|| Second Chances || A Surprise One Shot!

Posted: 14 years ago
Hey everyone! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Yes this is a special one shot, but it's not really a surprise! ๐Ÿ˜› It's for my special friend Kimmu whose birthday is on the 9th of June which is technically tomorrow but today already in India and so here it is! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

๐ŸฅณHAPPY BIRTHDAY Kimz!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿฅณ

"How long does it take to make one Mocha Blend?" She mutters as she walks out of the Daily Grind cafe. Adjusting her shoulder bag she starts walking quickly towards her car when suddenly she spies a small terrier rushing towards her without a leash around its neck. She could feel her heart beat accelerate as she walked faster while the dog trailed after her. Why did I park the damn car so far? Her walking turned into jogging as she rushed towards her car when the dog started nipping at her shoes. "Crap!"

She keeps turning back as she tries to avoid the dog when her coffee goes flying as she collides with someone.

"I'm so sorry," She mutters quickly as she jumps around trying to get the dog to stop nipping at her legs, when the guy she bumped into shakes his head and whisks her into his arms making her eyes go wide. "Akil?"

"Yes Kiranโ€”it's definitely me." He smiles as he swings her around avoiding the dog.

"Howโ€”you?" She asks completely baffled.

He avoids her questions when the owner of the dog finally comes and takes him away. "Yes it's me. And is your next question how I'm here?"

Kiran manages to nod.

"I came to see you," He smiles tightening his hold on her.

Kiran realizes that he was still holding onto her and so she looks away. "You canโ€”uh let go now,"

"Right," Akil smiles and lets her down lightly. "It's so good to see you after six years,"

"I know," Kiran smiles in response. She honestly couldn't believe that he was standing here in front of her after six long years. They were neighbours when they had first met and she had unknowingly given away her heart to him and never had a chance to tell him before he had left with his family. "How'd you know I was here?" she gestures to the Daily Grind cafe.

"I went to your house first," Akil tells her as they start walking side by side. "Aunty told me that you were here; getting your daily coffee mix." He leans down and smiles at her.

Kiran smiles. "You remember?"

"How couldn't I? One day without your coffee and we'd have to face a cranky Kimz!" He winks at her leaving her cheeks a little rosy.

"Shush!" she slaps his shoulder slightly as they continue walking along the boardwalk.

"So how've you been?" he asks in a softer voice.

"I've been okay. You?" she asks back without looking up.

Akil shrugs. "I never wanted to move."

"Why not?" Kiran asks.

"There were certain things here that made me want to stay," He says as he tugs her hand along to a bench on the side.

"Things like what Akki?" Kiran asks.

"You have no idea how much I've longed to hear that," He smiles at her.

Kiran smiles back knowing that she had waited the same amount of time just to let that word roll off her tongue.

Having him back in her lifeโ€”even for a day meant more than anything to her. He was the one person who she realized taught her to love unconditionally.

"I'm going to ask againโ€”what things?"

Akil took her hand in his and smiles up at her. Looking into his eyes Kimz could feel all her feelings for him come floating back. The way his eyes had that smouldering look in themโ€”she would describe them better as 'dreamy.' She couldn't help but notice that his eyes had even more of the hazel tint that they did back when they had met before, the same color of melting chocolate. She tries to brush away the feeling when she feels him squeeze her hand.

"I don't know how to say this," he starts.

"Akki it's me." Kiran smiled at him. "We used to tell each other everything remember?"

"This was one of the things I never told you,"

"What?" Her concern for him was growing specially judging the tensed expression on his face.

"Kimmu, I know it'll be hard to believe meโ€”but you were one of the main reasons that I didn't wanna leave,"

She felt her heart slam in her chest. Were the words he was saying what she had longed to hear? There were so many days that she wished she could just pick up the phone and call him but was hurt when she remembered she didn't even have his number. These were the exact reasons she wanted to tell him so he wouldn't leave; she decided against saying anything and just nodded, hoping he'd continue.

"I don't know exactly how or whenโ€”but love came into our friendship." Akil smiles. "At least from my side,"

Kiran interrupts him. "Not only from your side,"

"Wha?" He asks.

Kiran nods slowly. "I didn't know how to tell you before; and then now suddenly today you're in front of me with no contact but still the feelings came rushing back."

"The feelings? Kimmu are youโ€”"

She nods and then looks into his eyes. "I've liked you since the first time we met Akkiโ€”you made me realize what true love really is,"

"Wowโ€”we both? But neither of us ever said anything," He slowly raises her hand that he was holding to his lips and kisses her knuckles lightly making her shiver in the process. "Shall we go get you some more coffee?"

Kiran smiles up at him. He knew her better than anyone. Who better to fall in love with than her best friend? The one person who she told all her little secrets and desires tooโ€”he was her soul mate; she just took a little long in telling him but God did give her a second chance for love.

So I hope Kimmu liked it and I wanna wish her a very very happy birthday, and I hope everyone else likes it as well! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Love you loads,

Meera๐Ÿ˜ณ

What's with you and Coffee!?!?! *rolles eyes*
Mine! =D

Happy birthday to Kimz! I hope it went well, she has my best wishes!!

That was a cute gift for her Meeru!!!! I really liked it!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I love your coffee collisions!!! They are so awesome!!!! ๐Ÿ˜† Awww, friends for really long and finally meeting after a long time!! Isn't that sweet!!!

I really liked their confession and in the end the whole let's go get more coffee!!! ๐Ÿ˜† It's really adorable how they remembered small things about each other!!!

Really cute one Meeru and i'm sure she loved it!! I did!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Love you! *hug*
Edited by blackdaughter - 14 years ago
She is going to crack. And go mental. Never mind the fact that she is already mental. :)

That was so sweet, and perfect and adorable and realistic and I don't know what else to write, just know that I love it 'kay? I know Kimz will love it, and if she doesn't just replace her name with mine and Akil's name with any guy on my "list" ๐Ÿ˜†

HAVE A SMEXY BIRTHDAY KIRAN! ๐Ÿค—

--shabz
@Maddy: I happen to like it! ๐Ÿ˜ณ And it provides for fun meetings! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Originally posted by shabo24

She is going to crack. And go mental. Never mind the fact that she is already mental. :)  You are such a nice friend!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

That was so sweet, and perfect and adorable and realistic and I don't know what else to write, just know that I love it 'kay? I know Kimz will love it, and if she doesn't just replace her name with mine and Akil's name with any guy on my "list" ๐Ÿ˜† Really? ๐Ÿ˜ณ Thanks....and got it! ๐Ÿ˜›

HAVE A SMEXY BIRTHDAY KIRAN! ๐Ÿค—

--shabz
reservedd!!

Happy Birthday Kimzz!!!!

Well written Meera. I really like the way Kimz comes out of the coffee shop and the dog starts following her. I tend to run all the time just like kimz. ๐Ÿ˜† Aww...I really like how they just tell each other how they feel about each other. It was really cute and I'm sure Kimz in going to love it. Can't wait to read your next one-shot. Also, when are you going to update your ff?? ๐Ÿ˜›

Love you
Anza
Edited by -Anza- - 14 years ago
Omygosh!!! u posted it!! YAYY!!!
i jst told kimz abt it, she's hyped up for it, she's gnna be reading it in abt 30 seconds! ๐Ÿ˜†
omygosh...AKKII!!! *hugs* ahaha, u got the coffee part prfct, she needs to have her mocha otherwise, she goes crazy like a baby without it ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† [ily kimz] hah
ayiiii-ya! u made akki sound all smexxy, how much ya wnna bet kimz was so drooling while reading this? ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰
and the dog chasing her is jst hilarious, cuz ya knw she wud so scream and run away frm screaming like a physco.. *rofl* i lvd this, omg, its like puuurrfect for kimz and akki..
aww they admit their feelings! *coos at the couple*
l-u-v i-t!
- Rinks
Thanks Rinkz! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Nearly all the credit goes to you! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'll comment back after though1 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Welcome luv, no it doesnt! Its all ya! now shushie! lmao
That reminds me of Sushant! ๐Ÿ˜† but thanks! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
hey nice one shot meera!!
i don't know wh kimmu is but still....HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! *starts singing haooy bithday song* lol
once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY !