-!- Jyoti Appreciation Thread -!- - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by Vrisha

Incidentally, how many of you like  the new title track, where somebody just sings , 'Jyyyyoti'?  I find the voice and tune both irritating - much liked the older tune.

😆 😆 I liked the older opening credits as it showed the family. Always wondered why they left out Deepu and Sushma though. 😕
Edited by pardesi-mem - 14 years ago
Maybe b'cos they weren't Lata's kids? 😆

Actually, the older tune was just ~10 seconds long, which I found refreshing, compared to other serials.  This one passes the short test, but it's irritating due to the female voice that 'sings' Jyyyyoti.  I preferred it when nobody sang.
lol I agree with people the older tune was better, it was more eastern, more refreshing, but i dont really mind the new one either, just goes with the current requirement. What I like abt this show is the fact that they show real human emotions and normal human beings, like someone has already mentioned in this thread. Even Padma Maan is so real and normal, she doesnt hate Jyoti and Sudha yet there is that biasness in her children's favour and how she is shocked wen she finds Jyoti married a visually impaired person. So she isnt totally evil, and Jyoti too is not the perfect beti and bahu they show in other shows (sorry i tried not to compare) Like when she says to her father I tried to forget but I cant and doesnt accept his gift on her wedding. Sneha Wagh is amazing in the show, so are all the other ppl. I love how gthey cast an actual dancer for this role and i loved her performance on the stage just too good 👏 👏Edited by Kinza.B - 14 years ago
Kinza

I don't agree that Padma  doesn't hate Jyoti or Sudha.  I asked this before on another thread - do you recall her ever asking Sushma to do the housework that she required of Sudha?  Sudha was essentially a maid - like  having to tidy the house before Panchi and her dad came, cooking all the time, going to the bazar and then getting berated for paying too much for ____ (whatever).  Sushma was so much 'smarter'  - did Padma  and Dadi ever think of sending her on such missions?  Similarly, can you imagine Padma making Sushma  a mangalik and attempting to sabotage her love life, the way she did Jyoti?

Yeah, nobody is perfect, but Padma is pure evil.  She's a very good mother for Deepu and Sushma, but just them.  In addition to the questions I put above, let's assume here, for the sake of argument, that Deepu and Sushma were Lata's kids, and Jyoti and Sudha were her own, and let's say Deepu did everything he did and was kicked out of the house.  Do you think Padma would have called him back home, much less have a breakdown and be admitted to hospital?  Or, would she have given Sushma any cash due to her stealing Brij from Jyoti?  Just do these thought experiments, and then tell us if Padma is 'so real and normal'
Vrisha
I agree with what you have stated above, I merely was saying that where there is this not so good side of Padma, there is some affection and care for Jyoti and Sudha. Her own kids she spoilt rot there is no doubt about that. I was just trying to say that (ims orry i have to do this again) compared to other shows where evil is a little too evil, in this how one gets to see a blend of everything. Just like in real life we see a majority of people both good at times and not so good at others, in this show we see the same emotions and reactions which appear close to life.

Padma is not responsible for Sudha' current state Daadi is and she makes that very clear and Daadi owns up to it. If you notice the side of her that is not good to Sudha and Jyoti becomes more obvious when Deepu is kicked out. As a mother to Deepu she does discriminate and over looks the mistake of her son, but that is her love for her kids(no matter how bad they maybe) which is NORMAL. this is something we unfortunately do not get to see in other shows (sorry dont mean to compare). I hope you understand what I meant.
Devika starts liking Jyoti
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAoIJ3p_Ee4[/YOUTUBE]
...and confides in Jyoti how she manipulated her suicide attempt to move from a squalid jail to a luxurious hospital, with nurses waiting on her hand and foot. 😆😆😆
Edited by Vrisha - 14 years ago

Jyoti celebrating dandia!!!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBBBLaUoMVc[/YOUTUBE]
Jyoti and Pankaj describe the Navratri celebrations in their house, followed by dandia celebrations by the family. Notice that in this one, Sudha too actively participates - almost like this is her family now (and hopefully before too long)👏👏👏.  The other video I posted in the Sriti appreciation thread shows Sudha performing the puja along w/ Jyoti, and commenting on her appearance there.
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳Edited by Vrisha - 14 years ago
I have a question.  In the popular cast, how is it that Jyoti, Pankaj, Sudha, KK all have down arrows next to them, while Padma and Kalpana have up arrows?  How exactly do people arrive at this?  (I've noticed similar stuff in other forums as well)
Jyoti goes to see Devika
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtyF8qTWwek[/YOUTUBE]
...after the latter slits her wrists
Edited by Vrisha - 14 years ago
Jyoti has an understanding w/ Sudha...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajA224BywL8[/YOUTUBE]
...to check w/ each other and compare notes b4 believing anything said to  them about each other by others