Debate Mansion

How can God create anything Evil? (Page 4)

Poll Question: How can God create anything Evil?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [22.73%]
3 [13.64%]
2 [9.09%]
1 [4.55%]
8 [36.36%]
3 [13.64%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 49

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 12:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

The question asked was How can God create Evil ? Well, i dont think God created evil.

I don't think there is anything that is an absolute evil or absolute good. They R just degrees of comparison. Lack of goodness can B termed as evil just as lack of light can be called darkness, lack of knowledge is ignorance, lack of peace is unrest. So may b we can say that evil is just a lack of the essential qualities associated with the Creator . So I wud say that God did not create evil .The absence of godly attributes ( all things positive) is something that we call evil.

Well, if we talk in a general sense , as in why is evil there ? (cos not everyone believes in god) then also we won't drift from the topic i guess.

Talking about lack of godly attributes, suppose someone lacks sweetness, then he must gain in rudeness no? There's no null point in between na ! Absence of such godly attributes would equate to gain in negative qualities, i think

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How can God create anything Evil? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

The question asked was How can God create Evil ? Well, i dont think God created evil.

I don't think there is anything that is an absolute evil or absolute good. They R just degrees of comparison. Lack of goodness can B termed as evil just as lack of light can be called darkness, lack of knowledge is ignorance, lack of peace is unrest. So may b we can say that evil is just a lack of the essential qualities associated with the Creator . So I wud say that God did not create evil .The absence of godly attributes ( all things positive) is something that we call evil.

Well, if we talk in a general sense , as in why is evil there ? (cos not everyone believes in god) then also we won't drift from the topic i guess.

well actually the question asked was How can God create evil & not why evil exists in the world . There is a difference . Smile As for drifting away from the topic - whats new Wink LOL 
Talking about lack of godly attributes, suppose someone lacks sweetness, then he must gain in rudeness no? There's no null point in between na ! Absence of such godly attributes would equate to gain in negative qualities, i think
Actually what I meant was that God did not have to intentionally create evil.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 1:08am | IP Logged

well actually the question asked was How can God create evil & not why evil exists in the world . There is a difference . Smile
hmm well, the reasons for why god will create evil will be the same as "why evil exists in this world" until ofcourse you believe that god didn't create evil.(and now i do get the differenceLOL)
Anyways, i am quite neutral to whether god exists or not , so for me at least , the basic qn would be "why evil exists"
As for drifting away from the topic - whats new WinkLOL
LOLthats my profession !LOL
hmm well if god didn't do it intentionally, that means it was a mistake, which means he was imperfect. So you do believe god is imperfect?

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 2:22am | IP Logged

well actually the question asked was How can God create evil & not why evil exists in the world . There is a difference . Smile
hmm well, the reasons for why god will create evil will be the same as "why evil exists in this world" until ofcourse you believe that god didn't create evil.(and now i do get the differenceLOL)
Anyways, i am quite neutral to whether god exists or not , so for me at least , the basic qn would be "why evil exists"
As for drifting away from the topic - whats new WinkLOL
LOLthats my profession !LOL
hmm well if god didn't do it intentionally, that means it was a mistake, which means he was imperfect. So you do believe god is imperfect?
So Ur at ur profession again LOL Evil may have been a by product of creation ! That doesnot make God imperfect LOL 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

persistence

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 2:37am | IP Logged

So Ur at ur profession again LOLEvil may have been a by product of creation ! That doesnot make God imperfect LOL
lolLOL

arey tell me do you think that god knew about that by product or it happened unintentionally?

another thing, why do you feel god wouldn't create evil?

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 3:39am | IP Logged

So Ur at ur profession again LOLEvil may have been a by product of creation ! That doesnot make God imperfect LOL
lolLOL

arey tell me do you think that god knew about that by product or it happened unintentionally?

I ll remember to ask that next time I meet him LOL
B coz its not reqd ! U dont need to create darkness- just switch off the lights & U ll have darkness . Similarly just switch off the goodness & U ll get evil Evil Smile LOL
 Besides it depends on what we mean by evil ! As I said B4 I dont think there is an absolute evil or absolute good . What is evil for one may b good for other . Had to edit & add this as I just got a jolt reminding me of this. pain (due to any reason) may B considered as evil but often has a purpose to serve Ouch . It took a staple pin prick to remind me of this LOL LOL It served its purpose of teaching me not to try opening a badly stapled envelope, talk on the phone & post replies on the PC all at the same time LOL

Edited by angie.4u - 18 June 2009 at 3:55am

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 4:33am | IP Logged
I believe, Absense of God...we call it evil...
Let me Quote my Favorite writer Osho's words from,The book of wisdom:-

""""Jesus says again and again "You have been told that if some one throws a brick at you, throw a stone or a rock at him. But I say unto you, if somebody hits you on one cheek, give him the other also." This is alien, strange, to Jewish thinking. But this is not alien to Buddhist thinking, this is pure Buddhism. Do not resist evil: that is the first thing if you want to absorb evil in your heart and transform it. If you resist it, how can you transform it? Accept it. """""
""""Light can exist only if darkness exists. Then why hate darkness? ...Life cannot exist without death. Then why hate death? The saint is possible only because of the sinner...One accepts both as part and parcel of life. In that acceptance you can transform things. Only through that transformation is acceptance possible.

You are just a mirror; it has nothing to do with you. Happiness comes and goes, unhappiness comes and goes, it is a passing show: you are just there, a mirror reflecting it."""

Edited by Believe - 18 June 2009 at 4:40am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Yeah

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 18 June 2009 at 6:30am | IP Logged

lolLOL

I ll remember to ask that next time I meet him LOL
ok then also ask him whether he is perfect or notTongueLOL
B coz its not reqd ! U dont need to create darkness- just switch off the lights & U ll have darkness . Similarly just switch off the goodness & U ll get evil Evil SmileLOL
hmm ok ! its absence theodicy you believe in no?
but what about natural evils like earthquakes , etc . What are they the absence of?
Besides it depends on what we mean by evil ! As I said B4 I dont think there is an absolute evil or absolute good . What is evil for one may b good for other . Had to edit & add this as I just got a jolt reminding me of this. pain (due to any reason) may B considered as evil but often has a purpose to serve Ouch. It took a staple pin prick to remind me of this LOL LOLIt served its purpose ofteaching me not to try opening a badly stapled envelope, talk on the phone & post replies on the PC all at the same time LOL
Oh good ! So now you got the lesson right? Add eating chips to the list too and everything will be fineLOL

Ok now, i have a qn for you (quoting from wikipedia) ->

"Like the Platonists before him, the fifth century theologian Augustine of Hippo maintained that evil was only privatio boni, or an absence of good, much like darkness is an absence of light. An evil thing can only be referred to as a negative form of a good thing, such as discord, injustice, and loss of life or of liberty. These are all defined in terms of a spectrum with its lowest absolute being zero good (injustice being the absolute lack of just decision or action). If a being is not totally pure, evil will fill in any gaps in that being's purity. This is commonly called the Contrast Theodicy that evil only exists or can only be known in contrast with good.

However, the privatio boni argument doesn't completely solve the problem of evil, as even if the apparent existence of suffering and evil in the world are illusory, the question remains why God neglected to create those goods that are found to be lacking in the world"

Post Reply New Post

Go to top