Do you believe in Love At First Sight ?

Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
I don't know why, but "love at first sight" theory seems to suit more in movies. Wonder if there is any truth about itπŸ€”. Attraction on the first sight, is more like you are mesmerized by the external beauty... more like infatuation but certainly not love.
You can't really love somebody until you really really know themπŸ˜•.Know all the good things and bad.And even with all the bad things you know, you still can't be parted with him. Is that what should be love?😊
Who do you think are happier and more successful, generally ? Couples who fell in love at first sight , or couples who got "developed" after months or years of acquaintance?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I don't believe in "love at first sight."

First of all, I agree with you.  It's not 'love' at first sight.  It's either attraction or crush at first sight.

Love should not be so superficial that it's based on someone's looks and external beauty.  After all, their looks is all you see at 'first sight.'

Love is more about in depth things.... about knowing that the person is really impatient but still loving.  Knowing that he's not the most best looking guy on earth but he's the most handsome person for you.  Knowing his good and bad habits and loving him in spite of that or because of that.

At first sight you don't know what kind of a guy he is except that he's good looking or the color of his eyes etc.

Until you know the person inside out, it's really hard to call it love because love is never about loving a person for their appearance, it's about loving the things about him that can't be seen at first sight like his nature and habits.

-Mahi
Asherkibiwi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
noooooooo i dont believe,
Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

In most of the serials and movies we see people falling in love in the very first sight. If that emotion is not love at all what is this message that films/movies are sending out to the audience I wonder. Usually the theory "love at first sight" works out for them; they end up together and get married.Aren't all those soaps suppose to be inspired from real life incidents so then what do we say that it exists..but upto us to take it or not?

Edited by Ambrosia - 14 years ago
.Jiya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i do belive :)
because .. i used to get teased with some boy,
i never saw him until i got to college and when my friends pointed him out to me saying his the one ..
when i saw him .. i dont know why but i start getting these funny werid feelings .. i ignored it ..
and within 9 months i found out what he thinks of me , and also we are best friends at the moment :)

jiya x
Mitesh.P thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
I dont know if I should be replying here (lol) but I think everyone has an internal and external beauty..and rarely both. It depends on you what you choose but yea I agree that movies do focus on external beauty as there are only 3 hours (or less) to get to know the couple....not months or years. You can't blame them really.πŸ˜†
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Ambrosia

In most of the serials and movies we see people falling in love in the very first sight. If that emotion is not love at all what is this message that films/movies are sending out to the audience I wonder. Usually the theory "love at first sight" works out for them; they end up together and get married.Aren't all those soaps suppose to be inspired from real life incidents so then what do we say that it exists..but upto us to take it or not?

Well, the way I see it is that they are soaps after all.  Although they show some real things a lot of times, they exaggerate the truth.

I guess it looks really beautiful that you look at a guy/girl and figure out he/she is the one you want to spend your entire life with.  The winds and all of that gives a good effect.

But it's wrong to call it love at first sight.  I'm not saying that you can't be attracted to someone and a lot of times that attraction does lead to love.  But love doesn't come in to the picture until you know the person well because true love is loving someone after knowing who they really are.

-Mahi
whatsername thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
 I am feeling really stupid saying this but I do kinda belive in love at first sight.  I know it doesn't sound practical but sometimes in life. yu see someone and you just knowww. ,, you just know that he's the one .Or wish tat he's the one . i guess..

Acutally i feel that way because i kinda went through something like that. i saw this guy .. so quite ..so alone ...  when I was 16 :P and he wasn't particularly great looking .. But God , how i fell in love ....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by Sunita182 - 14 years ago
whatsername thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mystery-

But love doesn't come in to the picture until you know the person well because true love is loving someone after knowing who they really are.

-Mahi

Yh most of the times we  fall in love with who we think or wish they are ..... Its foolish ..and Unpractical but it does happen .this love at first sight
imatroublemaker thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hmm i actually kinda do believe in love at first sight like you wanna know the person moore and get together lol but it can be just attraction too