Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Television - leading cause of violence?! (Page 6)

_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 21 June 2009 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Got to say one thing in fav of TV - it has millions of addicts who R too much of a couch potato to really enagage in any violent activity LOL
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 21 June 2009 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

So if violent shows make people violent......do musical shows make people musical and reality shows make people real?

If that was the case, I'd have learned to sing, dance, model, fashion design, and gossip all from TV.
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 21 June 2009 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Got to say one thing in fav of TV - it has millions of addicts who R too much of a couch potato to really enagage in any violent activity LOL

True that. LOL ---- plus now tell me also, how do people who are busy being violent, schedule TV watching into their busy days?
Sujal_Fan_No1 Goldie
Sujal_Fan_No1
Sujal_Fan_No1

Posted: 21 June 2009 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
I dont think it does cause violence.

I havent seen or heard of anyone watching tv, and then wen they finnish think and go, alright im just going to beat someone up and get realy violent  now! Coz they showed me it now just on tvWink

Edited by Sujal_Fan_No1 - 21 June 2009 at 12:43pm
ElusiveDevotion IF-Dazzler
ElusiveDevotion
ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 21 June 2009 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

What exactly do you consider as good quality programmes?

(Just curious)

Oh ok, well I was talking keeping kid's shows in mindLOL, over here in North America (and these were aired in India as well), in the 80's-90's time the cartoons were of such good quality that even adults could watch them and actually draw beneficial morals and conclusions through them, now these shows had a ton of violence in them ex. Batman the animated series (very informative show inspite of it being targetted towards kids, great dialogues and it treated kids like they had brains, not like some of today's cartoons that are purposefully dumbed down and censored, kids are not as innocent and dumb as some adults think they areLOL) and there was another one called Heidi (it showed realitlies of life). The point I'm trying to make is that if there is violence in the real world, the TV is not a factor, it has more to do with the upbringing of the person/parents. And also, I don't beleive that kid's show should be sugar-coated with sweet stuff and no violence should be shown. Children are smarter than most adults assume.
Mindbender IF-Sizzlerz
Mindbender
Mindbender

Posted: 21 June 2009 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by angie.4u

True that. LOL ---- plus now tell me also, how do people who are busy being violent, schedule TV watching into their busy days?

as you all busy people accomodate IF in your scheduleLOLLOL

btw - nice one angie ji !LOL

Mindbender IF-Sizzlerz
Mindbender
Mindbender

Posted: 21 June 2009 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by VirgoVixen

Originally posted by clodpolish

What exactly do you consider as good quality programmes?

(Just curious)

Oh ok, well I was talking keeping kid's shows in mindLOL, over here in North America (and these were aired in India as well), in the 80's-90's time the cartoons were of such good quality that even adults could watch them and actually draw beneficial morals and conclusions through them, now these shows had a ton of violence in them ex. Batman the animated series (very informative show inspite of it being targetted towards kids, great dialogues and it treated kids like they had brains, not like some of today's cartoons that are purposefully dumbed down and censored, kids are not as innocent and dumb as some adults think they areLOL) and there was another one called Heidi (it showed realitlies of life). The point I'm trying to make is that if there is violence in the real world, the TV is not a factor, it has more to do with the upbringing of the person/parents. And also, I don't beleive that kid's show should be sugar-coated with sweet stuff and no violence should be shown. Children are smarter than most adults assume.

yeah lol, but children are less smarter than most children feel they areLOL

Talking about sugar coated with sweet stuff , etc , i think its the right thing to do till a particular age group ! Kyon chote chote bacchon ki masoomiyat nikalna chahte ho?LOL

Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 June 2009 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top