Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

Salman takes on Salman (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

angad4life

IF-Dazzler

angad4life

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunandshine

Originally posted by uknaik99

Salman takes on Salman

Last Saturday, he beat Alisha Singh, Siddhesh Pai and Jai Kumar Nair to the golden hat at the grand finale of the reality show, Dance India Dance.  Then, after  four hours of media interaction, while the rest of the team went off to party, Salman Khan had to rush home because he had an early morning shoot with his namesake.

As part of his winnings, Salman Khan junior got to feature with Salman Khan senior in a promotional video for the superstar's next film, Wanted'Dead or Alive, being directed by Prabhudeva who was a guest on the show.

"The feeling of victory has still to sink in because I've been busy shooting for the last three days," says an excited Salman when you finally get him on the phone.

The biggest thrill for the new dancing star was that the actor who is a favourite after films like Andaaz Apna Apna, Tere Naam and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, remembered him from the show.

"In the video, I'm the one who gets to dance. Salmanbhai only has a brief interaction with me during which we talk about life and where I'm headed. Even off camera, he sat me down and gave me pointers on what to do and what not," says the DID winner.

Main bhi Salman
Although a qualified mechanical engineer, the 23-year-old admits that he's now looking at making a career for himself as an actor.

Ah, so we'll have another Salman Khan in the movies soon? "Not another Salman Khan but one more Salman Khan," he's quick to correct you. "I want to be known for who I am."

That could be a problem given that his illustrious namesake has already been around for over two decades. Would he consider changing his name or the spelling to avoid confusion? "Well, the name on my passport is Slaman Ghouse. I could always use that," he mutters.

Ask him which of the star's lovely ladies he'd like to serenade and the young man plays it safe: "Karisma Kapoor has been my all-time favourite. From the new lot, I don't know."

What women want
The enginner-turned-actor has been getting his share of female attention since the last weekend. "The phone has been ringing non-stop. And there have been so many marriage proposals," he admits shyly. "But I'd rather concentrate on my career. DID was just a glimpse of what I can do."

You update him about the buzz making the rounds that none of the dancers on the show actually came off the streets but were  students of one or the other of the three mentors, Remo, Terrance Lewis and Geeta Kapoor. "Not me, " he protests.

"I was in Bangalore studying for my engineering degree. The only dancing I did was at home while watching videos and at a few corporate shows. Of the masters, I met only  Terrance sir very briefly when I attended his workshop in my city. Geeta ma'am and Remo sir I had never heard of. But now, I'd want to work with Remo sir."

9 out of 10
A week before the DID finale, when we had met him and asked him to rate his chances of winning, Salman had given himself a nine on a scale of 10. Remind him of this and he says, "Yeah, nine for all the hard work I'd put in through 18 grueling weeks.. 1 I left to God and my kismet."

The win has earned him Rs 50 lakh. What does he plan to do with the money? He says, "Donate some and give the rest to my parents. For myself, may be I'll get a fancy mobile."

I dint know the media even changed his Last name from Ghouse to KhanLOL

Also, I read in one of Md. Ghouse's interview that he wanted to become a dancer solely and not an actor. Perhaps, he changed his minds on the setBig smile

I dont think Vrushali/Mangesh/Jai were students of any of the mentors. Dont know about the rest. And now he confesses that he only danced at home in front of the TV (does he imply that he is not a professional dancer). So what is this info on the DID homepageOuch
http://danceindiadance.sify.com/contestants/ghouse/

he said he's done a few corporate shows, which count as professional (and he did not deny that it was professional, he just said he hadn't worked with the mentors beforehand and mostly did small gigs, thus the "i mostly danced in front of the TV"). and he didn't say they were students of the mentors, the interviewer did. he simply stated that he wasnt. Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Salman takes on Salman (Page 3)" in Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sunandshine

IF-Sizzlerz

sunandshine

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angad4life

Originally posted by sunandshine

Originally posted by uknaik99

Salman takes on Salman

Last Saturday, he beat Alisha Singh, Siddhesh Pai and Jai Kumar Nair to the golden hat at the grand finale of the reality show, Dance India Dance.  Then, after  four hours of media interaction, while the rest of the team went off to party, Salman Khan had to rush home because he had an early morning shoot with his namesake.

As part of his winnings, Salman Khan junior got to feature with Salman Khan senior in a promotional video for the superstar's next film, Wanted'Dead or Alive, being directed by Prabhudeva who was a guest on the show.

"The feeling of victory has still to sink in because I've been busy shooting for the last three days," says an excited Salman when you finally get him on the phone.

The biggest thrill for the new dancing star was that the actor who is a favourite after films like Andaaz Apna Apna, Tere Naam and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, remembered him from the show.

"In the video, I'm the one who gets to dance. Salmanbhai only has a brief interaction with me during which we talk about life and where I'm headed. Even off camera, he sat me down and gave me pointers on what to do and what not," says the DID winner.

Main bhi Salman
Although a qualified mechanical engineer, the 23-year-old admits that he's now looking at making a career for himself as an actor.

Ah, so we'll have another Salman Khan in the movies soon? "Not another Salman Khan but one more Salman Khan," he's quick to correct you. "I want to be known for who I am."

That could be a problem given that his illustrious namesake has already been around for over two decades. Would he consider changing his name or the spelling to avoid confusion? "Well, the name on my passport is Slaman Ghouse. I could always use that," he mutters.

Ask him which of the star's lovely ladies he'd like to serenade and the young man plays it safe: "Karisma Kapoor has been my all-time favourite. From the new lot, I don't know."

What women want
The enginner-turned-actor has been getting his share of female attention since the last weekend. "The phone has been ringing non-stop. And there have been so many marriage proposals," he admits shyly. "But I'd rather concentrate on my career. DID was just a glimpse of what I can do."

You update him about the buzz making the rounds that none of the dancers on the show actually came off the streets but were  students of one or the other of the three mentors, Remo, Terrance Lewis and Geeta Kapoor. "Not me, " he protests.

"I was in Bangalore studying for my engineering degree. The only dancing I did was at home while watching videos and at a few corporate shows. Of the masters, I met only  Terrance sir very briefly when I attended his workshop in my city. Geeta ma'am and Remo sir I had never heard of. But now, I'd want to work with Remo sir."

9 out of 10
A week before the DID finale, when we had met him and asked him to rate his chances of winning, Salman had given himself a nine on a scale of 10. Remind him of this and he says, "Yeah, nine for all the hard work I'd put in through 18 grueling weeks.. 1 I left to God and my kismet."

The win has earned him Rs 50 lakh. What does he plan to do with the money? He says, "Donate some and give the rest to my parents. For myself, may be I'll get a fancy mobile."

I dint know the media even changed his Last name from Ghouse to KhanLOL

Also, I read in one of Md. Ghouse's interview that he wanted to become a dancer solely and not an actor. Perhaps, he changed his minds on the setBig smile

I dont think Vrushali/Mangesh/Jai were students of any of the mentors. Dont know about the rest. And now he confesses that he only danced at home in front of the TV (does he imply that he is not a professional dancer). So what is this info on the DID homepageOuch
http://danceindiadance.sify.com/contestants/ghouse/

he said he's done a few corporate shows, which count as professional (and he did not deny that it was professional, he just said he hadn't worked with the mentors beforehand and mostly did small gigs, thus the "i mostly danced in front of the TV"). and he didn't say they were students of the mentors, the interviewer did. he simply stated that he wasnt. Smile

CoolSmile

angad4life

IF-Dazzler

angad4life

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~angelz16~

Ghouse? LOL Wat kind of a surname is that?

Um, i don't really think it's nice to make fun of someone's surname. Even if it's intended as a joke, the fact remains that you are insulting him by laughing at his name. I like his name, its very unique Smile You don't have to like it, but i don't think you need to express that in such a degrading manner Unhappy
lol! Again, I see loadsssss of attitude in this interview which is so irritating. Sucks to the core Dead

Really, because i didn't really see attitude.. i saw a good amount of confidence, but not overconfidence. he didn't say something like "i'm going to be the best actor ever and i'm the next king of bollywood so ya, deal with it people." idk, he seemed pretty darn nice to me. and quite sweet too Tongue but obviously, we see things very differently Smile
One more Salman Khan? LOL Ya, we ll see! Actions shud speak more than words! Here, words are so loud that I got deaf for a min! Unhappy

He's just finished DID, and he's about to start his career afresh. It's been what.. like 2 weeks? and you already expect his actions to speak more than his words? he just WON DID. that doesn't speak for anything? I don't think you should judge his words to be worthless because you haven't even given him a chance to show what he is capable of doing, and who he is capable of becoming. yes, actions should speak more than words. but he needs time to actually live up to what he dreams to be, doesn't he? and he seems to have had a very good start after DID Smile

@sunandshine:-- Thanks for the info. And ppl say Alisha lied about her age LOLLOL I dont remember though seeing wen did she say she was 17! Everyone used to say Prince is the youngest and he is just 17! haha! Prince, you got age competiton LOLApprove

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angad4life

Originally posted by ~angelz16~

Ghouse? LOL Wat kind of a surname is that?

Um, i don't really think it's nice to make fun of someone's surname. Even if it's intended as a joke, the fact remains that you are insulting him by laughing at his name. I like his name, its very unique Smile You don't have to like it, but i don't think you need to express that in such a degrading manner Unhappy
lol! Again, I see loadsssss of attitude in this interview which is so irritating. Sucks to the core Dead

Really, because i didn't really see attitude.. i saw a good amount of confidence, but not overconfidence. he didn't say something like "i'm going to be the best actor ever and i'm the next king of bollywood so ya, deal with it people." idk, he seemed pretty darn nice to me. and quite sweet too Tongue but obviously, we see things very differently Smile
One more Salman Khan? LOL Ya, we ll see! Actions shud speak more than words! Here, words are so loud that I got deaf for a min! Unhappy

He's just finished DID, and he's about to start his career afresh. It's been what.. like 2 weeks? and you already expect his actions to speak more than his words? he just WON DID. that doesn't speak for anything? I don't think you should judge his words to be worthless because you haven't even given him a chance to show what he is capable of doing, and who he is capable of becoming. yes, actions should speak more than words. but he needs time to actually live up to what he dreams to be, doesn't he? and he seems to have had a very good start after DID Smile

You said it, we see things differently! But wat is different here is that we see it in a kind manner towards each other and I am glad about that! So I appreciate wat you said and more so bcoz of the way you said. Smile

ChupkeChupke

ChupkeChupke

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
I dont care whatever you call him, Salman will always be the First DID winner, paccharing professional dancers fully chit.Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

M.S.MLarki_deewani

Larki_deewani

IF-Dazzler

Larki_deewani

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ChupkeChupke

I dont care whatever you call him, Salman will always be the First DID winner, paccharing professional dancers fully chit.Smile

Exactly, there we go..and NO MATTER WHAT people say..he is the first best dancing star of indiaEmbarrassedBig smile

M.S.M

Groupbie

M.S.M

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 5:15am | IP Logged

i love yoooooou salman ...  ghouse is very unique  n interesting  surname

i love you salman ghouse mmwaaaaah

kumkumsepyar

Groupbie

kumkumsepyar

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
good job angelz16. i like it

Post Reply New Post