Ramayan

DOTW:Would you have criticized Rama if.... - Page 7

Poll

he hadn't exiled Sita, hadn't asked for Agni praveshna or her shapat?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: Vrisha

Vibs

Are you getting SunTV?  Do you get to watch the Ramayan serial in Tamil?  If so, you might get the swarna-kamal adventures and the other junk we went thru ðŸ¤£ while you were vacationing and your cable guys let you down.  Incidentally, is Sun still showing the Ramayan, and if so, which episode?

We do get Sun TV here. Its one of the main channels and every home here will have it.

I don't know if they will complete the Ramayan. I have seen so many good serials that have disappeared in the middle.

In Tamil, Ram has crossed the ocean and reached Lanka. Every Sunday, one hour - 10:30 to 11:30 AM.

The dialogues are too good, especially Ravan's. I go into hysterics that takes me the rest of the day to recover.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
In HIndi, they used to show Ravan boasting.  How has that changed in Tamil that makes it so hilarious?
Khalrika thumbnail
Chandra, U r Vrisha? I thought u had left the forum. Also, I was wondering who this Vrisha person was? Anyway, good to know u r still here. Kinda miss my heated disagreements with u. 😆
Vibhishna thumbnail

In HIndi, they used to show Ravan boasting.  How has that changed in Tamil that makes it so hilarious?

Its the same here. But in ancient Tamil, the way of speaking itself is poetic or semi poetic with rhyming lines that are really witty.

The dubbing crew has done an excellent job. The dialogues are too good.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Right now, just Jyoti.  I watch Shani Dev as well - actually started when Praphulla came on, although I saw the episode where Shiva downed Shani, and Surya-dev and Chaya came to ask him to pardon him.  But the latter doesn't have its forum.

Previously, we had objected to Mahabharat being discussed here, since we thought the Sagars were taking inputs from here.  That was bunk, but now that the serial is over, I'd think it would be okay to discuss other mythos.

Karna had 4 sons - Vrishasena, who was killed on day 17 by Arjun, and Chitrasena, Shrutasena and Satyasena who were killed on day 18 by Nakul.  Even his brothers (Radha did have other sons after Karna got adapted) fought and died on the Kaurava side.

I thought Vrishasena was Karna's given name but he was renamed Karna because of his Kavach and Kundal?

So is Karna your fav character since you have his name in your youtube profile and here?😃
Vr15h thumbnail
No, Karna is not my favorite character.  In fact, there are very few characters in the MBH that I actually like (and Karna's not exactly one of them).  My favorite character is Satyaki, followed by Bhima, Arjuna, Abhimanyu, Ghatotkacha and Babruvahana.

Karna's name was Vrishasena?  First time I'm hearing of that.  I thought he was named Radheya by his adapted mom, but that Kunti had named him Karna because of the kavach/kundal earlier.  I have no idea how the name Karna stuck w/ him.  Incidentally, I don't think BRC was correct in depicting Drona as suggesting the name to Adhirath
Edited by Vrisha - 14 years ago
Vibhishna thumbnail

No, Karna is not my favorite character.  In fact, there are very few characters in the MBH that I actually like (and Karna's not exactly one of them).  My favorite character is Satyaki, followed by Bhima, Arjuna, Abhimanyu, Ghatotkacha and Babruvahana.

Karna's name was Vrishasena?  First time I'm hearing of that.  I thought he was named Radheya by his adapted mom, but that Kunti had named him Karna because of the kavach/kundal earlier.  I have no idea how the name Karna stuck w/ him.  Incidentally, I don't think BRC was correct in depicting Drona as suggesting the name to Adhirath

I don't know if Kunti ever named him.

I thought Karna was referred to as Radheya because he was known to be the son of Radha just as the Pandavas were called Kaunteya and Arjuna referred to as Partha.

How come Barbarig is not in your list of characters you like?
Edited by Vibhishna - 14 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Who was Barbarik?  Second time I'm hearing of him - first time being the greatest rakshasha thread.  What was his story?  Tell me, and I'll tell you whether I like him or not. 😛

In the Mahabharat, the rakshashas were better characters than most of the people involved, particularly the Kurus. 😆  So I wouldn't be surprised if I did.
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

His adoptive parents named him Vasusena. He was known as Radheya (son of Radha).  He got the name Karna due his sacrifice of the armour and earrings he was born with.

BTW, I was confused with your new ID too. Kya confusion hai. 😆

EDIT: Barbarik was the son of Ghatothkacha.
Edited by Kal El - 14 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Kal El

His adoptive parents named him Vasusena. He was known as Radheya (son of Radha).  He got the name Karna due his sacrifice of the armour and earrings he was born with.

BTW, I was confused with your new ID too. Kya confusion hai. 😆

EDIT: Barbarik was the son of Ghatothkacha.

Oh, my mistake. I too meant Vasusena, not Vrishasena.😆 The names are both similar so I got confused.