Debate Mansion

How can God create anything Evil? (Page 6)

Poll Question: How can God create anything Evil?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [22.73%]
3 [13.64%]
2 [9.09%]
1 [4.55%]
8 [36.36%]
3 [13.64%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 49

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How can God create anything Evil? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by clodpolish

well we do say that god exists in heaven don't we?
Hey God is supposed to B omnipresent , so Y restrict him to only heaven

oh yeah,foolish me !LOL

So well the explanation for existence of heaven can be the existence of hell no?(at least to those who believe in both the terms)

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Let me post another qn (which i came across while reading about all this stuff) to those who do believe in god and do believe that god created evil as something which is a necessity to be experienced in life for whatever reasons !

How do we explain the death of babies at a very young age or who die when they are born? I mean they haven't experienced anything evil , have they? So, it isn't a necessity to experience evil in life no?

Karma --- from previous birth. I am a staunch believer of reincarnation. Imagine Karma to be a an account that is increased with debits and decreased with credits. Good karma is like a debit in my account and bad karma is credit. At the end of every life, the account book is updated and a net credit or debit will decide what I face in my next life.
Helps me keep things simpler for me. Does this mean I do not accumulate any credit - heck no. I just pick and choose which credits I'll pick and how many debits I need to balance them outLOL I'll be happy with a zero account balance in the end so I get to get born again and not face any consequences due to the misdeeds of my past life. I am not looking for moksha any time soonTongue

Hmm

so how much karma exactly did those babies have?LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

Can we expand the concept of Karma to include aliens? Yes. What if it is possible for a human being to be reborn on some other planet, as an alien? Have you seen the Russian politician Aleksey Mitrofanov, he was Jabba the Hutt in one life. Or vice versa? Sure Now that would make for an excellent Bollywood movie! WinkYes. Here it the story. 

Yeah

IF-Dazzler

Yeah

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 10:35pm | IP Logged

I strongly believe in Karma, and thus, strongly believe that with each incarnation we must bear the consequences of our actions in the past life and try to perform actions, which can clear/purify our soul. And so the process should eventually lead to liberation.

So when we do "evil" to what extent is God controlling our actions? Is God controlling each one of our actions...if yes, then where are we given the opportunity to make the decisions, based on which God decides whether we're actually becoming purer?

If God wants us to improve, then he has given has a mind for a reason and he has given us the opportunity to choose between two options, one of which is relatively better than the other in God's book (who we should assume is always right). So it is not necessarily evil that God has put in our world, it is different levels of good...as we learn to pick the better levels of good, we become purer and achieve liberation, so I assume.

I guess it all comes down to the Theory of Relativity. lol...if you these varying levels of good were absent then it would be difficult for humans to realize when/how they were getting closer to God. With contrast the human mind learns better, I would assume, and so God pitied our little minds and so gave us contrast...lessest good, lesser good, less good, good, better, best, excellent, unfathomably excellent. LOL

Anyways, I dunno to what extent I know my religion or God, but these are just my beliefs. I have a long way to go...still a confused little child. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarBeyond_the_Veil

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 19 June 2009 at 12:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Yeah

If God wants us to improve, then he has given has a mind for a reason and he has given us the opportunity to choose between two options, one of which is relatively better than the other in God's book (who we should assume is always right).

Hmm

lets think about it this way. Suppose there's someone who has always been brought about in an environment where wrong choices are right. I mean , suppose he has been brought about in a terrorrist kinda environment where he has been conditioned to think "wrong" . So , what do you feel?Is he being given a fair enough opportunity to chose a relatively better option in God's book?

Secondly, suppose he choses a "relatively lesser good option" but it is correct with respect to the conditions/background in which he has been brought, so does God improve his Karma or decrease it cos afterall he has chosen a wrong option !?

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 19 June 2009 at 1:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by angie.4u

well we do say that god exists in heaven don't we?
Hey God is supposed to B omnipresent , so Y restrict him to only heaven

oh yeah,foolish me !LOL

So well the explanation for existence of heaven can be the existence of hell no?(at least to those who believe in both the terms)

I think we create our own heaven or hell. I liked some of the explanations I read . Its actually a combination of explanations from a few books,  that have got all mixed up in my mind by now. Anyway I b liv in picking & choosing as God has given us the ability to choose.

There R supposed to b different planes ( 7?  not sure )or dimensions to which our soul departs after death depending on the level of evolution of the soul that it has reached at the time of death.

The soul that is still attached to the physical realm either due to feelings of attachment or revenge has difficulty in going to the higher or more devp planes & instead remains in the lower ones. They R the restless ones. We cud call this as hell.

The more evolved souls migrate to the higher planes work out their karmas there. Some of them take on the work of assisting the spirits in the lower planes to move on to the higher ones. Once these spirits devp further they move on to still higher planes- (heaven?) till they finally merge with God.

These higher planes have completely different laws not at all like our physical realm.

It seems that things manifest there as soon as one thinks it out. This must B creating a problem for those spirits who R not fully in control of their thoughts.  That is where the physical realm like our earth comes in handy. Even on the earth it is said that our thoughts have the power of manifesting if it is intense &  held for long enuf without doubts creeping in. But it takes more time in manifesting as this is supposed to B a lower plane as compared to the higher ones.

LOL  I m afraid I m not very good at explaining such things. If interested U can read "An Autobiography of a Yogi by Swami Kriyanand" & The Celestine Prophecy  - The 10th Insight by James Redfield. Or The last Marathon by Ruzbech Bharuch. These deal with life after death explanations .

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarreturn_to_hadesBeyond_the_VeilMindbender

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 19 June 2009 at 2:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Let me post another qn (which i came across while reading about all this stuff) to those who do believe in god and do believe that god created evil as something which is a necessity to be experienced in life for whatever reasons !

How do we explain the death of babies at a very young age or who die when they are born? I mean they haven't experienced anything evil , have they? So, it isn't a necessity to experience evil in life no?

Karma --- from previous birth. I am a staunch believer of reincarnation. Imagine Karma to be a an account that is increased with debits and decreased with credits. Good karma is like a debit in my account and bad karma is credit. At the end of every life, the account book is updated and a net credit or debit will decide what I face in my next life.
Helps me keep things simpler for me. Does this mean I do not accumulate any credit - heck no. I just pick and choose which credits I'll pick and how many debits I need to balance them outLOL I'll be happy with a zero account balance in the end so I get to get born again and not face any consequences due to the misdeeds of my past life. I am not looking for moksha any time soonTongue

Hmm

so how much karma exactly did those babies have?LOL

karmas can b accumulated over many lives it seems.  So start paying attention to ur balance sheet LOL
I  feel that the theory of Karma & reincarnation does offer a very good explanation of many questions regarding a person's just or unjust fate.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarBeyond_the_Veil

Post Reply New Post

Go to top