Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 8:32am | IP Logged

After reading the replies in the Homesexuality Debate started by Labib, it seemed to me that most people don't have a problem with homosexuals and are accepting of them in general. It's agreed between a lot of members that homosexuality is something that someone is born with, and cannot be helped.

So I wanted to know all of you debaters' opinion on incest. Isn't incest also something someone is born with? A person suddenly doesn't create "that kind of feeling" for a member of their family. But incest is illegal while homosexuality isn't. So in the context that people can't help how they're born with certain feelings, how is incest wrong if homosexuality isn't?

(Please don't take my questions in the wrong way.Embarrassed I'm merely curious about your opinions on this subject, and don't mean to diss anyone's beliefs.) 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Your opinion on Incest" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 9:08am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 9:27am | IP Logged

If I m not mistaken HS & Incest both R illegal in many countries

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 9:56am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Perfangel5655

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 10:26am | IP Logged
can any1 tell what relations R included besides immediate relatives?

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
What consenting adults do in their bedroom/private lives is none of my business. We must also consider that the very definition of incest varies among cultures. Cousin marriages are normal in some and abhorred in others for example. In some cultures marriage within the same tribe or clan maybe considered incest. Even here it sometimes depends on who is considered part of the tribe and who isn't. In other cultures it is a matter of caste and whether or not the culture is matrilineal or patrilineal. Often an uncle/niece or aunt/nephew relationship would be allowed (even encouraged) while the same is considered immoral in other cultures. Back in the 19th century UK was still fighting over whether it is incest for a man to marry his brother's widow or for a man to marry his deceased wife's sister.

Frankly I am not bothered as much by consenting adults engaging in incest as much as I am concerned about the offspring since inbreeding has a scientific link to increased frequency of congenital defects. This is of course a problem with heterosexual incest. The homosexual variety is quite free from this concern. I am not entirely sure if the psychological issues wouldn't be bad  (for the child that is). 

I don't like how incest is often punished by prison sentences. I mean there are far more serious crimes that deserve that kind of attention and money/resources than some harmless adults engaging in 'kinky' behaviour in their bedrooms. 

I think the medical issues will eventually be solved and some day we will be able to detect and correct congenital issues during the pregnancy.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Perfangel5655Beyond_the_Veil

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
My views on incest are pretty similar to Kal-El.

Personally, the idea of incest to me is disturbing. It probably stems from the way we are brought up to view incest. In all practicality though, I think if two consenting adults wish to engage in a sexual relationship it is their choice. I'm not concerned by it. There is no reason why it should be illegal or immoral.

My only concern is congenital defects. The royals were known to suffer mental ailments and other psychiatric and physical disabilities due to inbreeding. If an incestuous couple does not conceive or can consult with a doctor before conception to reduce such risks then even that is not an issue.

The concept of incest is very relative too. A lot of North Americans feel that relationships with relatives once or twice removed is incestuous. On the other hand many cultures still marry within cousins, including many parts of southern USA. In my own community in Goa/Karnataka many marriages are arranged between first cousins.

I do not think incest can be really evaluated as natural or unnatural. How we perceive incest is a sociopsychological concept. The book 'Cement Garden' deals with the controversial subject of incest. In the book a group of children hide their mother's death to prevent being taken away into the orphanage. They grow up on their own without too many external social influences. When they come of age the brother and sister begin to engage in an incestous relationship - unaware of the norms of society.

Sexual attraction is a natural part of human growth. However, we are socially conditioned to define what such attraction should be.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Those who support & do HS acts, They can support & do these things too!!  Lage Raho!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top