IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 27 June 2009 at 11:40pm | IP Logged

Avika on life in in TV and films

28 Jun 2009, 0000 hrs IST, DEEPALI DHINGRA , TNN

Print   Email   Discuss  Share  Save  Comment Text:

She's the small screen's 'beendni'.
Avika Gor

And now, Avika Gor, the youngest and must we add most favourite bahu of television, is gearing up for her big screen debut. And guess who's giving her company in her first film? None other than veteran actors Anupam Kher, Sharmila Tagore and Rajit Kapoor. 12-year-old Avika will be seen playing Gargi, Anupam Kher's grandaughter in the film Morning Walk and naturally, she's ecstatic about it.

"I really enjoyed working with all of them, bahut enjoy kiya," says Avika.
Even though the film stars other actors like Shayan Munshi, Divya Dutta and newbie Nargis, it's with 'Anupam uncle' as she fondly calls him, that she has the maximum screen time and has bonded the most as well. "He loves me a lot, he's like a child when he's with me," she smiles. And what's the best compliment she's received from him?

"There was a scene in which I had to cry and he told me I cry very well," she adds and giggles, "He told me you cry a lot in your serial too, itna roya mat karo!" She's even spoken to 'Kiran aunty' "She told me she watches my serial everyday and likes my acting."

Compliments she receives by a dozen everyday, but considering she's working in TV as well as films, how does she manage to balance her studies? The seventh standard student replies, "I never bunk classes. I shoot only after my school hours."

Comparisons between TV and films don't bother her. "Just like I love dancing, Western or Indian, I love acting, whether it's TV or films," she answers like a pro. And no, she hasn't decided yet if she will continue doing work or take a break for studying. "I haven't decided all that yet, but I will keep doing whatever work I get. After all, bade hokar mujhe Miss Universe banna hai na!"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV-/Avika-on-life-in-in-TV-and-films/articleshow/4709767.cms

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Avika on life in in TV and films - Article" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top