uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Salman takes on Salman

Last Saturday, he beat Alisha Singh, Siddhesh Pai and Jai Kumar Nair to the golden hat at the grand finale of the reality show, Dance India Dance.  Then, after  four hours of media interaction, while the rest of the team went off to party, Salman Khan had to rush home because he had an early morning shoot with his namesake.

As part of his winnings, Salman Khan junior got to feature with Salman Khan senior in a promotional video for the superstar's next film, Wantedβ€”Dead or Alive, being directed by Prabhudeva who was a guest on the show.

"The feeling of victory has still to sink in because I've been busy shooting for the last three days," says an excited Salman when you finally get him on the phone.

The biggest thrill for the new dancing star was that the actor who is a favourite after films like Andaaz Apna Apna, Tere Naam and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, remembered him from the show.

"In the video, I'm the one who gets to dance. Salmanbhai only has a brief interaction with me during which we talk about life and where I'm headed. Even off camera, he sat me down and gave me pointers on what to do and what not," says the DID winner.

Main bhi Salman
Although a qualified mechanical engineer, the 23-year-old admits that he's now looking at making a career for himself as an actor.

Ah, so we'll have another Salman Khan in the movies soon? "Not another Salman Khan but one more Salman Khan," he's quick to correct you. "I want to be known for who I am."

That could be a problem given that his illustrious namesake has already been around for over two decades. Would he consider changing his name or the spelling to avoid confusion? "Well, the name on my passport is Slaman Ghouse. I could always use that," he mutters.

Ask him which of the star's lovely ladies he'd like to serenade and the young man plays it safe: "Karisma Kapoor has been my all-time favourite. From the new lot, I don't know."

What women want
The enginner-turned-actor has been getting his share of female attention since the last weekend. "The phone has been ringing non-stop. And there have been so many marriage proposals," he admits shyly. "But I'd rather concentrate on my career. DID was just a glimpse of what I can do."

You update him about the buzz making the rounds that none of the dancers on the show actually came off the streets but were  students of one or the other of the three mentors, Remo, Terrance Lewis and Geeta Kapoor. "Not me, " he protests.

"I was in Bangalore studying for my engineering degree. The only dancing I did was at home while watching videos and at a few corporate shows. Of the masters, I met only  Terrance sir very briefly when I attended his workshop in my city. Geeta ma'am and Remo sir I had never heard of. But now, I'd want to work with Remo sir."

9 out of 10
A week before the DID finale, when we had met him and asked him to rate his chances of winning, Salman had given himself a nine on a scale of 10. Remind him of this and he says, "Yeah, nine for all the hard work I'd put in through 18 grueling weeks.. 1 I left to God and my kismet."

The win has earned him Rs 50 lakh. What does he plan to do with the money? He says, "Donate some and give the rest to my parents. For myself, may be I'll get a fancy mobile."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunandshine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: uknaik99

Salman takes on Salman

Last Saturday, he beat Alisha Singh, Siddhesh Pai and Jai Kumar Nair to the golden hat at the grand finale of the reality show, Dance India Dance.  Then, after  four hours of media interaction, while the rest of the team went off to party, Salman Khan had to rush home because he had an early morning shoot with his namesake.

As part of his winnings, Salman Khan junior got to feature with Salman Khan senior in a promotional video for the superstar's next film, Wanted'Dead or Alive, being directed by Prabhudeva who was a guest on the show.

"The feeling of victory has still to sink in because I've been busy shooting for the last three days," says an excited Salman when you finally get him on the phone.

The biggest thrill for the new dancing star was that the actor who is a favourite after films like Andaaz Apna Apna, Tere Naam and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, remembered him from the show.

"In the video, I'm the one who gets to dance. Salmanbhai only has a brief interaction with me during which we talk about life and where I'm headed. Even off camera, he sat me down and gave me pointers on what to do and what not," says the DID winner.

Main bhi Salman
Although a qualified mechanical engineer, the 23-year-old admits that he's now looking at making a career for himself as an actor.

Ah, so we'll have another Salman Khan in the movies soon? "Not another Salman Khan but one more Salman Khan," he's quick to correct you. "I want to be known for who I am."

That could be a problem given that his illustrious namesake has already been around for over two decades. Would he consider changing his name or the spelling to avoid confusion? "Well, the name on my passport is Slaman Ghouse. I could always use that," he mutters.

Ask him which of the star's lovely ladies he'd like to serenade and the young man plays it safe: "Karisma Kapoor has been my all-time favourite. From the new lot, I don't know."

What women want
The enginner-turned-actor has been getting his share of female attention since the last weekend. "The phone has been ringing non-stop. And there have been so many marriage proposals," he admits shyly. "But I'd rather concentrate on my career. DID was just a glimpse of what I can do."

You update him about the buzz making the rounds that none of the dancers on the show actually came off the streets but were  students of one or the other of the three mentors, Remo, Terrance Lewis and Geeta Kapoor. "Not me, " he protests.

"I was in Bangalore studying for my engineering degree. The only dancing I did was at home while watching videos and at a few corporate shows. Of the masters, I met only  Terrance sir very briefly when I attended his workshop in my city. Geeta ma'am and Remo sir I had never heard of. But now, I'd want to work with Remo sir."

9 out of 10
A week before the DID finale, when we had met him and asked him to rate his chances of winning, Salman had given himself a nine on a scale of 10. Remind him of this and he says, "Yeah, nine for all the hard work I'd put in through 18 grueling weeks.. 1 I left to God and my kismet."

The win has earned him Rs 50 lakh. What does he plan to do with the money? He says, "Donate some and give the rest to my parents. For myself, may be I'll get a fancy mobile."

I dint know the media even changed his Last name from Ghouse to KhanπŸ˜†

Also, I read in one of Md. Ghouse's interview that he wanted to become a dancer solely and not an actor. Perhaps, he changed his minds on the setπŸ˜ƒ

I dont think Vrushali/Mangesh/Jai were students of any of the mentors. Dont know about the rest. And now he confesses that he only danced at home in front of the TV (does he imply that he is not a professional dancer). So what is this info on the DID homepage
http://danceindiadance.sify.com/contestants/ghouse/
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Ghouse? πŸ˜† Wat kind of a surname is that? lol! Again, I see loadsssss of attitude in this interview which is so irritating. Sucks to the core πŸ€’ One more Salman Khan? πŸ˜† Ya, we ll see! Actions shud speak more than words! Here, words are so loud that I got deaf for a min! πŸ˜”

@sunandshine:-- Thanks for the info. And ppl say Alisha lied about her age πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I dont remember though seeing wen did she say she was 17! Everyone used to say Prince is the youngest and he is just 17! haha! Prince, you got age competiton πŸ˜†
anku- thumbnail
Now u know wats gonna happen sunandshine. Ppl will comment "haters" and there will be ppl who will come and quote us and talk nonsense like "Why dont you all just accept he won?" etc etc. I wonder, WHY dont THEY just understand that these are our POVs. But o no, they want only US to understand πŸ˜†
Seniorita01 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~angelz16~

Ghouse? πŸ˜† Wat kind of a surname is that? lol! Again, I see loadsssss of attitude in this interview which is so irritating. Sucks to the core πŸ€’ One more Salman Khan? πŸ˜† Ya, we ll see! Actions shud speak more than words! Here, words are so loud that I got deaf for a min! πŸ˜”

@sunandshine:-- Thanks for the info. And ppl say Alisha lied about her age πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I dont remember though seeing wen did she say she was 17! Everyone used to say Prince is the youngest and he is just 17! haha! Prince, you got age competiton πŸ˜†

Um excuse me? What do you mean by what kind of a surname is Ghouse? You need to take some diversity classes PRONTO because the fact of the matter is that all humans are different from eachother, learn to accept that. His surname is Ghouse, so what? It's different and unique. Get it? Got it. Good!

Oh yes and Prince is not 17 yet. He's turning 17 on Wednesday.
Edited by Seniorita01 - 14 years ago
anku- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Seniorita01

Um excuse me? What do you mean by what kind of a surname is Ghouse? You need to take some diversity classes PRONTO because the fact of the matter is that all humans are different from eachother, learn to accept that. His surname is Ghouse, so what? It's different and unique. Get it? Got it? Good!

Oh yes and Prince is not 17 yet. He's turning 17 on Wednesday.

Oh man! Chillaxxx!! Learn to take a joke once in awhile! Or u guys hve no sense of humor? πŸ˜• On every lil thing u guys hve to pin-point 🀒 U need to take humor class even faster! U guys cant accept lil bit of fun and u tell us to learn to accept 🀒 Now did u get that? Good!

And congrats to Prince for turning 17. Anything more? U want to close down? Or fight for apparently no reason? Its soo irritating the way you guys take things! And u tell others to accept stuff whereas u urself cant take a lil joke!
anku- thumbnail
And dude, if I wudnt be knowing diversity then I did be replying back to the PMs I get which are so diverse in abusive lang. rather than just reporting to Ramas! Got that? Like I said, someone has to quote for no reason at all.
addicted2dramas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
If only i had his phone number
hehe he gets proposals ;)
Seniorita01 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~angelz16~

Oh man! Chillaxxx!! Learn to take a joke once in awhile! Or u guys hve no sense of humor? πŸ˜• On every lil thing u guys hve to pin-point 🀒 U need to take humor class even faster! U guys cant accept lil bit of fun and u tell us to learn to accept 🀒 Now did u get that? Good!

And congrats to Prince for turning 17. Anything more? U want to close down? Or fight for apparently no reason? Its soo irritating the way you guys take things! And u tell others to accept stuff whereas u urself cant take a lil joke!

Sorry but I missed the invisible joke. I didn't find anything humourous in questioning someone's choice of name. One more thing, why am I being referred to as "u guys?" lol I'm struggling to understand because I'm only one single person:) 

I wasn't trying to start a fight by any means. I apologize if you felt that way, I was just trying to point out that not just Salman but anyone has the freedom to pick the name they want for themselves. Anyhoo, end of discussion. God bless you. Sorry if I hurt you.
Edited by Seniorita01 - 14 years ago
anku- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Seniorita01

Sorry but I missed the invisible joke. I didn't find anything humourous in questioning someone's choice of name. One more thing, why am I being referred to as "u guys?" lol I'm struggling to understand because I'm only one single person:) 

I wasn't trying to start a fight by any means. I apologize if you felt that way, I was just trying to point out that not just Salman but anyone has the freedom to pick the name they want for themselves. Anyhoo, end of discussion. God bless you. Sorry if I hurt you.

U missed the joke doesnt mean I was serious! Questioning? Huh? I was just joking and if u assumed that I am questioning someones watever then its really not my problem. Its  just general "you guys"...Pls dont take everything so seriously? There are more ppl who may just comment again for no reason at all, so it was a general u guys!

Thank you loads for understanding and ending it here only. Otherwise such small things turn into 10 pagers uselessly! I appreciate it loads that you are understanding enough. Thanks again! 😊