Fashion and Beauty

Strengthen & Grow Nails Faster! (Question)

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

iluvDharmesh

IF-Dazzler

iluvDharmesh

Posted: 20 June 2009 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Hey members! Hug

I was wondering if there are any home remedies/treatments for strengthening your nails and making them grow faster. My nails are brittle and keep breaking which makes it hard for me to make them grow faster. I want longer and stronger nails as soon as possible. Help! Thank you! Tongue

Love,

Shikha Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetscent13

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Strengthen & Grow Nails Faster! (Question)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angeleyesz

angeleyesz

Posted: 22 June 2009 at 6:31pm | IP Logged

try using base coat ..or nail strengthner polish..  before applying nailpolish..

also ..u can use only base coat .. they help as well ..

thats what ii heard from alota people.. i think its true since ive tried it because i have  really long nails now.. n before they just used to break easily.. now i keep them clean n theres this lotion i use for hands n nails..

Embarrassed

sweetscent13

sweetscent13

Posted: 23 June 2009 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
I wish I could help but I don't know anythingUnhappy....I HAVE to keep them short because I play violin. Let me do a little research and then I will tell you. Big smile

sweetscent13

sweetscent13

Posted: 23 June 2009 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Here:

Home Remedies for brittle nails

Home remedy for brittle nails tip 1 - Vegetable oil can help replace the moisture lost by frequent exposure to water. Just use a cotton swab to brush vegetable oil on each fingernail, both on top and on the underside. Then, massage the oil into your nails. Repeat this treatment three or four times every day. The oil will add much-need moisture to your brittle nails, and the massage will improve blood circulation in that area.

Home remedy for brittle nails tip 2 - Natural treatments include Tea tree oil. This is believed to be highly effective and they do not have any major side effects. However, medication depends upon the age of the patient and severity of the fungal nail infection.

Home remedy for brittle nails tip 3 - Salt. Soaking painful ingrown nails in a warm saltwater solution will help ease the pain and relieve swelling. Add 1 tablespoon salt per quart of water and soak for 30 minutes. A saltwater soak can also make tough nails easier to trim. Try soaking nails in the same solution for five to ten minutes before trimming.

Home remedy for brittle nails tip 4 - Taking zinc does actually help. It sounds crazy but pre-natal vitamins have all the nutrients to help nails grow. Gelatin works but tastes disgusting! Sally Hansen has a cuticle cream (nail strengthening) that worked wonders for me. Apply it twice daily. Theres also a clear coat called "nail envy" that helps keep them from cracking. Lastly, stay away from acrylics, I know its tempting but don't do it. I had them on for 10 yrs straight. Its been 2 now without and I still have ridges! My nails will never be the same, but with the above mentioned have made awesome improvements

koolgal25

koolgal25

Posted: 24 June 2009 at 5:04am | IP Logged
its easy but liltl stinky lol i mean u just need to rub garlic on ur nails it wl b strong n grow faster

sweetscent13

sweetscent13

Posted: 24 June 2009 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by krazzzy54

its easy but liltl stinky lol i mean u just need to rub garlic on ur nails it wl b strong n grow faster
lol

Simi939

IF-Sizzlerz

Simi939

Posted: 28 June 2009 at 9:41am | IP Logged
yah
i too asked my parlour wali aunty...
n she said dat rub garlic daily... it ll make ur nails grow faster n will b strong too...!!!

lol...bt b prepared wid a soap wid a powerful fragrance...post-garlic application...2 get rid of dat stinky smell! LOL

S.Diva

S.Diva

Posted: 08 July 2009 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
hey also u can rub lemon on ur nails...it wrks.
and yes at times do apply  nail strengthner polish. this also helps making ur nail stronger.
I hd got one for me from shoppers stop, as i ws facing this prlmb a lott. now it has stopped brkng.
Hope it wrks for u tooo

Post Reply New Post

Go to top