Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

HPCRAZY

Goldie

HPCRAZY

Posted: 25 June 2009 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Hey guys, When reading books,we often come across characters who happen to be incredibly loyal,faithful,helpful friends to each other.Such friendships move us & amaze us so much that some times we ourselves wish we could have that kind of relationship with our own best friends or have a friend ot two like that.
So come on,who are your favorite fictional best friends?
What do you find special about their friendship?
Who is the better friend of the duo (or trio or more)?
Do you have any real life friends that remind you of him/her?

Come on,let's have a fun discussion!Big smile

Below are some of my favorite pairs;

1.) Harry & Ron- Harry Potter (The obvious 1st choiceTongue)

2.) Amir & Hassan-The Kite Runner

3.) Sherlock Holmes & Dr.Watson

Who are yours?Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Favorite Fictional Best Friends?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 25 June 2009 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HPCRAZY

Hey guys, When reading books,we often come across characters who happen to be incredibly loyal,faithful,helpful friends to each other.Such friendships move us & amaze us so much that some times we ourselves wish we could have that kind of relationship with our own best friends or have a friend ot two like that.
So come on,who are your favorite fictional best friends?
What do you find special about their friendship?
Who is the better friend of the duo (or trio or more)?
Do you have any real life friends that remind you of him/her?

Come on,let's have a fun discussion!Big smile

Below are some of my favorite pairs;

1.) Harry & Ron- Harry Potter (The obvious 1st choiceTongue)

2.) Amir & Hassan-The Kite Runner

3.) Sherlock Holmes & Dr.Watson

Who are yours?Big smile

who are your favorite fictional best friends? Ron,Harry, Hermione
What do you find special about their friendship? Even if there were fights along the way...they always pulled through and helped eachother despite the extreme risks.
Who is the better friend of the duo (or trio or more)? To Harry? I could never decide. Hermione never left him like Ron did a few times...but I feel that Ron-Harry have a different special friendship.
Do you have any real life friends that remind you of him/her? Yea, totally. I have two. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HPCRAZY

HPCRAZY

Goldie

HPCRAZY

Posted: 25 June 2009 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MusicalAiswarya

Great choiceThumbs Up

What do you find special about their friendship? Even if there were fights along the way...they always pulled through and helped eachother despite the extreme risks.

Superb & concise analysisClapClapClap

Who is the better friend of the duo (or trio or more)? To Harry? I could never decide. Hermione never left him like Ron did a few times...but I feel that Ron-Harry have a different special friendship.

Actually,what I meant to ask here was who is the better friend to the other person,like for example if it is Harry-Ron who is the better friend,Harry (to Ron) or Ron (to Harry)?
But I totally agree with you about Harry & Ron's friendship being more specialApproveActually the 4th HP book makes explicit reference to the fact that Harry had the stronger bond with Ron."Harry liked Hermione very much but she wasn't the same as Ron", Also the fact that Ron was taken as hostage during the 2nd task coz he was "the thing Harry Potter would miss most" Also,Dobby saying to Ron "Dobby knew Sir must be a great wizard because he is Harry Potter's greatest friend in the world"
Do you have any real life friends that remind you of him/her? Yea, totally. I have two.Smile
You are so luckyWink Although I myself have so many friends of whom I'm extremely fond of,I have none with whom I share this kind of strong bondEmbarrassed 

NB;Even though I have listed some of my favorite Friends pairs above you don't have to just choose from any of them.You can give your own preferencesTongue

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 25 June 2009 at 7:21pm | IP Logged

Great choiceThumbs UpThank you! Star

Superb & concise analysisClapClapClap Thank you so much! Hug

Actually,what I meant to ask here was who is the better friend to the other person,like for example if it is Harry-Ron who is the better friend,Harry (to Ron) or Ron (to Harry)?
But I totally agree with you about Harry & Ron's friendship being more specialApproveActually the 4th HP book makes explicit reference to the fact that Harry had the stronger bond with Ron."Harry liked Hermione very much but she wasn't the same as Ron", Also the fact that Ron was taken as hostage during the 2nd task coz he was "the thing Harry Potter would miss most" Also,Dobby saying to Ron "Dobby knew Sir must be a great wizard because he is Harry Potter's greatest friend in the world"
OOh, sorry...I misunderstood LOL In that case....I still can't decide ConfusedLOLLOL They all have there ups and downs I guess, but all were great friends to eachother. I would die for friends like that. Wink Anyway though, great examples and good thinking! Proves you are a good debater ClapClap 
Do you have any real life friends that remind you of him/her? Yea, totally. I have two.Smile
You are so luckyWink Although I myself have so many friends of whom I'm extremely fond of,I have none with whom I share this kind of strong bondEmbarrassed 
Aww, you'll find one. I'm sure! And I change my mind, I think I only have one LOL But one is totally enough.

NB;Even though I have listed some of my favorite Friends pairs above you don't have to just choose from any of them.You can give your own preferencesTongue

^^ Yep, I know! It's just that I am such a HP obsessive and they're really the strongest examples of friendship I have seen. Otherwise, the only other books I've read with equally strong frienship is the Fruits Basket series..and that's more anime-like. Do you know what I'm talking about? LOL

lizzyjane

Groupbie

lizzyjane

Posted: 26 June 2009 at 2:49am | IP Logged

My best fictional friends : Nancy Bess and George from the Nancy drew series

I think that all three of them help each other in times of crisis. Clap

My best friends : books .Embarrassed

Edited by lizzyjane - 26 June 2009 at 3:01am

HPCRAZY

Goldie

HPCRAZY

Posted: 26 June 2009 at 2:58am | IP Logged

Great choiceThumbs UpThank you! Star

Superb & concise analysisClapClapClap Thank you so much! Hug
you are welcomeHug

OOh, sorry...I misunderstood LOL - No ProblemLOL Besides I like the angle from which you viewed it tooWink
In that case....I still can't decide ConfusedLOLLOL- I too have a hard time deciding but even though Ron is my absolutely favorite HP character,I  feel that Harry was a better friend to Ron than Ron was to Harry.Because Harry always,without exception,trusted Ron whereas Ron doubted Harry from time to time even though such times were few & far between
 They all have there ups and downs I guess, but all were great friends to eachother.- Yep,totally.They all had their mistakes & had differences with & annoyed each other from time to time but they never let those little storms in tea-cups affect their friendship for long & that was the best thing about all three of themApproveHermione was ofcourse close to perfect mostly due to her brilliant brains but even she had her downsides like being bossy to the point of being annoying & interfering at times,though like Hagrid said, "She's got her heart in the right place,Hermione"
 I would die for friends like that. Wink Anyway though, great examples and good thinking! Proves you are a good debater ClapClap -Thanks,yaarBig smile I too would love to have life-long,devoted friends like that!Embarrassed Who wouldn't?Smile

Aww, you'll find one. I'm sure! And I change my mind, I think I only have one LOL But one is totally enough.

Thanks again,yaarHug I sure hope so,too! Btw,what changed your mind about your other friend?Tongue(If you don't mind me askingEmbarrassed)

^^ Yep, I know! It's just that I am such a HP obsessive and they're really the strongest examples of friendship I have seen. Otherwise, the only other books I've read with equally strong frienship is the Fruits Basket series..and that's more anime-like. Do you know what I'm talking about? LOL

I haven't got a clueEmbarrassedLOL Please do enlighten meBig smile I'm on the look-out for new books to read these daysWink

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 26 June 2009 at 7:38am | IP Logged
[QUOTE] I too have a hard time deciding but even though Ron is my absolutely favorite HP character,I  feel that Harry was a better friend to Ron than Ron was to Harry.Because Harry always,without exception,trusted Ron whereas Ron doubted Harry from time to time even though such times were few & far between [/QUOTE]         Yea, I think I really do agree with you. Harry was a slightly better friend to Ron than Ron was to him.

[QUOTE]Thanks again,yaarHug I sure hope so,too! Btw,what changed your mind about your other friend?Tongue(If you don't mind me asking[/QUOTE]   I don't mind at all! Tongue I guess I did change my mind about my other friend, because the friendship doesnt look like it'll last. Who knows? Time will tell LOL  
I haven't got a clueEmbarrassedLOL Please do enlighten meBig smile I'm on the look-out for new books to read these daysWink

LOL It's actually not quite a book series..well they are. Sort of confusing to explain. The series is called Fruits Basket, and it's an anime style series. This means that they're books you read Japanese style. Instead of starting at the beginning, you start at the end...and instead of reading left-right...you read right-left. Its confusing but you get used to it after a while...there are 23 books and the series is just REALLY good. Something you'll take to heart forever, I promise you :) Sorry, I'm suckish at explanations LOL

HPCRAZY

Goldie

HPCRAZY

Posted: 26 June 2009 at 2:04pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE] 

Thanks again,yaarHug I sure hope so,too! Btw,what changed your mind about your other friend?Tongue(If you don't mind me asking
  I don't mind at all! Tongue I guess I did change my mind about my other friend, because the friendship doesnt look like it'll last. Who knows? Time will tell LOL
So Sorry to hear thatUnhappy I sure hope that it will last thoughWink Making friends are harder than loosing them but ofcourse I can toally relate to what you are saying.I myself have experienced  friendships that haven't lasted for long.

LOL It's actually not quite a book series..well they are. Sort of confusing to explain. The series is called Fruits Basket, and it's an anime style series. This means that they're books you read Japanese style. Instead of starting at the beginning, you start at the end...and instead of reading left-right...you read right-left. Its confusing but you get used to it after a while...there are 23 books and the series is just REALLY good. Something you'll take to heart forever, I promise you :) Sorry, I'm suckish at explanations LOL
[/QUOTE]
No you are notTongue Your explanation gives me a clear & definite  idea as to what those books are.I will take your word for it that those books are good & will definitely read them if I manage to get my hands on any of themBig smile.Only hitch will be having to read them Japanese style I guessLOL But I'm sure that it will be a totally new reading experience & I'd love to try it out! WinkToo bad I haven't read any of them or we could have had a discussion about them tooSmileBut I would love to hear more about them from youBig smile

Anyway,have you read "To Kill a Mocking Bird"?( An awesome book & one of my all-time favorites!) If so,what do you think about the friendship between Scout,Jem & Dill?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top