Debate Mansion

Television - leading cause of violence?!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 17 June 2009 at 4:34am | IP Logged

I have heard and read a lot about television really playing a major role in the violence of today's world. So do you agree to it or do you feel its kinda overrated?

Is television the leading cause of violence in today's society afterall?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Television - leading cause of violence?!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Super-Computer

Groupbie

Super-Computer

Posted: 17 June 2009 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

I have heard and read a lot about television really playing a major role in the violence of today's world. So do you agree to it or do you feel its kinda overrated?

Is television the leading cause of violence in today's society afterall?

*Processing, please wait*

Topic:  Television and violence- link?

Report:
1.important topic
2.works on a subconscious  level (conscious as well,relatively more in the case of adolescents)
3.process:
a.programme viewed
b.violence displayed
c.violence viewed
d.process 2:
  • adults view the programme ==> subconscious  effect on their mind causes them to be naturally violent
  • children/adolescents/immature adults==> subconcious or/and conscious impact making them violent
examples:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2274722
http://www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/children_and_tv_violence

Addl.:
the above may/may not contradict my report

*Process completed*

Edited by Super-Computer - 17 June 2009 at 9:04am

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 June 2009 at 10:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-iPayal-

IF-Sizzlerz

-iPayal-

Posted: 17 June 2009 at 4:50pm | IP Logged

i can make an argument form both sides...

1. movies usually show terrorism and lots of violence, which if is seen by a kid at a young age can effect  them, but on the other hand...

if ur so againes violence then just turn off the TV and dont watch it.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 17 June 2009 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Super-Computer

• adults view the programme ==> subconscious effect on their mind causes them to be naturally violent
  • children/adolescents/immature adults==> subconcious or/and conscious impact making them violent

hmm true !

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Can't really say about the soaps and shows in the other parts of the world...but as far as Indian soaps are concerned, they did help in creating more violence...but now, after the K saga had been over, I think the soaps are now way milder\ than before.
dunno much about K saga, but weren't they saas bahu types? or criminal shows?LOL

well , in india, i guess yeah, there are shows other than soaps which are creating more havoc. But in foreign countries, from what i have heard, such soaps also form an integral part of "violent shows"

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 17 June 2009 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *payal_15*

1. movies usually show terrorism and lots of violence, which if is seen by a kid at a young age can effect them, but on the other hand...

lol, its not so easy na? !

Its like saying you have an addiction, you know its wrong, so just leave it ! but you can't leave that addiction so easily no?

-iPayal-

IF-Sizzlerz

-iPayal-

Posted: 17 June 2009 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

1. movies usually show terrorism and lots of violence, which if is seen by a kid at a young age can effect them, but on the other hand...

lol, its not so easy na? !

Its like saying you have an addiction, you know its wrong, so just leave it ! but you can't leave that addiction so easily no?

actually ur rite, its not that easy to leave an addiction.
but im not talking abt someone who has an addiction to TV, im saying that if someone thinks that TV is promoting violence then it would be better for them to not watch it.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 17 June 2009 at 7:24pm | IP Logged

actually ur rite, its not that easy to leave an addiction.
but im not talking abt someone who has an addiction to TV, im saying that if someone thinks that TV is promoting violence then it would be better for them to not watch it.

hmm

well , you mean to say that the person who feels that way shouldn't watch it, but he shouldn't go around the world shouting that other shouldn't watch it also>?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top