CK Part 3 - bangle protection started - pg 36 (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 38

eljay

IF-Veteran Member

eljay

Posted: 23 June 2009 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Venue: Thirukastsandhya mandapam, chennai

Date: June 31, 2009

Time: 10 p.m to midnight

What: Nalangu for Ganesh and Nallukutty

Conducted by IF members, led by eljay, assisted by Roja, eclat, Jas, Srima, Aish, Niti, Meli, Atina, Jagdu and others.

Directions to mandapam: 

Take any vehicle and get to the Beach.  Once you get there, look for the Uzhavar statue.  Once you get to the statue, look for the Kannagi statue and proceed there.  At the Kannagi statue, take 16 steps due east, then 34 steps due North.  Start digging.  Soon you will find a large slab.  Lift the slab, take Jagdu's help if needed.  You will find a flight of stairs leading down.  Go down the stairs and keep going till you find the stairs going up.  At the end, you should see another slab.  Push this slab and you will find yourself in the mandapam. 

What next?  Await the next part to find out.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

malligaiNitipprojapooooMeena.IFMP_Radhasmlaksh

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "CK Part 3 - bangle protection started - pg 36 (Page 7)" in Fun Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

malligai

malligai

Posted: 23 June 2009 at 8:26am | IP Logged

Very well done  eljay.

Slab heavy ya illa

eclat

IF-Veteran Member

eclat

Posted: 23 June 2009 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Thanks for the directions Eljay.  I am going to take Jagdu's help... i wouldnt want to spoil my sari...:)

eljay

IF-Veteran Member

eljay

Posted: 23 June 2009 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
Nallu came running home, and her parents were concerned.  Ennamma, why are you running like this? asked her mother, and she replied, Oh amma, I am so worried.  These IF people are arranging my nalangu.  Oh, that's great, said her mother.  Will they take care of all the arrangements?  At least that's one worry off my shoulders if they will take care of it.  You are so lucky to have such good friends, she said, and Nallu replied, Amma, you wouldn't say this if you knew them!  They do the wierdest things in the name of fun and start rolling on the floor every time they get a chance.  Oh, you mean they like to do angapradakshinams?  asked her mother.  Ayyo, illaima, they roll on the floor and laugh.  Aah, then they must belong to the humor club, said her father.  Do you know if they meet regularly and where?  I will bring my humor club members also and we can all do this together.  Ayyo, appa, this is not a humor club, these people are members of an online forum and love to have a good time, except that it is probably at my expense, said Nallu. 

Her mother said, Well, Nallukutty, after marriage, you must be prepared for jokes at your expense during the nalangu.  This is the best part of the wedding, so this is to be expected.  Don't worry, this is all in fun, so it will be a relaxing time for you and Ganesh.  Amma, you will never understand, Nallu said to herself and went to her room to find a good tight churidar and kameez to wear for the nalangu.  Her mother came in and said, Ama, Nallukannu, nee indha cream color sari ya illai blue sari kattipiya indha nalangu timele?  Illaina you can wear the designer sari in purple with the Svarovsky crystals.  Acho, amma, you don't know these people.  If I wear a sari with crystals in it, they are capable of uruvifying the crystals, if I wear a sari, they are capable of making me a Draupadi out in public, so a churidar kameez is best.  Then wear the new ghaghra choli, suggested her mother.  The ghaghra in pink, with the halter top choli, with all the kundan work, will look so nice on you, and you know Ganesh loves to see you in pink.  Besides, you know how the blouse has all that work in front, and it will look so nice when you carry the dupatta in your hands, and show off all that work, which cost me nothing less than Rs. 16,000.  Amma, please, I will wear it for the reception, but not for the nalangu.  You don't know these people, esp RP and LJ and some other people.  Nallu added silently to herself, I would have to be a fool to wear a ghaghra, esp after reading the last CK of RP, who knows what she will make me do during the nalangu.  I must insist that Ganesh wear a sherwani and not a pattu veshti, when these people are around. 

Just then, the phone rang.  Nallu looked at the number, it was Ganesh.  Hi, my dreamgirl, he said.  Hi, she replied shyly.  What are you doing, are you getting ready for bed? he asked.  Yes, she said.  Me too, and all I can think of is you these days, and then he started singing, Anubavam pudhumai ... (Sorry, Nallu, it was the only song I remembered!) and hugged his pillow, and she hugged her pillow, and sang along with him, they kissed their pillows, and they both drifted off to sleep.

Join me tomorrow to see what happens next!

Edited by eljay - 23 June 2009 at 7:55pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

NitipprojapooooMeena.IFeclatsmlaksh

eljay

IF-Veteran Member

eljay

Posted: 23 June 2009 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
Okay, now let us go to Malaysia!  Roja is busy throwing clothes into a suitcase.  She tosses in a green sari, hesitates, then pulls it out and tosses in a midnight blue designer sari with kundan work, then pulls it out and tosses in a bright yellow sari with zari work, then tosses it out and at this point, Mr. RP cannot take it any more.  What is going on, he asks her.  You have been packing and unpacking for the last two hours, where are you going and what is causing this tension in you, he asks.  Uh oh, wrong questions!  Roja looks at him, flashes an angry warning, and the poor man hides behind his newspaper.  A few minutes later, he cautiously peeks out to see her packing her blue, yellow and green saris, matching sandals, bags and jewelry, and wonders where she is headed.  A night out with those crazy girls from IF, he wonders?  She is almost out of the door before she turns and tells him, By the way, there is food in the fridge for you.  I am going to chennai for two days, to attend a friend's nalangu, and will be back, so don't even think of having fun while I am gone!  Before he can recover from the onslaught, Roja is gone in a whoosh!  Habbaa, Heaven help the poor couple, he thinks, as he cheerfully whistles a tune and goes to the wine cabinet to take his favorite drinks and relax.

Another part of Malaysia - Hosanna is nervous, wondering what to do.  Should she go to this nalangu, or should she beg off?  Maybe she can use her work as an excuse, or maybe she should give it a try and go with Roja.  But what if Roja has some crazy ideas up her sleeve?  Oh well, eljay is supposed to be organizing this, and surely prim and proper eljay is not going to let Roja do anything crazy.  Okay, what the heck, let's give it a shot, she thinks, and packs her bag and leaves for the airport, after giving the Bishop a detailed list of instructions to follow during her absence.

We will visit Sue's house tomorrow, folks.

Edited by eljay - 23 June 2009 at 7:58pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

NitipprojapooooMeena.IFsmlaksh

rojapoooo

rojapoooo

Posted: 24 June 2009 at 12:54am | IP Logged
wow Eljay attagasamaana start - ipdiyellam pesi antha green
sari yai repossess panna idea vaa?? Wink Roja kku ellam one way
thaan - ponaa varaathu, pozhuthu pona nikkathu.

@ Meena - first PM from you - asking about how I convinced
Niti - any guesses?? Wink

Meena.IF

IF-Dazzler

Meena.IF

Posted: 24 June 2009 at 1:05am | IP Logged
LOL
Originally posted by Nitipp

Originally posted by Arjun_Meena

More time to go before Jay is replaced by Arjun...

More games with Jay??? I'm ready...

Meena...I don't think it would take that long for the replacement. Let me know if you need any tips or suggestions...we are all there to help you out dear...WinkWink

Indha vishyathula ellam nanga ushara irupmla... Big smileendha helpum vendam.. naane paathukaren...  romba thanks... Big smile

Roja akka,

Aiyo yen enna officela maati viduringa.. LOLUnga CK padichitu loose madhiri thaniya sirichitu irundhen...ROFLROFLROFL

Jay vilayatula enakum oru part kuduthadhuku romba sandhosham.. thanks... It was very good to be a part of the game.. Aduthavangala vechu comedy panni sirikaradhe oru thani sugam...LOL

Saapida polamnu sonnadhum nan kilabiten.. adhan reply late a panren... I insist Jay should also take Mangoes, sari padhi dhane... Afte all baby showers, i think Jay is tired.  Niti neeyuma???

Eljay,
Nalangu means ellam games irukum dhane.
Both Singing, the bride and groom dressing up the each other, then appalam udaikaradhu, grabbing and rolling the coconut, pon oonjal (irundha super a irukumnu ninaikaren) ellam dhane... Apuram, when the bride and the groom is about garladn each other, their frinds and others lift them so that they cannot garland. Idhuvum venum..

waiting for Nalungu... Will dress up and come there quickle.. But i can't take a ride to the mandapam in my new vehicle?? oh no.. its ok...  I will be in time..

eljay

IF-Veteran Member

eljay

Posted: 24 June 2009 at 7:11am | IP Logged
Sue's house in Malaysia - Sue is giving instructions to Nair bhaiya - No, no, I need the bigger bag, or else I can only take three sets of jewelry.  I also need the new saris, let me see - I can take the red one which you liked so much last week, then the blue one with kundan work which I can wear with my kundan jewelry, then the black one with the gold border which goes so well with all my jewelry, then ... Nair bhaiya interrupts - Sue moLay, don't you think it is a safety risk, carrying so much jewelry?  Sue says, cheta, don't worry, Roja is traveling with us.  Nair bhaiya keeps quiet, he knows better than to say anything about any of Sue's IF friends.  Besides, if he says something about Roja, who knows what his fate will be in her next CK?  He carries out the suitcase, huffing and puffing, to the waiting taxi, and then waves a cheery Goodbye to Sue.  After the taxi has pulled away, he calls his children and they make plans to have a night on the town while mom is away. 

Vani19, Caryn and Karthi also have their bags ready.  Vani has packed her bags with all the goodies her mother has made, and Caryn and Karthi have packed theirs with liquid refreshments, as well as a few off-shoulder blouses!  We are waiting to see what Netra decides to do.  In the meantime, the taxi arrives, and Vani's mother and Caryn and Karthi's mother chime in at the same time - Don't forget to check out any interesting guys, get their names and addresses and most important, their phone numbers.  The mothers are treated to glares from the young ladies, who get into the taxi and drive off.  Just as the taxi starts moving, Vani's phone rings.  It is Netra, who has decided to join them, but just for one day, so she will be flying in separately.

We are going to visit Singapore after this, so until then, Ciao!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nitippsmlaksh

Post Reply New Post

Go to top