Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 28 June 2009 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "True Blood vs. Twilight (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 30 June 2009 at 12:43am | IP Logged
http://graphjam.com/2009/06/19/song-chart-memes-books-with/

Edited by return_to_hades - 30 June 2009 at 12:44am

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Hmm....I never read True Blood but I read Twilight and New Moon, so I can't exactly say which is better. However, I can say that the Twilight "Saga" bored the heck out of me so much that I just could not continue on to Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. Bella Swan is the most annoying selfish protagonist in the history of literature (forgive me for using such a high word for such a series), yes, even more so than Jane Austen's Emma Woodhouse. At least Emma had redeeming qualities and became a better person in the end. But even after two thick books, Bella became no better and I hated the way she used Jacob when she knew she would never love him.Dead

All the Cullens were way too perfect to the point of irritiation. Just because they're over a 100 years each doesn't mean they had to be perfect. None of the characters in Twilight had any character depth, there was no intriguing plot, the action always began in the last 50 pages of each book and ended in a loose immature fashion as if Meyer did not know how to wrap up a good action story. And last but now least, the way Meyer felt she had to degrade Jacob's character just to make Edward seem "nicer" irritated me beyond measure. Jacob was the only one who had at least some character, and with some work, Meyer could have made him intriguing, but he posed a threat to her beloved Edward, so......
And of course, the grammar mistakes and sugury adjectives did not help.LOL 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-SnehaAreYaar

pinkstarrs_9

IF-Rockerz

pinkstarrs_9

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 8:01am | IP Logged
twilight any day
Kristen rocks Clap

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 20 July 2009 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
I like watching Goblet of Fire so I can enjoy Edward Cullen dying.

Btw Yahoo movies had stats recently

There is a 43% crossover between Harry Potter & Twilight fans.
87% of Twilight fans are females.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-SnehaU-No-Poo

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Oh I haven't watched True Blood so can't comment on that one... But I've read some of the comments our here so I'll make it a point to have a look as soon as I get some free time during school hols...

Twilight emmm, I've read the entire series, not because I thought I would love it, but because I wanted to taste the hype that everyone was so excited about... To be truthful, when my friends came up with exclamations like "Oh, its too good!", and "Ahh! I am in love with the book!" I had my hopes quite up if not too high... So I had a look, flipped through the first one, the second one, the third one... I almost didn't want to read the fourth one but decided to give it a tiny chance.... I must say, at least the fourth one didn't bore me out....

Stephenie Meyer is an author, but not a good one, not one who's got the power to keep you enthralled in that new world she is describing... Unlike lets say, taking the most known fictional series Harry Potter, you don't have an encounter with the fictional world, you don't feel connected with the characters, nor the scenes... You read, you don't enjoy... Or at least I didn't... I feel it lacks the perfection a good book will have, it has a good idea, but not a good plot... At any point in the book I didn't connect with Bella, who is the one telling the story...

Breaking Dawn, the last one, was a far greater strike than the others... At least you could feel part of the tension building up, the climax... But again, the end was so predictable.... I hate thrillers which are so predictable and which tell you the whole story on the first page itself... What's the use of a thriller? Also, its to "teen-based romance", too much hyped for the "beauty" of the actors playing the roles rather than the characters... Unlike HP, where the characters are loved before the actors... Also, like another reader, I feel Jacob had so much power in the series, he could truly be a personnage, a very great challenge to the mighty Edward Cullen, he could even have gone to be an epic Hero... I just feel his worth was flicked down the drains as well... I saw in him someone very potential, alas, he'll remain a character almost forgotten....

Stating by the comments... And those wonderful pics... I'll go by True Blood....

But let me have a look and come back....

Cheers,
Sneha

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Sarina... You won't believe it! Me too....

Actually from my post you must have realised, I don't hate, but I nearly dislike Edward Cullen... I think he's one of the most coward "hero" 's ever!... Jacob is my favourite in the series... I don't know about the actor playing him in the movies, but in the book, he's the nearest one can get to enjoying a character....

Moreover, thumbs up on your analysis of a good book! Now I can definitely get back to you for some recommendations except Green Eggs and Ham... ;))

Cheers,
Sneha

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 21 July 2009 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Anyone familiar with the HBO series 'True Blood' or the book series 'Southern Vampire Mysteries'. THIS is what vampire romances should be like.

So let the battle begin, which is better True Blood or Twilight......

HBO!!! I dont watch hbo until after dark... just watch zee.. and sony.. choti bahu, agle janam....., etc...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top