Kalyanam

Kalyanam Updates and Discussions Jun 29 - Jul 3 (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 3 Page 7

bjda

bjda

Posted: 30 June 2009 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bonheur

Thanks, Nithya. I agree that etiquette is totally lacking here. How can Suja read a lawyer's notice or any letter intended for someone else? Parthi's behaviour also shows utter lack of decorum and, incidentally, there should be decorum between spouses too. Parthi cannot stomach Anandhi questioning him about his movements and yet he can ask her intrusive questions about her family (Gaya, Elango, etc). Such behaviour is shocking in a man who claims to have lived "in foreign".

Btw, when will our scriptwriters learn that "foreign" is an adjective and not a noun. It is always a "in a foreign country/s" or "in a foreign land/s", never "in foreign".

thanks nitya...
well i agree wid u bon..didnt like the way parthi behaved wid anandhi...y cant he show the same irritation wid hema in tat case..Angry

guess suja wants to postpone the marriage for the time being..suja is mad..how can u read someone's letter..Dead

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kalyanam Updates and Discussions Jun 29 - Jul 3 (Page 2)" in Kalyanam forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

eljay

IF-Rockerz

eljay

Posted: 30 June 2009 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bonheur

Thanks, Nithya. I agree that etiquette is totally lacking here. How can Suja read a lawyer's notice or any letter intended for someone else? Parthi's behaviour also shows utter lack of decorum and, incidentally, there should be decorum between spouses too. Parthi cannot stomach Anandhi questioning him about his movements and yet he can ask her intrusive questions about her family (Gaya, Elango, etc). Such behaviour is shocking in a man who claims to have lived "in foreign".

Btw, when will our scriptwriters learn that "foreign" is an adjective and not a noun. It is always a "in a foreign country/s" or "in a foreign land/s", never "in foreign".

I agree with Bon about the lack of etiquette in our TV characters, and I am afraid our older and younger generations are absorbing all this after watching these shows.  I have been lamenting about this for quite some time now, esp when you see the lead characters happily going through other people's stuff and eavesdropping shamelessly.  As far as Parthi is concerned, I do not wish to talk about philandering husbands.  I have absolutely no sympathy for such characters, and this is one reason why I am not watching this show, just reading the updates.

Incidentally, using "foreign" as a noun is common in India!  The usual remark is "Avar foreignkku poga poraar or ponaar and so on" or "foreignle irundhu vangi vandhaar", as if there is a place called "foreign".  But this is a little better than in the North, where it is called "phoren"!  In three years of watching SunTV serials, I have come to the conclusion that many words are multi-purpose in nature, they are nouns, verbs, adjectives, whatever, e.g., conscious (conscious vandhaachu!), tension (romba tension aagadhe!), so the only thing to do is to safely forget all the rules of English grammar while watching.  Better yet, you can do what I do sometimes, mute the TV and just watch their saris and jewelry!  Sometimes, even that seems like a punishment esp when they make the men wear embroidered shirts in pink, or the women wear some atrocious saris and hairdos.

Edited by eljay - 30 June 2009 at 8:14pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

brinny_g

mallige

Groupbie

mallige

Posted: 30 June 2009 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
Eljay, inda serial-la saris ellam rombo sumar-than!

I still can't get over how Suja opened the registered letter, seriously, as Eljay said, what a bad example for audiences. I'm amazed by Suja's ability to lecture to anyone and everyone. Enna thyagam-she gives up the Kalyanamandapam for V's friend!

On the other hand, the whole Parthi double-standards thing is simply irritating- esp. the way Parthi cowers before Hema and her mom.  I have no sympathy for him- he needs to get real.

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 30 June 2009 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Eljay avanga "drungen driving" panni kittu avanga "dooty"
ai paarppanga - we either forget English or overlook all this.
If Bharathiyar or Tiruvalluvar were alive, they might consider suicide
for the Tamizh in these serials . On the other hand Merriam- Webster
might employ these people for coining new words out of
existing archaic English

smlaksh

IF-Veteran Member

smlaksh

Posted: 30 June 2009 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Thanks Nithya ... Suja has done one good thing by making Gaya take those tests ... Parthi yai purinchukkave mudiyala paa ... Whom he likes actually Hema / Anandhi Confused ???

srima

IF-Dazzler

srima

Posted: 30 June 2009 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Eljay, I had a hearty good laugh when I read the NorthIndian pronounciation....Phoren. I come across it in my day to day life.

Roja I share your views on Tamizh usage & pronounciation in our Tamizh serials. Surely Barathiyar & Thiruvalluvar must be turning in their grave.

srima

IF-Dazzler

srima

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Thanks Nithya .

Sick serial.

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 01 July 2009 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Thanks Nithya - so now Elango knows that he can not hold Gaya
responsible !!! Parthiiiii uh huh