Page 4 of 6

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 6
Page 5 Page 6

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 12 June 2009 at 2:49am | IP Logged
Another scenario is that of close relatives who were separated at birth and met only as adults. In some cases, when they first meet, they develop sexual attraction towards each other and go ahead with a sexual relationship. There's been quite a few media sensations about this.

The thing is, children who grow up together, or at least those who spend the early critical stage of their lives together, become desensitized to sexual attraction towards each other (Westermarck effect). The same is not necessarily true of close relatives who only meet as adults.

Because they met only as adults, their perspective of each other would be very different from regular siblings or parent-children who have known each other all their life. They probably feel like strangers who met and fell in love. The attraction may be due to the inherent similarities in each other (obviously due to the genetics).

Interesting situation I'd say.

Edited by Kal El - 12 June 2009 at 2:57am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Your opinion on Incest (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 June 2009 at 3:11am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 12 June 2009 at 12:52pm | IP Logged

The shocking case of Austrian Josef Fritzl, found guilty this week of holding his daughter captive for 24 years and fathering her seven children, has focused new attention on incest which is a crime in itself in Austria even if the acts are consensual. But in the Fritzl case it was in connection with rape, homicide and other charges that led to a sentence of life in a secure psychiatric ward.

Laws exempting parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters from prosecution for incestuous acts if they are not forced upon adult family members are decades old in France, Spain and Portugal.

Currently all forms of incest in Romania are punishable by up to seven years in prison. But Romania's Justice Ministry suggests the new legislation would move the country which joined the European Union two years ago closer legally to some other EU members.

"Not everything that is immoral has to be illegal," said Justice Ministry legal expert Valerian Cioclei. "We cannot help these people by turning them into criminals and punishing them."

"If brothers and sisters want to have fun, why should they be imprisoned? It is nobody's business what I do in my bedroom," Ionut Breazu of Cluj told the Associated Press.

"Imagine how can one explain to a child that his father is also his grandfather?"

Gr8888888888...world is changing......what to say these type of people.......let them do whatever they want!!!Confused

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 12 June 2009 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
I think cases of incest are rarer than HS, but there is no similarity because many people who are homosexual are naturally that way while I am not sure if there is anything like people who are bound to commit incest. It's the choice of both people in this case.
Also, like many have said, it depends a lot on cultures, since in some there are marriage of cousins allowed.
I personally (only my own opinion) find it disturbing when I hear cases of father-daughter or bro-sis marriage, although it's none of my business. So my view is it's different from being homosexual (the couple does not have blood relations), so I do not approve of it and think it should be illegal YET I think a punishment like death is too harsh, why don't rapists get death sentence( these crimes are so much more heinous in my opinion)
But it happens, and not always you come know.....and when it said are you going to support or not...in 99% of cases no one comes to know..(although incest cases are extremely rare)

Edited by VirgoVixen - 12 June 2009 at 2:02pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 12 June 2009 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

The shocking case of Austrian Josef Fritzl, found guilty this week of holding his daughter captive for 24 years and fathering her seven children, has focused new attention on incest ' which is a crime in itself in Austria even if the acts are consensual. But in the Fritzl case it was in connection with rape, homicide and other charges that led to a sentence of life in a secure psychiatric ward.

This is actually a crime...cos helding her captive is rape and this is sickDead

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 13 June 2009 at 11:40am | IP Logged
I for one will NEVER support incest. One of my ex-close friends was going out with this guy from Pakistan who was her cousin and the amount of debates we had on it was unbelievable! I'd argue that it's just not natural and WRONG!! Strangely though, her own 2 parents were first cousins! and guess what, due to that she's had problems since childhood. She has to visit the hospital atleast once a month and at the moment she has to choose whether or not she wants to get an operation done on her eyes. It's things like these which make me hate the word incest. Why should their kids have to suffer for their parents choices? Yes it's just a small % but still quite a significant one..

Being someone who has minor thalassemia, I wouldn't be able to forgive my parents if both of them happened to have thalassemia(which would make me a major) meaning I would have to have blood tests every month! :(

I was very shocked to read a FF here not too long ago, which was made by a south indian I think where they were saying that marrying cousins is quite normal :O and what was the justification?..to keep the money in the family! :@

Edited by hindu4lyf - 13 June 2009 at 11:48am

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 13 June 2009 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by VirgoVixen

I think cases of incest are rarer than HS, but there is no similarity because many people who are homosexual are naturally that way while I am not sure if there is anything like people who are bound to commit incest. It's the choice of both people in this case.
Also, like many have said, it depends a lot on cultures, since in some there are marriage of cousins allowed.
I personally (only my own opinion) find it disturbing when I hear cases of father-daughter or bro-sis marriage, although it's none of my business. So my view is it's different from being homosexual (the couple does not have blood relations), so I do not approve of it and think it should be illegal YET I think a punishment like death is too harsh, why don't rapists get death sentence( these crimes are so much more heinous in my opinion)
But it happens, and not always you come know.....and when it said are you going to support or not...in 99% of cases no one comes to know..(although incest cases are extremely rare)

I might be a lil confused here. i think most people are talking about bro-sis or mother-child relationships as incest. Over here even first cousins getting married is incest, hell it's the same blood at the end of the day!OuchNow cousins getting involved in relationships is def. NOT rare. There's actually a statistic on the BBC website that says something like just in the Pakistani community 56% (approx.) of marriages are between cousins! :|

Ok yeah fine live and let live, but why destroy your childs life? (or bring any sort of such harm to it!)

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 13 June 2009 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
@ hindu4lyf - sorry to learn that U have Thalassaemia minor but thank ur stars that its just minor & not major. My friend who has T major needs blood transfusion repeatedly abot once every 3 weeks.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top