Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

NaughtySon

NaughtySon

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
As the author of this thread points out, with time, people will start accepting incest, just like they have started to accept homosexuality. Thanks.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Your opinion on Incest (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 10 June 2009 at 2:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

What consenting adults do in their bedroom/private lives is none of my business. We must also consider that the very definition of incest varies among cultures. Cousin marriages are normal in some and abhorred in others for example. In some cultures marriage within the same tribe or clan maybe considered incest. Even here it sometimes depends on who is considered part of the tribe and who isn't. In other cultures it is a matter of caste and whether or not the culture is matrilineal or patrilineal. Often an uncle/niece or aunt/nephew relationship would be allowed (even encouraged) while the same is considered immoral in other cultures. Back in the 19th century UK was still fighting over whether it is incest for a man to marry his brother's widow or for a man to marry his deceased wife's sister.

Frankly I am not bothered as much by consenting adults engaging in incest as much as I am concerned about the offspring since inbreeding has a scientific link to increased frequency of congenital defects. This is of course a problem with heterosexual incest. The homosexual variety is quite free from this concern. I am not entirely sure if the psychological issues wouldn't be bad  (for the child that is). 

I don't like how incest is often punished by prison sentences. I mean there are far more serious crimes that deserve that kind of attention and money/resources than some harmless adults engaging in 'kinky' behaviour in their bedrooms. 

I think the medical issues will eventually be solved and some day we will be able to detect and correct congenital issues during the pregnancy.
very well put indeed !

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 10 June 2009 at 2:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

My views on incest are pretty similar to Kal-El.

Personally, the idea of incest to me is disturbing. It probably stems from the way we are brought up to view incest. ...
....I do not think incest can be really evaluated as natural or unnatural. How we perceive incest is a sociopsychological concept. ....
....Sexual attraction is a natural part of human growth. However, we are socially conditioned to define what such attraction should be. ....

Its all about social conditioning . Our perception of what is normal or abnormal is also conditioned.

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 10 June 2009 at 2:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NaughtySon

As the author of this thread points out, with time, people will start accepting incest, just like they have started to accept homosexuality. Thanks.
welcum to a free new age society Evil Smile

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 10 June 2009 at 4:15am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

corvette

IF-Rockerz

corvette

Posted: 10 June 2009 at 9:27am | IP Logged
I'm aghast!

I am intrinsically against the idea of incest and am amazed at the "live and let live" attitude towards it here! Maybe I'm just too old!!!!

Tolerance is great and all that...I wonder how you'd feel if you caught your siblings having sex, or your parents having sex with one of your siblings?????

"Consenting adults" "harmless adults" "kinky fun" is not something I would relate with incest.

I also dont  classify cousins marrying as being incestuous - too close for comfort for me persoanlly - but not incestuous.

Incest for me is sex between people that have a blood connection - close at that - parents, children, brothers, sisters, probably even grandparents and immediate aunts and uncles if I had my way. But not cousins, or with relations made through marriage say as opposed to "of the blood"

There is a betrayal of trust, of boundary that is pivotal to incest that is so base line repulsive...particularly if the incest is between an elder and minor.

I dont feel the same repulsion at all for people who are homosexual - I dont believe anybody goes out of their way to ask to be homosexual - I do believe they are probably genetically programmed to be of that disposition

But I do not believe the same of people who practice incest - that is just pure selfishness, complete disregard for the sanctitiy of the most fundamental realtionships upon which most people build their life foundations, and nothing but plain wrong. 

Such people should be kept awy from children - period.

AngryMMGAngry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AllonsyGeronimoBeyond_the_Veil

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 June 2009 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Thank you for your replies everyone. However, I'd like to make one thing clear. I am in no way a supporter of Incestuous behavior, so please don't think I am just because I opened this topic. I was just curious because I often wondered why HS behavior is accepted while Incest isn't. Not that I publicly condemn either, but they are both said to be something that someone is born with, so how is one right while the other is wrong?

As for Incestuous behavior, I am of the opinion that Incest is when one has relations with either of their parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts/uncles, but I don't feel cousin marriages are incest. That's just how I was brought up.

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 10 June 2009 at 10:09am | IP Logged
I neither suport HS nor incest . BTW why have U excluded cousins from the list? recessive genetic traits can B passed on to any progeny arising out of first cousin relationship too !

Post Reply New Post

Go to top