Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
I believe, Absense of God...we call it evil...
Let me Quote my Favorite writer Osho's words from,The book of wisdom:-

""""Jesus says again and again "You have been told that if some one throws a brick at you, throw a stone or a rock at him. But I say unto you, if somebody hits you on one cheek, give him the other also." This is alien, strange, to Jewish thinking. But this is not alien to Buddhist thinking, this is pure Buddhism. Do not resist evil: that is the first thing if you want to absorb evil in your heart and transform it. If you resist it, how can you transform it? Accept it. """""
""""Light can exist only if darkness exists. Then why hate darkness? ...Life cannot exist without death. Then why hate death? The saint is possible only because of the sinner...One accepts both as part and parcel of life. In that acceptance you can transform things. Only through that transformation is acceptance possible.

You are just a mirror; it has nothing to do with you. Happiness comes and goes, unhappiness comes and goes, it is a passing show: you are just there, a mirror reflecting it."""

Edited by Believe - 14 years ago
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Ok now, i have a qn for you (quoting from wikipedia) ->

"Like the Platonists before him, the fifth century theologian Augustine of Hippo maintained that evil was only privatio boni, or an absence of good, much like darkness is an absence of light. An evil thing can only be referred to as a negative form of a good thing, such as discord, injustice, and loss of life or of liberty. These are all defined in terms of a spectrum with its lowest absolute being zero good (injustice being the absolute lack of just decision or action). If a being is not totally pure, evil will fill in any gaps in that being's purity. This is commonly called the Contrast Theodicy β€” that evil only exists or can only be known in contrast with good.

However, the privatio boni argument doesn't completely solve the problem of evil, as even if the apparent existence of suffering and evil in the world are illusory, the question remains why God neglected to create those goods that are found to be lacking in the world"

Mindbender thumbnail

Let me post another qn (which i came across while reading about all this stuff) to those who do believe in god and do believe that god created evil as something which is a necessity to be experienced in life for whatever reasons !

How do we explain the death of babies at a very young age or who die when they are born? I mean they haven't experienced anything evil , have they? So, it isn't a necessity to experience evil in life no?

Let's start from the beginning, then, shall we...

@ "Good cannot exist without the existence of Evil, just the way light cannot exist without darkness" -- I wholeheartedly agree with that given statement, however that sort of fall[s] short o what we are taught by the Abrahamic Faith, which explicitly states that Heaven is such a place/state [spiritual or physical] which does not contain / is absolutely ridden of any sort of negativity; Only peace, virtuousness and positiveness is what exists there, or so is what's taken from the account of the religious texts. Now to those members, who stated that  "Good cannot exist without the existence of Evil, just the way light cannot exist without darkness" but believes in the perfectly peaceful place/state [IE..e heaven] - care to explain me, how is a "heaven" suppose to exist (isn't that going against your logic)? Of course that is Heaven, a completely different scenario, something we do not know and do not understand about, but still, if 'good' or 'positivity' can 'exist' without 'evil' or 'negativity' in heaven, why can not it be in the earth? Is God not capable of showing the positiveness of his creation without showing the negative aspects?  If you say He cannot (reason bring 'Good and 'Evil' are interlinked) then care explaining how can he do it in the heaven, then?

Of course if God would have done that, then this Earth would have become Heaven; but why need to throw us into the Earth, full of sufferings and pains? It seems God wanted us to experience LIFE that he created through each and every perspectives.....

Or maybe we do not know, and never will πŸ˜† (unless we die, that is). πŸ˜‰

Labib
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago
Mindbender thumbnail
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

how is a "heaven" suppose to exist (isn't that going against your logic)?

well we do say that god exists in heaven don't we?

and god also is totally "pure", so the place where in he lives would be the same too no?

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: clodpolish

well we do say that god exists in heaven don't we?

Hey God is supposed to B omnipresent , so Y restrict him to only heaven
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: angie.4u

Hey God is supposed to B omnipresent , so Y restrict him to only heaven

Exactly. I don't think God is in heaven, or stuck on the seventh sky. I think He's everywhere.
Originally posted by: clodpolish

Let me post another qn (which i came across while reading about all this stuff) to those who do believe in god and do believe that god created evil as something which is a necessity to be experienced in life for whatever reasons !

How do we explain the death of babies at a very young age or who die when they are born? I mean they haven't experienced anything evil , have they? So, it isn't a necessity to experience evil in life no?

Karma --- from previous birth.  I am a staunch believer of reincarnation.  Imagine Karma to be a an account that is increased with debits and decreased with credits.  Good karma is like a debit in my account and bad karma is credit.  At the end of every life, the account book is updated and a net credit or debit will decide what I face in my next life.

Helps me keep things simpler for me.  Does this mean I do not accumulate any credit - heck no.  I just pick and choose which credits I'll pick and how many debits I need to balance them outπŸ˜†  I'll be happy with a zero account balance in the end so I get to get born again and not face any consequences due to the misdeeds of my past life.  I am not looking for moksha any time soonπŸ˜›
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Can we expand the concept of Karma to include aliens? What if it is possible for a human being to be reborn on some other planet, as an alien? Or vice versa? Now that would make for an excellent Bollywood movie! πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by: Kal El

Can we expand the concept of Karma to include aliens? What if it is possible for a human being to be reborn on some other planet, as an alien? Or vice versa? Now that would make for an excellent Bollywood movie! πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜† naah.  that would be really boring.  Have you read "The Host" for Stephanie Meyers?  It is horribly boring novel.  I lost it in the mall before I could finish it and never ever felt the need to know how exactly it endedπŸ˜†