aarthiram" or whatever for tension/emotion, etc.

But I know this is an impossible battle to win, so as you suggest, I should watch these serials with the mute button on!

Edited by Bonheur - 02 July 2009 at 7:48am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kalyanam Updates and Discussions Jun 29 - Jul 3 (Page 3)" in Kalyanam forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bjda

bjda

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 4:29am | IP Logged
i totally agree  wid u guys.....another thing is their pronunciation...Angry y cant they just stick to tamil...

i don rem which serial one of the char instead of saying "be confident" said "be confidential" !!!!!!D'oh

tat was the max i could tolerate....
from tat day i see serials wid the mute button on...Wink

brinny_g

IF-Dazzler

brinny_g

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 10:12am | IP Logged
thanks nithya!
you guys have been making me laugh with these posts about the mutilation of tamil/english (tinglish!)....it's all so true, and so worrying to see two beautiful languages being used in this manner!

eljay

IF-Rockerz

eljay

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bjda

i totally agree  wid u guys.....another thing is their pronunciation...Angry y cant they just stick to tamil... Script writers, please note our request.  Stick to the language you know properly, if you don't know tamil well, then say so and get out of the script writing business, and we will send some gifted people from here.

i don rem which serial one of the char instead of saying "be confident" said "be confidential" !!!!!!D'ohThat's a good one!

tat was the max i could tolerate....
from tat day i see serials wid the mute button on...Wink

brinny_g

IF-Dazzler

brinny_g

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
thanks laksh
so now meena and arthi could be alive? the plot thickens...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

smlaksh

nithyamkv

Channel Moderator

nithyamkv

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the updates and hilarious comments laksh.. Clap

Nice twist in the story again..  Smile interesting..

Edited by nithyamkv - 01 July 2009 at 11:24pm

smlaksh

smlaksh

IF-Veteran Member

smlaksh

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 12:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by smlaksh

Post reserved for thur update

Laksh, no Kalyanam today aam !!!! unakku leaveeeeee
ensoyyyyy

Thanks for the info Rojakka ... Actually last friday too the show wasn't aired .. Thought this week you'll be lucky .. But now i feel i'm more luckier than you Wink LOL ...

nithyamkv

srima

IF-Dazzler

srima

Posted: 02 July 2009 at 2:50am | IP Logged
Thanks Laksh for the update with spicy comments. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Have this doubt. Suja tells her would be ma-in-law not to mention abt. divorce notice to anyone. But what will happen when they receive the court summon? At that time won't it be a greater shock to the family specially to Varadha?

Maya is taking unduly long time to get the computer graph of Meera.Who is going to have the last laugh when they find the resemblance between meera & suja ....ganesh?? Wink

smlaksh

Post Reply New Post

Go to top