~*~AN Romantic Scene Thread~*~ - Page 6

Posted: 14 years ago
Awww... the scenes are all really great....
can i also post my ...scenes here?it wont b gud ..bt stil i wil improve pleeash ..?πŸ˜›
**Scenes written by daffodils.dudu**

SCENE 2

i just posted it in an fc ..nw i wil just copy nd pasteπŸ˜›*lazy bug*
its d scene i need next week πŸ˜ƒ

i want abhi to just shout at nikki .facin away frm her.nd nikki wil hear evrythin silently ...nd wen abhi turns ..he sees tht nikki is al in tears ...he thn
abhi:nikki[softly]
nikki:haan bolo abhi ...
abhi:nikki..woh...
niki is fully teary eyed ..nd she goes away ..
abhi feels really sad 4 wat he did to niki...
abhi goes lokin 4 her ...
nd he searches her evrywer .atlast find her sittin in a corner of presentation room [less light]..shes cryin ...
abhi comes close to her ...sits beside her ..
abhi:nikki...
nikki:am sorry abhi ..
abhi:nikki ...[hugs her tight]
abhi:mujhemaaf kar do ..
nikki sobs more nd hugs abhi too..
abhi sudenly leavs hold of her ..nd faces away ..

abhi:actualy niki ..NIKITHA ...am sorry ...i was rude to u
nikki coms nd hugs him frm bak
nikki:tumhe mere opar poora hak hai ..tum jo chaho kar sakthe ho ..
abi:nikitha ..
niki leaves hold of him
abhi:mein jaa raha hu ..
abhi walks two steps
nikki:agar jana hi tha ..toh mere zindagi mein aya hi kyu?
abhi stops nd turns
nikki:kyu mujhe sapne dikhay?
kyu mujhe muskurana sikhaya/.
kyu? ....
abhi :nikki..
nikki:haan mein tumse bahuth pyar karti hu ..
abhi :nikki,,[he start to hav tears comin down frm his eyes]
nikki:mujhe pata hai ab tumhare dil dil mein mere liye koi jaga nahi hai ..
nikki:par abhi mein tumse pyar karti hu ...armaan se nahi ...
armaan mer dosth hai ..mein usse dard nahi de sakthi ...
abhi:nikki..
niki:abhi suno ..mein sirf etna kehna chathi hu ...ki mein sirf tumse pyar karti hu ..aur hamesha karti rahoongi ..
abhi comes close to niki..holds her face i his hands ..
abhi:mein bhi tumse bahuth pyar karta hu ..
nikki:[hugs him ..]mujhe chorke kabhi mat jaana ..[sobs]
abhi:nikki ....[kises heron her fore head]

Edited by daffodils.dudu - 14 years ago
loved ur scene Tanya!! It made my heart skip a beat!!!
love this part!!
nikki:agar jana hi tha ..toh mere zindagi mein aya hi kyu?
abhi stops nd turns
nikki:kyu mujhe sapne dikhay?
kyu mujhe muskurana sikhaya/.
kyu? ....

and u included my favorite type of scene. I so want to see her hug him from behind in reality!!

Note to the Viewers:
Hey guys!!
Just wanted to let u all know that the front page has been edited to show which page each author's scenes appears on!!! Hope this makes it easier to locate ur favorite scenes!! Enjoy!!

Edited by Erutan99 - 14 years ago
Originally posted by silentangel

hey guys no new scene???😭

I know its very sad...seems like no one is in the mood for writing scenes lately....
But since u asked, I've got a short one in mind that I'll write out and post later tonight for u....
U should also try writing one, though....I for one would love to read it!!!
**Scenes written by Erutan99 & Anotheranfan**

~**//Journey to Confession//**~
(Hey guys! Priyanka and I will be doing a series of short scenes that take place after the episode on June 23rd when Abhi humiliates Niki during the meeting...)

~**~

Meeting Scene:

(aired on June 23rd)

Abhi humiliates Niki in front of the other board members over being late and turning in an incomplete report.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUtI6DsaeyE

~**~

SCENE 1:
(added June 23rd)

~*//Anotheranfan//*~

Niki was completely shocked seeing Abhimanyu behave so irrationally in front of everyone at the meeting. She was just about to defend herself when she began to have flashes of the incidences that took place in the previous few days.

"Thank you Dr. Nikita..."
"Kya main tumhare saath jabardasti kar raha tha..."
"Bolo Niki..."
"Bolo Niki...kuch bolo...batado tumhare maan me kya hai.. nahi to main pagal ho jaunga...bolo..."

With Abhimanyu's words still ringing in her head she made up her mind; whatever happened between the two of them was personal and she would not let his hard work go down the drain in a moment of anger. She would prove that he didn't make a mistake when he chose her as the intern for the project. She would not let Abhi's pride get damaged again...not this time.

Abhimanyu was still standing there glaring at her because of the reports. Pulling herself together she stood up straighter and calmly looked Abhimanyu in the eyes. "Dr. Modi, I'm really sorry I didn't do as well as you expected me too-"

Abhimanyu was about to interrupt her, no doubt to spout out more poison, but she had already made up her mind...she wouldn't let him ruin his reputation because of her.

Ignoring him she continued, "Sir, It didn't occur to me that the other 12 doctors not practicing might open clinics of their own soon. That was my mistake. I understand how important this project is and I will immediately get back to work and fix the report. Could you please reconsider looking at this report again? Please."

Turning to the rest of the men in the meeting she bowed her head in apology. "Forgive me, Sirs. It was completely my fault for overlooking these small details. But would you please reconsider looking through the report that Dr. Modi and I made. I will work under his guidance to give you a more detailed report by tomorrow. I am sure with Dr. Modi's help we will soon have a much more detailed report for you."

Abhimanyu finally became aware of the presence of the stake holders and how he was acting in front of them. They had high expectations of him and he had to have a positive attitude. Deciding to continue the meeting, he quickly composed himself and clearing his throat turned back to address Niki.

"Dr. Nikita, I will let it go this time. Please start working on the details immediately. You may leave now."

Relieved that Abhimanyu had calmed down and was managing the situation, Niki nodded her head respectfully and slowly began to back away. "Sorry again, Sir. Thank you, I will immediately start on the details."

With Niki gone Abhi apologized to the stake holders for all the problems and continued on with the presentation.

~**~

SCENE 2:
(Added June 23rd)

~*//Anotheranfan//*~

Back in his cabin Abhimanyu was mulling over how he lost control during the meeting with the stake holders.

Memories flashed through his head and he winced at how callous he had sounded.
"Dr. Nikita aap yaha 15 minutes late aayi hai..."
"Reports kaha hai..."
"Sorry, Sir woh galatise waha reh gayi thi..."
"Dr. Nikita yeh report hai ya class one ka homework..."

Groaning Abhimanyu clutched his head and closed his eyes.

What the heck was I trying to prove? Nikita, because of you, for the first time, I lost control over myself in front of all those important people...I  can't let anything like that happen ever again..

More memories flooded his head.

"Sir, it didn't occur to me that the other 12 doctors not practicing might open clinics of their own soon. That was my mistake. I understand how important this project is and I will immediately get back to work and fix the report..."
"It was completely my fault for overlooking these small details..."
"I am sure with Dr. Modi's help we will soon have a much more detailed report for you..."

Sighing Abhimanyu leans back in his chair folding his hands under his chin.
Aaj bhalehi tumane situation ko sambhala hoga Nikita Malhotra.. lekin main phir bhi tumpe bharosa kabhi nahi kar sakata.. Mere dil ke darwaje maine band kar diye hai aur woh band hi rahenge... Niki tum use khol to kya dekh bhi nahi paaogi.

Once more memories of that humiliating night flash through his mind.

"Mere hote hue tum mere dost ke saath kuch nahi kar sakate..."
"Kya maine tumhare saath jabardasti ki hai niki..."
"Guys woh dekho mermaid..."
"gayi bhais paani me..."
"Thank you Nikita..."

Abhimanyu groaned and rubbed his forehead as if to erase the memories completely from his mind. Standing up he left his cabin and headed towards the ICU to do his rounds and check up on the interns.

~**~

Armaan/Niki Scene
:
(aired on June 24th)

Armaan talks to Niki about how lucky she is that she's not in love because of all the problems it causes. Niki stands there with a heartbroken look on her face as she recalls what happened in the meeting with Abhi which goes unnoticed by Armaan who is busy thinking about his own problems with Ridhima.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT9gY7AnCRc

~**~

Abhi/Ridhima Scene:
(Aired on June 24th)

Riddhima confronts Abhi over his behavior and attitude and asks him whether he's really doing everything for the betterment of Sanjeevani or as revenge against Niki and her friends. She tells him that she knows he still loves Niki, and warns him that if he continues the way he is going he will hurt not only Niki but himself as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhjX81-ZvPo

~**~

SCENE 3:
(Added June 25th)

~*//Erutan99 & Anotheranfan//*~

Abhimanyu stared triumphantly at Armaan's name on the file he had just picked up from the ground. Turning back to Riddhima with raised eyebrows he held out the file to her. "I'm well aware of what goes on around here."

For a second Riddhima stood there frozen before she quickly stepped forward an excuse on her tongue. "Dr Modi, I brought that file up here; I borrowed it from Armaan earlier...you see, I was working on that patient's case yesterday and I thought I'd check up on how he was doing now while I was on my break."

"Really, Dr. Ridhima?" Abhimanyu asked knowing full well that she was covering up for her fianc. Shaking his head and deciding to let it go for the time being he handed her the file.

"Anyways I should go and get back to work; there's a lot to be done. It would be best if after your break you also focus completely on your duties and not on other personal matters. Good day, Dr. Riddhima."

Nodding to the younger intern he turned and headed back to his cabin. Aaj, Armaan, Riddhima ki wajah se bach gaya...mujhe pata hain ki woh tha wahan..... par Riddima ki wajah se main kuch kar bhi nahin saka.....maine use aaise kaise jaane diya.

Memories began to play in his mind of earlier that day. He had been looking for Niki after the meeting only to find Armaan talking to her about love.

"Yaar tuze pata hai...tu bahot lucky hai...tuze yeh pyaar wyaar nahi hua..."
"Meri baat maan tu is pyaar wyaar ke chakkar me pad bhi mat..."

Shaking his head Abhimanyu tried to shove the memories away but he couldn't get the image of  Niki's heartbroken face and tears out of his mind while  Armaan, oblivious, continued to rant.  

"Sirf dard milata hai..."
"Har roj ek imtanhaan...har roj jitana padata hai aur har roj haar maarani padati hai..."
"Tu seriously bahot lucky hai..."

Abhimanyu stopped walking and broodingly leaned against the wall. Ridhima's words starting to echo through his head.

"Sach me aap jo kuch bhi kar rahe hai woh Sanjivani ke acchaai ke liye kar rahe hai..."
"Sach aap bhji janate hai, Dr. Modi...muze pata hai ki aap Niki se pyaar karate hai..."
"Aur uske dostone jo batsaluki aapake saath ki, aap uska gussa Niki par aur uske dostone ke upar utaar rahe hai..."
"Lekin, Dr. Modi, aap jo kuch bhi kar rahe hai Niki ke saath, apane aap ke saath, uska nuksaan sirf aap ko hoga..."

Once more Niki's heartbroken face as she listened to Armaan flashed in front of his eyes while her parting but unheard words to Armaan echoed in his ears.

"Tum sahin keh rahe ho, Armaan...pyaar kaafi mushkil hain aaur usmein uljanein bhi hota hain...aur jab hum us pyaar ko kho dete hain to jaise sab khatam ho jata hain...isiliye sahi yahin hoga ki hum us pyaar ko apne karib aise rakhe ki kabhi jaane na de....chahe kuch bhi ho jaye..."

He closed his eyes trying to block out her face and words but no matter how he tried he couldn't erase the memory of her tears, couldn't forget the heartbroken yet determined look in her eyes. But most of all he couldn't erase the still insistent tug at his heart to go to her and pull her into his arms, to kiss away her tears, to promise her everything...

Memories he had been trying to suppress since the pool incident began to slowly resurface. He remembered how she had mesmerized him during the Kabbadi match. That innocent determined to win look in her eyes had taken his breath away and lost him that round...He could still remember the entranced look on her face after he had helped her with her dress...could still feel the utter longing for her that had surfaced within him the first time he brushed her hair back and completely lost himself in her eyes...could remember the triumph he had felt when he saw how concerned she was when he was hurt in the boxing match...how entranced with her he was when she helped him home and stayed to nurse him afterwards... 

His lips turned upwards in a soft smile as the memories continued to play. Her asking him to stay for her sake at the party when he was about to leave; that had been the first time he felt that she might be ready to finally accept her feelings for him. But then she didn't come with him even when he waited for her in his car. Abhimanyu's smile faded slightly at the remembrance but then he recalled how worried she'd been the next day. How she had gone and desperately searched for him during the riots, and how upset and scared for him she'd been after his fight with the goons. He remembered how gorgeous she had looked when she came to meet him at pool...remembered how she nodded and whispered a barely audible "hain" to everyone of his questions...and then her friends arrived.

The smile on Abhimanyu's face vanished.

"Guys yeh dekho mermaid..."
"Gai bhais paani me..."
And throughout all that humiliation she didn't say a word...

Rubbing his forehead as if to rub away the memories Abhimanyu found himself scowling angrily again. "Love brings nothing but pain...it isn't worth it..."

"You are wrong, Dr. Modi." Abhimanyu looked up in surprise to find Padma Gupta standing in front of him with a kind motherly smile on her face.

"I'm sorry?"

Padma shook her head with a sad smile. "Dr Modi, love is worth any price. No matter how much pain it causes in the end it's worth everything. This beautiful emotion is so strong that it overcomes any and all hurts. It allows you to smile and feel as if everything is alright. It gives you the strength to bear whatever pain is necessary just for the sake of that special person."

Still talking Padma caught a glimpse of Ridhima sadly passing from one ward to other one. Staring in the direction her daughter had passed she found herself softly continuing without even realizing what she was saying. "Even if your loved one hurts you, even if everything looks as if it's falling apart, true love is about still fighting for it. Understanding and forgiveness is what makes this emotion so powerful. We are all humans and bound to make mistakes but love is about accepting that person despite all those mistakes. It's because we love someone so much that we unintentionally hurt them the most. It doesn't mean that love isn't worth the pain though. Forgiveness is also a part of it. And once forgiven the love becomes even stronger."

Snapping out of her trance Padma turned her attention back to Abhimanyu. "Dr. Modi, pyaar ekhi khubsoorat aehasas hai jisme aap dukh me bhi has sakate hai aur galatiya aasani se bhula sakate hai..."

Smiling softly at the brooding young man, Padma slowly backed away. "I should get going. I came here to see Shashank and he'll be waiting for me." Abhimanyu looked up startled out of his trance. "Take care, Dr. Modi." He nodded politely and watched her walk away.

"Oh, Dr. Modi," Padma paused and glanced back over her shoulder. "Don't give up on your love. You'll never realize what your missing if you do."

For a few moments the senior doctor continued to stand there with the ex-nurse's words of wisdom echoing through his head.

"...pyaar ekhi khubsoorat aehasas hai jisme aap dukh me bhi has sakate hai aur galatiya aasani se bhula sakate hai...galatiya aasani se bhula sakate hai... galatiya aasani se bhula sakate hai..."

Sighing tiredly, he slowly resumed walking to his office. Was it really the best decision trying to remove every trace of Niki from his heart? He wasn't so sure anymore.

~**~

Cabin Scene:
(Aired on June 25th)

Abhi bumps into Niki in his cabin and they share an eyelock. He later tells her to come to his house at 8pm so that they can go over the files since he has a meeting that he has to attend at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mpMP6orr9E

~**~

Niki/Ridhima Scene:
(Aired on June 25th)

Niki tells Ridhima about Abhi inviting her to his house to discuss the file. The two talk and Ridhima comforts Niki and advises her to follow her heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsUDSg2D75A

~**~

SCENE 4:
(Added June 23rd)

~*//Erutan99//*~

Niki leaned against the wall surrounding the terrace on top of Sanjeevani. Eyes closed she savored the feel of the cool wind against her exhausted body. For a few minutes she let herself be at peace and forget the upsetting events of the week.

"Dr. Nikita. What are you doing out here?" Niki jumped in surprise. Spinning around she came face to face with Abhimanyu. Lost in thought she hadn't heard him approaching. For a few seconds Niki stood there frozen lost in his eyes.

"Dr. Nikita, I asked you why you're out here." Abhimanyu snapped pulling Niki out of her daze.

"I'm taking a five minute break, Dr. Modi," she answered softly. Turning her back to him she turned her gaze towards the stars. "I needed some fresh air."

She heard him walk up behind her but refused to look over. "Taking a break or wasting time."

Niki spun around in disbelief. For a second anger flashed across her face. Taking a deep breath she calmly looked him in the eyes. "As far as I know we are allowed to take our breaks however we want, Dr. Modi." Fire flashed in her eyes daring him to contradict her. "Or is taking breaks against the rules now?"

Abhimanyu stared at her stony faced. "Taking short breaks is fine as long as you don't shirk your duties, Dr. Nikita."

"I have been working nonstop this entire week-" Niki started.

"And that's your duty as a doctor. If you didn't want to work so hard you shouldn't have chosen this as your profession," Abhimanyu snapped coldly.

"I never said I didn't want to work. In fact I haven't complained at all! Not even when you-" Niki abruptly cut herself off. For a few seconds she and Abhimanyu stood their frozen staring at each other.

"Not even when I what, Dr. Nikita?" Abhimanyu asked taking a threatening step closer to her.

Niki closed her eyes and took a deep calming breath. "Nothing, Dr. Modi." Looking away she wrapped her arms around herself defensively for a second before straightening up and looking him straight in the eyes. "Excuse me if I spoke out of line, Sir." That said Niki brushed past him and headed towards the door only to come to an abrupt stop as Abhimanyu grabbed her hand as she walked past.

"Leaving already?"

Niki swallowed hard unable to pull away. "I'm returning to my duties, Sir, as you've implied quite enough that you don't think I'm working hard enough."

For a few seconds neither moved nor said a word. Niki wanted nothing more than to turn around and throw herself into his arms, but unfortunately she'd lost any right to do so. Finally Abhi took a few steps closer to her and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. "I'm sorry," he whispered burying his face into her hair.

A soft sob escaped Niki's lips and she melted into his arms. "I'm sorry too," she whispered back. Placing her smaller hands on top of his on her stomach she slowly laced her fingers with his.

"We've hurt each other a lot..." he whispered tightening his hold on her. "But no more..." Abhimanyu brushed a gentle kiss across her bare shoulder. Niki gasped and pressed herself closer to him. "I won't hurt you anymore," he finished.

Tugging one of Abhimanyu's hands loose, Niki placed a sweet kiss in the center of his palm before cradling it to her heart. "Me either. I promise."

Abhimanyu pulled his hand away and turned Niki's face towards him. Brushing away her tears he leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead. The two shared a tender smile, love shining in both their eyes before Niki turned around once more and leaned contentedly back into his arms. Abhimanyu in turn wrapped his arms possessively around her, and for a few moments the two silently watched the stars just happy to be in each others arms again.

Closing her eyes Niki leaned her head back against Abhimanyu's chest, a sweet smile on her face. "Abhi..." she whispered.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Niki glanced down to find her pager going off. When she looked up again she was alone. Spinning around she almost called out his name before reality sank in and she realized that he'd never been there. Closing her eyes she wrapped her arms around herself protectively and sank to her knees in grief. For just a few blissful moments she had been his again and she wanted so badly to return to that fantasy.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Her pager going off again once more brought her to reality. Slowly she glanced down at it: Abhimanyu Modi. For a few seconds Niki continued to stare at the name before finally standing up. Closing her eyes briefly she took one last shuddering breath before wiping away any stray tears and straightening out her clothes. Having pulled herself together again she silently headed towards the door and back to her nightmarish reality.

~**~

SCENE 5:
(Added June 30th)

After a long meeting with the board of directors, Abhimanyu tiredly returned to his cabin. The meeting had thankfully gone well with the Board members being pretty happy with the progress made in the new Sanjivani project. With this thought it came to him that he should probably start heading home as he had called Nikita over to go over the detailed project report with her.

Still he continued to sit in his chair thinking about what had happened earlier that day...why had he acted so stupidly when she had bumped into him earlier in his cabin...he wasn't suppose to care about her anymore...she was his past...nothing more than a distant and distasteful memory...then why had he let himself become enchanted by her again today...why? Frustrated Abhimanyu rubbed his temples before abruptly pushing his chair back and standing up.

Niki's beautiful face filled his mind...her eyes full of guilt and sadness...NO-he couldn't think like that-Not beautiful nor sad-just guilty...for what he was unsure...perhaps for bumping into him or maybe because of what had happened between them?

With this thought memories of the last time she had visited him at his house filled his head. That time he had lost control of his anger and kissed her in revenge. Abhimanyu winced at the memory covering his eyes with one hand. He shouldn't have done that. Even now he regretted that action. He had taken advantage of her, acting in the exact way that Armaan had falsely accused him of. The insults he regretted as well but he just couldn't help himself...every time he saw her a fierce burning rage overtook him and he'd loose sight of everything else but her...and all he wanted at that moment was to hurt her as badly as she had and still was hurting him.

The scowling doctor began to pace the length of his office as more and more bitter thoughts filled his head. She hadn't said a word...her friends had always come between them and she had never said a word in his defense but this time it was just too much...how much was he suppose to bear for her...even he had his limits...yes, he had loved her but no more...she had made it clear that her friends were and always would be more important than him...if they were her choice then she should have told him right away instead of leading him on.

Faster and faster he paced as memories of her filled his head: how she had asked him to stay for her at Shubankar and Keertis' sangeet...how worried and scared she'd been after his fight with the goons...the way she had responded to his touch...how she had entwined her fingers with his...the way she had closed her eyes trusting him blindly when he had leaned down to kiss her...how she had almost confessed to him near the pool before her friends arrived...

Abhimanyu came to a stop in front of his desk and slammed his fist onto the tabletop in anger. Lies! All of it lies! Nothing but an act...if she had truly cared then she wouldn't have let her friends do what they did...she wouldn't have stood there silently and watched them humiliate him...she would have defended him when they had accused him of taking advantage of her...

For a minute Padma's words from earlier that day echoed in his mind.

"...pyaar ekhi khubsoorat aehasas hai jisme aap dukh me bhi has sakate hai aur galatiya aasani se bhula sakate hai..

...galatiya aasani se bhula sakate hai...

...aasani se bhula sakate hai..."

Leaning over his desk Abhimanyu closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Maybe you could forgive the person you loved but he didn't think he could ever forgive Niki...how could he? No, it was better that he focused on his career and just forgot anything related to her...

Again Padma's words rang in his ears, and Abhi bowed his head in defeat. Maybe he couldn't forgive her...but perhaps he could stop trying to hurt her...no more insults or taking his anger out at her...yes, this much he could do...provided that Niki kept her distance and didn't try anything.

Glancing at his watch and realizing he needed to get home, Abhi briskly began scooping up his files wondering at the same time what had possessed him to invite her to his house of all places. Shaking his head he firmly resolved to uphold his decision of not taking his anger out on her anymore and to treat her like a regular intern; nothing more, nothing less. For a second Abhimanyu paused wondering what he would do if Niki tried anything...shaking his head once more he decided that he'd have a  talk with her about what was and wasn't allowed between them; they're relationship would be strictly professional from this day forward.

A knock at his door pulled him out of his thoughts. The head nurse walked in and handed him a few more files. Thanking her and gathering the rest of his stuff he headed out the door and towards the parking lot. As he reached his car, he paged Niki to remind her of their 8pm meeting.

~**~

"Date" Scene:
(Aired on June 29th)

Niki goes to Abhi's house to discuss the new Sanjeevani files and tries to apologize while there. She holds Abhi's hand at one point and he explodes in anger at her accusing her of trying to seduce him, and  tells her to get out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyzrvdP6fk

~**~

Niki's Scene:
(Aired on June 29th)

Niki decides to leave Sanjeevani for good. While she's packing her diary falls out and she has a flashback of a cute moment she shared with Abhi where the two were flirting with each other. Niki's alterego appears and tells her no matter where she goes she will always love Abhi. Her alterego pleads with her not to give up on her love. In the end Niki decides to stay and see how far Abhi will go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ591LTjhG8

~**~

Suman Latha Dalmia Entrance Scene:
(Aired on June 30th)

Niki arrives at Sanjeevani cheerful after having made her decision to stay. Abhi tells the interns that he will have a new associate to help him on the new Sanjeevani project, Suman Latha Dalmia, who will arrive in a few minutes. Suman arrives in a comical manner and turns out to be quite the character much to the amusement of the interns. She also ends up falling for Abhi at first sight much to his chagrin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoq9S5tl80

~**~

Abhi/Suman Scene
:
(Aired on June 30th and July 1st)

Niki and the rest of the Sanjeevani staff and interns spy on Suman and Abhi. Later to get rid of Suman Abhi assigns Niki to help her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhJxtqRhAk

~**~

Niki/Suman Scene:
(Aired on July 1st)

Suman follows Abhi around and he tells Niki to help her. Suman tells Niki she's in love with Abhi and begs her to help her win him over. Niki deciding to get back at Abhi for all the times he's bothered and worried her agrees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCTvo8O8MLE

~**~

Car Scene Scene:
(Aired on June 30th)

Niki advises Suman to get a lift from Abhi to her house and Suman drags Niki along for the ride. On the way the three stop at a Coconut milk stall and Niki tells Suman to get Abhi to share a drink with her. Suman accidentally drops the coconut on Abhi's foot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAvfzmr9o9s

~**~

SCENE 6:
(Added July 2nd)

~*//Erutan99 & Anotheranfan//~

"Hume ghar tak chodane ke liye shukriya ji," Suman said beaming at Abhimanyu as she got out of the car. Abhimanyu relieved to see her leaving gave her a tight lipped smile and nod before  immediately driving away as fast as possible and leaving the strange girl standing on her driveway waving after them.

Niki who had been taking great pleasure in watching Abhimanyu's discomfort from the back seat was highly annoyed when she realized he had started driving again without even inviting her to move up to the front. Before she could make a fuss, though, Abhimanyu pulled over to the side of the road and came to a stop.

"Dr. Nikita, please, move up to the front," he neutrally addressed Niki while keeping his eyes firmly on the road.

A small smile lit up Niki's face at him acknowledging her before she managed to pull on a nonchalant expression again. This was her chance; her golden opportunity to get a reaction out of him; her chance to find out if despite everything he still loved her, still cared for her, still wanted her...

"It's alright, Dr. Modi. I'm fine right here; please continue driving."

Abhimanyu growled in frustration before turning in his seat. "Dr. Nikita, I'm not your driver. It's already really late; please don't waste anymore of my time."

"Dr. Modi, I'm not the one wasting time, here. Come on, let's go."

Abhimanyu scowled in annoyance. "Nikita, I'm warning you. Come sit in the front...or else..."

Niki raised an eyebrow and with a challenging look in her eyes leaned back against her seat. "Or else what, Dr. Modi? What will you do, hmm? Leave me on the side of the road?"

Shooting her a glare Abhimanyu pulled off his seat belt and got out of his car. Walking around the car he opened the back door and pulled Niki out by her arm only to have her loose her balance and stumble into him. For a second the two froze lost in each others eyes with Abhimanyu's hands around her shoulders holding her steady. Coming out his trance, he immediately released her and stepping away opened the front passenger door gesturing for her to go in.

A pleased smile graced Niki's face at the realization that she still had an effect on Abhimanyu before she once more decided to push his buttons. Moving away from the car, she smiled at the senior doctor. "Thank you very much, Dr. Modi. But I think I'll take an auto from here."

Frustrated and at the end of his rope, Abhimanyu grabbed Niki by her arm before she could walk away and forced her to sit down in the car. "Enough! Bahot nakhare kar liye ab chup chaap baitho." Closing the door firmly he walked back over to the drivers side and got in. "Not a word out of you until we get to your house," he ordered with a fierce look before pulling on his belt and starting the car.

For a while there was silence in the car. Abhimanyu kept his eyes on the road as he silently ranted about Niki in his head. First, she makes me give that nutcase a lift; then she forces me into sharing a drink with Suman which ends with my  foot getting  mauled; now she's showing me attitude and wants me to let her go on her own at this late hour to catch an auto! What is wrong with this girl?!

Without realizing it he voiced his final thought out loud. "What game are you playing now, Nikita?" Niki lost in her own thoughts looked up in surprise at the sudden interruption to the silence.

"What?"

Realizing he had spoken aloud, Abhimanyu sat up straighter and keeping his eyes straight ahead repeated the question. "Do you take me for a fool, that I don't see what you're up to?"

Eyes narrowed, Niki glared at him defensively. "What are you going on about?...What exactly do you think I'm up too, hmm?"

"Up to...!" Abhimanyu snaped. "Don't play dumb! You...and Ms. Dalmia..." The frustrated young man snapped his mouth shut and pulled to a stop staring straight ahead. Niki looked up and realized that they were at her house. Still she didn't move, waiting for him to continue. But Abhimanyu refused to look at her or continue the conversation.

"Dr Nikita, aapaka ghar aa gaya hai. Please go now; I'm already really late..." Shooting him a disappointed glance, Niki got out of the car and with a nod of thanks began walking up her drive. Remembering the last time Abhimanyu drove her home and how he refused to leave until he had seen her safely enter her house, Niki paused and glanced back over her shoulder. Nothing. There was no one there. Bitter disappointment filled her and Niki forced herself to keep walking. He could have at least waited till she had made it to her door.

Reaching her door she once more glanced back hoping beyond hope that she had just somehow missed him before. But, no, the road was empty and devoid of life. Head hanging low, Niki unlocked her door and slowly walked in. Shutting it behind her, she let herself fall back against it in defeat. Memories of the whole day flashed in front of her eyes...it had been an emotionally tiring and hectic day...who knew pretending not to be affected by the man you love could be so draining...and on top of that acting like her normal cheerful self all day...it was harder than it looked...

She had made a decision...the decision to stay and see to what length Abhimanyu could go to in hurting her...and that decision had given her the strength and resolve to become her cheerful self once more...meeting Suman had been an added bonus. The girl's infatuation with Abhi was the perfect weapon to get back at him for all he was putting her through...

...Still, it hurt...hurt so much...why hadn't he waited...did she really mean nothing to him anymore...Sliding to the floor tiredly she wrapped her arms around her legs and rested her head on top. Abhi tum aaise kyu ho...itana gussa karate ho...main sorry hun fir bhi...

Outside, a sleek black car pulled out from under the shadow of a tree. Abhimanyu took one final glance towards the house to make sure the troublesome girl had indeed gone in before driving away.

~**~

Lift Scene:

(aired on July 2nd)

Niki finds Suman frightened on the lift. After calming her down she convinces her to ask Abhi out on a date. Abhi enters in on them exactly as Suman promises Niki not to tell Abhi anything about what they're up to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRyGDxcrzVc

~**~

SCENE 7:
(Added July 3rd)

"Kya nahi batayenge aap muze?"

Niki swallowed hard as she stared into Abhimanyu's challenging face. Beside her Suman began to tremble slightly in fear. "Woh ji...main ji...woh..." she stammered out but neither Abhimanyu nor Niki paid her any heed as the two continued to stare each other down. 

Hands on his waist he walked into the lift and came to a stop in front of Niki. "What won't you tell me?" he repeated in a deadly tone not taking his eyes off of her once.

Still stammering Suman began to nervously edge away from the fuming doctor and out of the lift. Out in the corridor finally Suman turned and tried to make a run for it only to stumble and trip over a wire causing the doors of the lift to slide shut.

A lift repairman reached over and steadied her quickly. "Madam aapako laga to nahi?"

Suman still trembling from her encounter with Abhimanyu and Niki began shaking her head as she continued to back away from the lift. "Nahi ji...hum thik hai..." she stammered out before taking off as fast as she could. For a few seconds the repairman continued to watch after her in confusion before shaking his head and resuming his work not noticing the loose wire.

Meanwhile Abhimanyu and Niki locked in their stare off were oblivious to everything around them including the lift doors closing after Suman's hasty exit. Knowing that she had been caught but refusing to give in, Niki tried to come up with some excuse to get herself out of this situation.

"Well...um...that is..." she stammered out.

"That is what, Dr. Nikita?"

Pulling herself together Niki stood up straighter. "Look, you're only the boss of Sanjeevani. What Suman and I were talking about was personal, and I don't think it's necessary for you to know." That said Niki crossed her arms across her chest and gave the taller man a challenging look.

Abhimanyu growled and took a step closer to her. "Personal...I don't think so. Nothing is personal during work hours, Dr. Nikita." Taking another step closer he glared down at her. "And as for Suman...what do you think you're playing at? I know full well that she's only chasing after me because of you. Stop trying to corrupt her as well."

"Corrupting her! Corrupting her! I'm not corrupting her, just helping." With each indignant statement Niki took a step closer until she was glaring up into his face.

"Oh, really!" Abhi snapped back lowering his face to glare into her eyes.

"Yes, really! You were the one that told her to come to me with her problems or did you forget, Sir." She snapped emphasizing the "sir" part sarcastically.

Furious at having his own actions tossed back in his face Abhimanyu grabbed Niki by the arms and spinning her around pinned her to the wall of the lift. "What game are you playing now? Didn't you learn your lesson last time?!"

Niki glared at him in fury before calming herself down. For a few seconds she just stood there trapped between the wall and the man she loved. Staring into his furious but pained eyes she wanted nothing more than to take that pain away. Pushing away from the wall she placed both her hands flat against Abhimanyu's chest drawing herself closer to him. "I wasn't playing any game with you last time," she whispered sincerely. "Abhi..."

Abhimanyu released her pushing her away before spinning around and heading towards the control panel. "That's Dr. Abhimanyu Modi to you, Dr. Nikita," he called coldly over his shoulder as he pressed the button for the 2nd floor. When nothing happened he pressed it again. Again the lift didn't respond. Confused Abhimanyu pressed the button to open the lift doors. The doors refused to open. Niki who had been dejectedly standing in the exact same spot with her head bowed looked up as Abhimanyu began to curse and start pushing all the buttons. When again nothing happened he reached over and pulling out the emergency phone dialed for help.

"This is Dr. Modi...yes, I'm in the lift with Dr. Nikita...a problem...how soon...fine..." Slamming the phone shut he spun around in anger and pointed a finger at Niki. "This is all your fault!"

Coming out of her dejected state Niki stood up straight and glared at the fuming male. "My fault? How is this my fault?!"

"...because of you, I'm stuck in here and will be late to a very important board meeting!"

Stunned Niki walked up to Abhimanyu and pushed his finger aside. "You're always angry...exactly what are you hiding behind that anger of yours?" she asked repeating his words from weeks ago.

Taken aback by the question Abhimanyu looked away. "I'm not hiding anything..." he replied hesitantly before walking past her to lean against the wall on the opposite end of the lift.

For a few minutes Niki just stood there staring at him with Abhimanyu refusing to meet her eyes. "Are you really over me, Abhi," she asked softly, vulnerably.

Head shooting up in surprise at her words, for a few stunned moments he just stared at her. Staring into his eyes Niki walked closer until she was standing in front of him again. "Do I really mean nothing to you anymore?"

Still stunned Abhimanyu opened and closed his mouth several times unable to respond. Suddenly behind Niki the lift doors slid open. Seeing this Abhimanyu quickly stepped around her and out the doors leaving a depressed yet slightly hopeful Niki behind.

~**~

SCENE 8:
(Added July 3rd)

Suman wandered around Sanjeevani looking for Niki. She wanted to apologize for getting her in trouble with Abhimanyu earlier that day but so far Niki was no where to be found. Stopping to glance in the interns' locker room she noticed Riddhima sitting preoccupied on a bench. Remembering something she had meant to ask Niki, she decided to just ask Riddhima instead before she forgot. 

Riddhima had been sitting silently on the bench for a while lost in thoughts of Armaan, her upcoming wedding, Armaan, if she should forgive Armaan or not, Armaan... So lost was she in thought that she didn't even notice Suman come over and sit down next to her.

Suman shot her a slightly nervous look as she hadn't really talked with her yet, but she had heard that Riddhima was one of the sweetest doctors in Sanjeevani. Twisting her dupatta nervously she cleared her throat loudly trying to get Riddhima's attention.

At the sudden noise Riddhima jumped and glanced over at Suman. "Ridhimaji, kya aap meri madat karenge," Suman asked with a hesitant smile.

"Hmm..." Riddhima nodded her head absentmindedly as she returned her attention to her lap once more loosing herself in her own thoughts.

"Dr. Abhimanyuji kisi ke saath nahi hai na...matlab woh kisi ko pasand to nahi karate na..." This question had occurred to Suman as she had been wandering about looking for Niki. Dr. Abhimanyu Modi was such a handsome and wonderful doctor that it occurred to her that he may already have someone...She knew that Nikita would have mentioned it if he did but she wanted to double check just in case Nikita wasn't aware of it either.

Riddhima still engrossed in her own worries answered without thinking, "Actually, Dr. Modi Niki se pyaar karate hai aur woh bhi unse..."

Eyes wide Suman nearly fell off the bench in shock. "Kya?! Lekin Nikitaji ne to kaha ki woh unko bilkul bhi pasand nahi karati, aur woh aur Abhimanyu ji baat bhi nahi karate..."

Ridhima still lost in her own thoughts answered her absentmindedly. "Arre woh to unse pyaar karati hai...bas aaise hi kaha hoga usane...abhi unke bich me bahot bada misunderstanding hua hai, isiliye dono zagad rahe hai...to gusse me kuch bhi keh diya hoga..."

"Wakai? Phir Nikitaji mujhe Abhimanyuji ka pyaar paane ke liye madat kyu kar rahi hai..." Suman asked standing up in indignation which finally got Riddhima's full attention.

Realizing in horror that she had just revealed everything to Suman about Niki and Abhimanyu's feelings when they hadn't even told each other Riddhima stared at the brightly dressed girl with wide eyes. Suddenly Suman's words registered and she stood up in shock. "Kya?!"

Suman nodded vigorously. "Haan, Nikitaji mujhe Abhimanyuji ka pyaar paane ke liye madat kar rahi hai...lekin agar woh unse pyaar karati hai to woh meri madat kyu kar rahi hai..."

Riddhima groaned and sat back down rubbing her forehead in frustration. Yeh pagal ladaki kya kar rahi hai... Suman ko Dr. Modi ko paane mein madat...kyu?

Deciding she'd confront Niki later she smiled at Suman trying to placate her. "Sumanji, Dr. Modi aur Niki ke bichme ek bahot badi misunderstanding hui thi aur ab un dono ke bich haalaat kafi tense hain. Haalaat itane bure hai ki Dr. Modi Niki ko yeh aehasaas dila rahe hai ki woh usase pyaar nahi karate...Lekin sach to yehi hai ki woh ab bhi usase bahot pyaar karte hai. Unki aankon mein yeh sach saaf dikhaai deta hai..."

Noticing Suman's still confused and highly disappointed expression Riddhima stepped forward placing her hands on Suman's shoulders. "Sumanji, probably Niki yeh find out karane ki koshish kar rahi hai ki Dr. Modi usase pyaar karate hai ki nahi... Agar woh karate hai to woh apake karib nahi aayenge. Lekin agar nahi to woh shayad aapase..."

Understanding dawned on the previously sad face of the other girl. Smiling she began to nod. "Ok, Ridhimaji. Hum sab samaz gaye...aap chinta mat kijiye...hum aapke bahot aabhari hai...aapane hume sab sach sach bataya..."

Surprised at having appeased the strange girl so quickly, Riddhima hesitantly smiled at her and excused herself.

Walking back out into the corridor Suman aimlessly began to walk in the direction of her cabin. Main to itani beautiful aur intelligent hun to Abhimanyuji to mere paas aayenge hi...leking agar woh waqai Nikitaji se pyaar karte hain to phir woh meri taraf dekhenge bhi nahi. Mujhe unhe friendship ke liye puchane se pehle unse aur Nikitaji se baat karake sach pata karana padega...Mujhe to koi bhi mil sakata hai...lekin agar Nikitaji aur Abhimanyuji ek dusare se pyaar karate hai to main unke bich nahi aungi. Main unki madat jaroor karungi...Unhone bhi to meri kitani madat ki hai...

Coming to a decision Suman changed her direction and once more began to search for Niki.

~**~

SCENE 9:
(Added July 4th)

Abhimanyu had been looking through a file as he walked back to his cabin when he glanced up and noticed Suman up ahead looking impatiently for someone through the corridors. He gulped nervously as her words from the night before echoed through his head.

"Aap alag kyu le rahe hai ji...Saath me hi pi lete hai..."

"Woh kya hai na saath pine se friendship badhati hai...Hum friends hai na..."

Deciding he really didn't want to face her right now especially since he was quite sure Niki had set her up to try to woo him, Abhimanyu quickly glanced about and ducked through the nearest door.

Niki entered the corridor in time to watch Abhimanyu duck into a supply closet much to her amusement and confusion. Noticing Suman disappearing around a corner she immediately walked over and pulled the door open with a mischievous smirk. "Sir, what are you doing in here?!" Niki called out in a loud cheerful voice trying to catch Suman's attention "Are you-"  

Before another word could escape her lips a hand slapped over her mouth and she was dragged into the closet as well. Niki squirmed and tried to kick Abhimanyu who immediately wrapped his arms around her in a restraining manner. "If you want me to let you go then stop moving and be quiet!" he hissed at her struggling to hold her still and muffle her angry cries.

As soon as he released her Niki spun around ready to attack him. Abhimanyu stepped back to escape her wrath only to trip over a box sitting on the floor. Falling back against the wall he reflexively grabbed Niki and ended up pulling her into his arms.

For a few moments the two stood there frozen loosing themselves in each others eyes. In that moment all the memories of the past couple of weeks vanished along with all the hurt and heartache. Once more it was just the two of them. Love and passion shone in both their eyes as they continued to stare at each other completely mesmerized. Slowly Niki reached up and brushed her fingers across Abhimanyu's cheek as if to make sure he was really there. Without breaking eye contact Abhimanyu closed his hand over hers entwining their fingers together before bringing her hand down to rest over his heart. Tears filled Niki's eyes and smiling she moved forward to rest her head against Abhimanyu's chest before letting her eyes flutter shut in contentment. Abhimanyu in turn wrapped his arms possessively around the beautiful girl and pulled her closer resting his head on top of hers and closing his eyes as well. In that second it was just the two of them...

"Nikitaji?"

Abhimanyu and Niki instantly jumped apart as the door to the closet flew open to reveal a curious Suman. Suman had thought she had heard Niki in the area and had been looking through all the rooms along the corridor. Now finding both Abhimanyu and Niki in the closet she shot them a questioning look. Surely a closet wasn't the best place to hold a discussion...?

Finally out of his trance Abhimanyu furiously stomped away the strong urge to shut the door in Suman's face and pull Niki back into his arms. He was furious at himself for forgetting everything and giving in to her so easily. What was wrong with him?! Shooting Niki a cold glare he told her to get back to work before pushing her aside and brushing past Suman in his rush to get as far away from Niki as possible.

Suman blinked in confusion at Abhimanyu's hasty and rude exit before she once more turned her attention to Niki. "Aap dono yaha kya kar rahe the ji?"

Niki still dazed from the moment she had shared with Abhimanyu glanced unseeingly at Suman. "Hum yaha ek file discuss kar rahe the," she answered quietly. Shaking her head she also moved to exit the closet. "Main tum se baad me milati hun, abhi muze jara ek urgent kaam hai..." That said Niki wandered slowly away leaving a slightly depressed Suman behind.

~**~

SCENE 10:
(Added July 5th)

Niki walked out onto the terrace still in a daze from the earlier events. Sitting down on a bench she tilted her face up to catch the rays of the sun as a small smile crept onto her face. She could still see the tender look in his eyes as he gazed down at her; could still feel his arms wrapped possessively around her; was still relishing in the safety and warmth being close to him brought...He still cares...

"Nikitaji," Suman called out taking a seat next to Niki. She had followed her out and now seeing the utterly blissful expression on her face her suspicions regarding the head of Sanjeevani and this charming intern were mostly confirmed. "Aap Dr. Modi se pyaar karati hai na...?"

Niki still lost in her own thoughts of Abhimanyu, softly answered without thinking. "Yes...yes...bahot jyada...I love-"

Niki cut off abruptly as she became aware of who exactly she was talking to. Turning her head in shock she came face to face with Suman. Slowly the smile faded from her face only to be replaced by a look of horror. Standing up abruptly she turned away from the sadly smiling girl. Niki wrapped her arms defensively around herself taking a few steps away from Suman. "No...no...I don't...yeh aap kya...kya keh rehi hai...?"  

For a few seconds Suman just watched Niki with a thoughtful look as she stammered out half-hearted excuses. Smiling she stood up as well. Walking over to Niki she grabbed her hand effectively silencing her.

"It's ok ji...Mujhe Dr. Ridhimaji ne sab bataya..."

Niki blinked at the smiling girl trying to process her words..."Riddhima...? But...what...?"

Suman vigorously nodded her head. "Ridhimaji bahot achhi hain. Unhone mujhe sab sach sach bata diya. Vaisaybhi Dr. Abhimanyuji itane achhe hai...Mujhe to pehle hi samajh lena chahiye tha ji, unke paas koi hogi hi..." 

"Suman-"

Suman held up a hand cutting her off. "Mujhe pata hai...aap dono zagad rahe ho ji. Magar jab hum gussa hote hai na ji to sabse jaada galat faisale lete hai..." Here Suman paused and gave Niki an understanding look. "Jaise ki aapane liya ji...mujhe madat karaneka...Abhimanyuji ka pyaar mujhe dilwaane ke liye..." Niki bowed her head in shame cheeks reddening with guilt.  "Nikitaji, aapako boora mananeki jaroorat nahi hai ji. Ridhimaji, unhone bataya muze sab...Abhimanyuji abhi bhi aapse pyaar karate hai ki nahi yeh jaanane ke liye aapane yeh sab kiya...Kyunki agar woh pyaar karate hai to mujh jaise itane sundar aur buddhiwaan ladaki ke bhi karib nahi aayengena ji..." 

Niki's head shot up at Suman's explanation and she winced realizing Ridhima must have covered for her. Shaking her head at the knowledge that Ridhima would be demanding an explanation later she reached forward and grabbed Suman's hands in apology. "Suman, I am so sorry...Meri wajah se..."

Suman just shook her head. "Its ok ji. Aur aap pareshaan mat hoiye...Main aapaki madat jaroor karungi Abhimanyuji ka gussa thanda karane me..." 

"Kya?!" Niki dropped Suman's hands and took a half step away from her. "N-n-no-no..." Taking a deep breath she smiled sweetly at the other girl. "Mera matlab...Suman, it's ok. Ek din Abhimanyu aur mere bich me sab thik ho jaayega. Lekin hamara zagada, hum donoko hi suljhana hoga na...It would be best if no one else is involved..." 

"Lekin ji..."

Niki shook her head and Suman fell silent. "Suman, thank you...sab samajhne ke liye thank you." Suman nodded her head beaming. "Mujhe ab duty pe chalana chahiye..." Giving her one last smile Niki turned around and headed back into the hospital.

Suman watched Niki walk away and smiled to herself. "Woh chaahe ya nahi mujhe phirbhi Nikitaji ki madat karanihi padegi...Abhimanyu ji ke baare me pata karana hi hoga..."

Decision made Suman followed Niki back into the hospital.

~**~

SCENE 11:
(Added July 6th)

Suman snuck down the hall ducking down corridors and into doorways every time someone glanced her way. Ignoring the odd looks she was receiving she waited until the coast was clear before peaking into Abhimanyu's cabin. Seeing no one in there she tried to stealthily open the door only to push it too hard causing it to fly open with a bang. Wincing she dashed in and slammed the door shut behind her before anyone could spot her. Leaning with her back pressed against the wall she began gulping in deep breaths of air waiting for a few minutes to make sure no one would follow her in.

Quietly she tried to make her way across the room only to trip over her sandals and stumble into Abhimanyu's desk. Wincing in pain she pulled herself back up and moved around the desk to start searching through it. "Agar Abhimanyuji aaj bhi Nikitaji se pyaar karte hai, toh unki koi toh nishaani unke paas zaroor hogi...shaayad koi chitthi...tasveer...kuch bhi...sirf koi chij jo ye saabit karde ke woh Nikitaji se ab bhi pyaar karte hai..."

Opening each drawer Suman rifled through all their contents only to come up with nothing. Discouraged after finding nothing in the last drawer either she shoved it close only to accidentally shut her finger in. "Ouch!" Whimpering she jumped up and began shaking her hand about knocking some of the things on the desk over before sticking her finger into her mouth in the hopes of elevating the pain.

It was while trying to nurse her injured finger that her eyes fell on it. At first she didn't realize what it was but a second glance had her coming to an abrupt stop. Forgetting her pain for a moment she reached over and slowly picked up the lovely earring where it had fallen out of one of the knocked over items.  "Yeh Nikitaji ka hai...yaa kisi aur ka?" Suman continued to stare at the earring in fascination turning it from side to side in the hopes it would somehow reveal its origins.

A sudden noise had her glancing up only to see Abhimanyu entering the cabin. Dropping the earring in shock she jumped back only to trip over the chair.

"Ms. Dalmia?"

Suman scrambled to her feet trembling and stammering out apologies. "Sorry ji...Dr. Abhimanyuji...woh...mera matlab mein..."

"Ms. Dalmia, meri abhi meeting hone wali hai," Abhimanyu interrupted quickly while gesturing to the men who had entered behind him. "Agar apko kisi cheej mein madat chahiye to phir aap Dr. Nikita se jakar pooch lijiye."

Suman vigorously nodded her head grateful that Abhimanyu hadn't caught her going through his things. "Ji, Dr. Abhimanyuji. Mein jaakar Dr. Nikitaji se madat manglongi ji. Thank you ji." That said Suman fled past the surprised men and out the door.

Abhimanyu sat at his desk reading through some important files. His meeting had ended an hour ago and now he was catching up on some other cases that he had been neglecting while concentrating on the new Sanjeevani project. Rubbing his eyes tiredly he glanced down at his watch and decided to take a few minutes break. Gathering up all the files he moved them to the side.

A glittering object on his desk caught his eye. Moving aside some more files he uncovered Niki's earring. Startled at coming across it so suddenly Abhimanyu reached forward and slowly picked it up. Leaning back against his chair he stared at the earring as memories slowly filled his head. Niki looking so stunning as she danced at Armaan and Riddhima's Roka ceremony...how she had dropped her earring...picking it up and keeping it as a reminder...

Other memories soon followed. Niki asking him to hold her hand and stay with her all night during Holi...how innocent and vulnerable she had looked at the time making him want to protect her from everything...the time he had stroked her hair after her presentation...how she had leaned into his touch...holding her when she became scared of the dark...not wanting to let her go...how beautiful she had looked that night by the pool...how she had almost confessed...and then...her friends arrived...and she stayed silent...

Growling Abhi slammed the earring down onto the desk. Resting his elbows on the desktop he slowly massaged his temples. "Why can't I just forget her?"

"I can answer that."

Abhimanyu's head shot up at the sudden voice. Standing in front of him with a gorgeous smile on her face was none other than the girl that had been haunting his thoughts. "What...what are you doing in here?"

Giggling Niki blew him a kiss before spinning in a giddy circle. "Abhi...Abhi...Abhi. I am so happy today."

Abhimanyu shook his head in an effort to keep from becoming mesmerized by her. "But...what are you doing in here?!"

Niki smiled softly at him as she placed her right hand over her heart. "I've always been here, Abhi. I never left..." Abhimanyu passed a hand over his eyes as if to block out the truth of the words. When he looked back up Niki was gone.

Furious at himself for daydreaming about her again Abhimanyu pushed away from his desk and stood up. Slowly he began to pace the room. Honestly, this was ridiculous. He was not going to think of her anymore. No way, no more.

Still he couldn't stop himself from remembering what had happened earlier that day in the closet. The relief and joy of having her back in his arms...how all the pain and hurt in that moment had vanished...the love and passion shining in her eyes...

Abhimanyu came to a halt in front of his desk and slowly picked Niki's earring back up. Staring at it longingly he closed his eyes for a second and just for a moment allowed himself to relish in the memory. God, but he missed her...

His eyes flew open at this thought and to his surprise he found himself once more staring into Niki's eyes. Unable to decide if she was really there or if this was another twisted daydream he turned his back to her while simultaneously dropping the earring back onto his desk. "Can't you knock before entering?" he snapped.

"Sorry, I needed to talk to you."

Deciding that she was the real thing, Abhimanyu turned back to face her nodding at her to continue. Niki took a step closer to Abhimanyu a determined expression on her beautiful face. "Why do you keep running away from me..."

Shocked at the question Abhimanyu just stood there gaping for a few seconds. "Excuse me, Dr. Nikita-"

Niki only shook her head refusing to let him continue. "You're still in love with me."

Abhimanyu fiercely lashed out at the accusation ignoring the stinging truth in the words. "Dr. Nikita, don't forget that we are at Sanjeevani right now and that I am your boss."

"And you don't forget that I can read you like an open book...and you still love me,"
Niki snapped back.

Furious Abhimanyu grabbed Niki by her shoulders pulling her close. "You keep forgetting that you are nothing more than an intern here. You mean nothing to me!" Niki's eyes filled with tears as Abhimanyu pulled her closer to emphasize his point. "This is my last warning, Dr. Nikita. Stay in your limits or I will take action against you." That said the furious man pushed her away and turned his back to her.

"If I really mean nothing to you then why do you have this?" Niki whispered hoarsely as she picked up the forgotten earring.  Holding it out towards Abhimanyu she stared at him with challenging eyes. "This is mine. If I mean nothing to you then why keep this?"

Abhimanyu glared at her coldly. "I kept it to remind me of my mistake...but I was just about to dispose of it..."

"Abhimanyu," she choked out. "I'm sorry. Please...I...you mean everything to me...I can't...can't go on like this..." stepping forward she took his hand and pressed it to her heart. "I'm so...so sorry. Please...please, forgive me."

Abhimanyu jerked his hand away and Niki let her head drop in defeat, silent tears sliding down her cheeks. "I mean everything to you, huh? Really?" Rolling his eyes he turned away from her again. "I know you too well. The only ones that mean everything to you are your friends."

Niki looked up shaking her head pain clearly visible on her face. "Abhi..."

"How can I mean anything to you when you can't even talk with me in public without feeling embarrassed? How can I mean anything to you when you're too ashamed to even acknowledge me in front of your friends? Is this what you mean when you say that I mean everything to you?"

Tears rolling down her cheeks faster Niki continued to shake her head. "I was scared and confused...you made me feel things I'd never felt before...want things that I'd never wanted...long for something I wasn't even aware of...I need you in my life...please, please don't let me spend the rest of my life aching for you. Abhi, please forgive me..." Trembling Niki reached out as if to place a hand on Abhi's shoulder only to let it drop in defeat knowing he wouldn't let her touch him...

Abhimany finally turned to face her, his face expressionless. Crossing his arms across his chest he walked closer to Niki. "Fine...I'll forgive you." Niki's head shot up hope beginning to sparkle in her eyes. Abhimanyu held up a hand stopping her from saying anything. "But only if you tell me exactly how you feel in front of everyone." Niki stared at Abhimanyu in shock as he waited for her reply. When after a few moments she still hadn't said a word he shook his head in disgust and headed for the door.

"I told you, Nikita, I'm no one's fool. Don't waste your time playing these games with me. They won't work anymore. It's best if you concentrate on your work." That said Abhimanyu quickly left his office and made his way to the Nurse's station where the other interns were gathering for the briefing session.

Lost in thought he didn't notice Niki come running after him out of breath.

"Wait..."

The other interns stopped talking and turned to look in shock at Niki's tearstained face. Suman who was passing by also paused in surprise at the sight. Abhimanyu came to a halt and slowly turned around to face her.

"Niki!" Armaan rushed over to his best friend wrapping a comforting arm around her. "What happened?" The other interns rushed over to help as well.

"Niki," Muskaan placed a comforting hand on Niki's shoulder before turning to glare at Abhimanyu. "What did he do now?"

Niki shook her head in protest as Suman came over to stand next to Abhimanyu frowning worriedly. "Abhimanyuji, kya howa ji?"

"Enough! This is a hospital and I don't have time for your games. Unless you all want red marks on your reports you will instantly stop this nonsense!" Abhimanyu snapped scowling furiously at all of them. "I am going to start the briefing in five seconds. Whoever isn't there can walk out of Sanjeevani their selves..."

Point made Abhimanyu had barely turned around when Niki spoke up. "You know what your problem is? Tum gussa bahot karate ho..."

"Dr. Nikita-"

Niki shook her head cutting him off. "Tum sirif yeh nahi janate ki gussa sirf apanose hi hote hai..." Pulling away from her friends she walked up to Abhimanyu until she was standing in front of him. "This is what you wanted, right. For me to apologize to you in front of everyone and say that I-"

"Niki, what are you saying?" Armaan quickly moved forward and pulled the distressed girl behind him. "You don't need to apologize to him for anything. In fact, he should be the one apologizing to you!" Armaan told her glaring at Abhimanyu challengingly.  

Abhimanyu stared at Armaan in annoyance. Once more he was standing between them. Glancing one final time towards Niki to see if she would continue he shook his head in disappointment before turning around and walking towards the briefing area. 

"No," Niki sobbed out pulling out of Armaans hold.

"Niki..."

"Please," she whispered tearfully staring into her best friend's eyes. "Please, let me deal with my own life..."

"Lekin Niki..." Armaan reached forward to touch Niki's arm only to have her flinch away. The others watched in shock and confusion as she once more called for Abhimanyu to wait.

"I'm sorry...for everything...for not stopping the others from insulting you that night...from not standing by your side...for hurting you...I'm so...so sorry."

"Niki..." Armaan tried again to stop her but she only shook her head turning to face him and the rest of her friends.

"He never took advantage of me," she stated turning to look each of her friends in the eye. "He's always watched out for me...taken care of me..."

Abhimanyu continued to stand there with his back to all of them unable to move. Turning away from her friends Niki slowly walked over and hugged him from behind. "I'm sorry. Please, forgive me."  Burying her face into his back she clung desperately to him. "Tumhara gussa aur bardasht nahi hota. Whenever you call me Dr. Nikita, it feels as if someone is twisting a dull blade in my heart. I can't stand the thought of you being angry at me anymore. Please, Abhi. I will take any punishment you give me, do anything you ask of me, just please...mujhe maaf kardo."

Abhimanyu closed his eyes and slowly wrapped his hands around Niki's where they were wrapped around his waist. Unable to stop himself he slowly entwined his fingers with hers and pulled her closer a soft smile spreading across his face.

"I wanted to run away..." Niki whispered pressing herself closer to Abhimanyu for comfort. "Wanted to get as far away from you as possible...but how could I...even if I managed to leave you how was I supposed to make my heart understand? How?"

Abhimanyu slowly pulled away from Niki and turned to face her. Reaching forward he hesitantly brushed away her tears before letting his hand rest against her cheek. Niki raised her own hand and placed it on top of his leaning into his touch. "I love you."

Smiling at her tenderly Abhimanyu leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I'm sorry too. Maine bhi tumhe bahot sataaya hai..." Wrapping his other arm around her he pulled her close. "Lekin ab nahi. I'll never hurt you again..." Joy filled Niki's eyes as Abhi raised Niki's hand up to his lips and kissed it tenderly before pulling her into an embrace. Softly he whispered the words she most wanted to hear. "I love you, too."

Tears of happiness slid down her cheeks. Slowly she pulled away and looked up into his eyes, pure love and passion shining in them mirroring her own. "Abhi-"

The smiling man cut her off by pressing a finger to her lips. "Ab bhi tumhari jaada bolaneki problematic aadat nahi gayi..."

Noticing the mischievous gleam in Abhimanyu's eyes Niki pouted cutely before playfully punching his cheek. Abhimanyu chuckled and pulled the blushing Niki back into his arms. With a content sigh she buried herself into his embrace relishing in the feeling of being in his arms. This was where she belonged...she was finally home...

Behind the blissful couple Suman began to cheer while Riddhima smiled seeing the two of them finally happy. Walking up to Armaan she grabbed his hand and pulled at him to face her. "See," she whispered with a smile. "I told you they loved each other." Armaan turned back to look at the embracing couple again, Niki contentedly wrapped in Abhimanyu's arms. "She's finally happy, Armaan. Don't let your rivalry with Abhimanyu ruin your best friend's happiness?" Armaan turned back to Riddhima and squeezing her hand nodded in understanding.

Turning around to face the other interns and staff that had gathered around to watch he began ushering them all away. "Come on everyone back to work. Let these two have their moment."

"But, Armaan...?" Muskaan started in surprise.

Riddhima just shook her head. "Muskaan, look at Niki. She's finally happy." Muskaan and the others once more looked over to the happy couple.

Anjali nodded in agreement. "Ridzy is right, Muskaan. She truly looks happy." Smiling at the couple one last time she wrapped an arm around Muskaan and began leading her away. Slowly the others also began to return to their duties.

Atul mischievously walked over to where Niki and Abhimanyu were standing still holding each other. "Sir, this is a hospital and you're a senior doctor. What do you think you're doing?"

Not even bothering to break eye contact with Niki he only pulled her closer leaning down to rest his forehead against her. "Dr. Atul, get back to work. Otherwise-"

Atul didn't even wait for Abhi to finish as he dramatically spun away and started singing.

"Yeh laal Rang kab mujhe..."

~**~

~The End~

~**~

Edited by Erutan99 - 14 years ago
AWESOME scenes guys :D
omgsh
cant wait for more
and pri i never knew of ur writing talent !
the scenes seem so realistic :D
Originally posted by fizzazaza

AWESOME scenes guys :D
omgsh
cant wait for more
and pri i never knew of ur writing talent !
the scenes seem so realistic :D

well its not just me... ivy helped out in giving finishing touches .. wait for her scene.. its really nice :)

fizza i also wrote scene after the wedding episode before niki goes to abhi's place... well its on page 2 :) wanted to continue that but then didnt feel like it as it wouldnt have been AN like ...
Edited by anotheranfan - 14 years ago