Twilight
Twilight

India-Forums

Why Cant they go by the book?

eternal IF-Rockerz
eternal
eternal

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
thats pretty much it. if they keep this up, imma end up remaking the twilight movies but then again robert fits edwards role perfectly and so does jake, sometimes kirsten. but seriously just go by the book! for goodness sake, i wish harry potter directors were makin the movie :(

* ~ Roshni ~ * IF-Rockerz
* ~ Roshni ~ *
* ~ Roshni ~ *

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
Are u talking abt twilight or new moon?

If its regarding twilight then they have tried - i'll give them that but there were huge chunks they missed which i would have loved to see like the blood typing part but overall twilight the film wasnt how i imagined it would be. Obviously the books are better - usually are better than the films. I think taylor and rob are perfect as edward and jake according to description from the book but the image i had of bella - kristen doesnt match it (a little by description - the hair and figure yea but personality wise as bella not really) and thats prob why i was disappointed with the film because bella is the lead character and i dont think she suited it 100% but she wasnt that bad either. I know there must be many kristen fans who might not have liked what i said but to me bella is soft/warm/friendly who can put up a hard face and be strong but kristen to me has a bit more of hard face if u kno what i mean (not insulting her in anyway just the way i feel)

ok i think ive rambled on lol and prob not even 2 do with what u said sukhi lol but this was my first view post lol in this forum because ive only just finished all 4 books recently after exams and they are just brilliant - my fav books as im sure they are for many of u as well otherwise u wouldnt be here lol

i am looking forward 2 new moon - trailer looks good - i hope it doesnt let me down! altho out of the whole series new moon is my least fav - only because edward wasnt in the book as much lol
eternal IF-Rockerz
eternal
eternal

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
i agree with most of what you mean but im talking about the scripts, large chunks like you mentioned is missing in twilight and after watching the promos they completely changed the way bella found out how jake was a werewolf, how edward reacted to jasper trying to attack bella, including the entire family. it was awkward watching how everyone just stood there while edward pushed him away, in the book they did more than that, all of them were literally about to attack bella but somehow managed not too.

and when edward left bella he didnt as so much touch her, and they showed it so different. it just takes the meaning away from the actual book. i mean, i agree in hp they stayed by the book a lot more and it was better, for twilight they are just changing too much and its annoying the shit out of me lol. i wish i could burn those scripts that one lady found and make em go by the detailed descriptions and storyline in the book, but nope! arghh. frustrated? very.

apologize about the rudeness.
pomegranate IF-Dazzler
pomegranate
pomegranate

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..sukhi..

i agree with most of what you mean but im talking about the scripts, large chunks like you mentioned is missing in twilight and after watching the promos they completely changed the way bella found out how jake was a werewolf, how edward reacted to jasper trying to attack bella, including the entire family. it was awkward watching how everyone just stood there while edward pushed him away, in the book they did more than that, all of them were literally about to attack bella but somehow managed not too.

and when edward left bella he didnt as so much touch her, and they showed it so different. it just takes the meaning away from the actual book. i mean, i agree in hp they stayed by the book a lot more and it was better, for twilight they are just changing too much and its annoying the shit out of me lol. i wish i could burn those scripts that one lady found and make em go by the detailed descriptions and storyline in the book, but nope! arghh. frustrated? very.

yeah i was dissapointed. the reaction to paper cut was pretty dull, they were all just standing there looking awkward. but u have to remember that this is a trailer nothings in sequence, they put bunch of scenes togather and make a trailer,  when we see the full scene maybe judging would be easier. u can tell nothing from trailers, maybe when we watch the birthday scene they'll show the reactions better and everything in detail. and when i watched the seperation scene it was obvious they just showed some key moments from it. otherwise everything looks great. i cn tell that chris weitz is a better director then katherine hardwicke, and kristen's expressions were amazing during the scene with laurent. and nikki for the frist time looks like rosalie, in twilight i was dissapointed sense she didn't even look that pretty, from the type of clothes she wore she looked older then esme. new moon's gonna be great don't worry
edward_cullen Senior Member
edward_cullen
edward_cullen

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 10:41pm | IP Logged

Please take NO offence form my post, I am just trying to defend the directors and crew

OK

A> The way in which Bella comes to know about Jacob will be quite similar if not EXACT to that of the book.The scene which one sees in the TRAILER IS NOT THE ACTUAL SCENE.It is a COMPILATION of 2 SCENES....one scene is the Laurent scene which will NOT show Jacob phasing and the other scene is the one with another werewolf PAUL (After Bella comes 2 know abt Jake being a werewolf).There are 2 EVIDENCE for this - One - Notice the dress and the bag which Bella carries in the scenes ...the dress are wayyyyy different and Two - After the MTV Awards were over in an interview Taylor MENTIONED THAT THEY WERE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SCENES.....It was the brilliant editing which confused everyone

B> Yes, If I am not wrong Edward kisses Bella on the forehead b4 leaving...please chk the book once ...If I am wrong I AM SRY ...but verify it once ....

as for HP v/s twilight - I think both movie franchises have the same response ...any hardcore fan will never get satisfed with wat is shown and wat is left out.Say Prisoner of Azkaban for that matter the movie did not clear ANY IMPORTANT PLOT line from the book ...who were the marauders ? the plot lines of the marauders ...? the time-turner scene not explained as well in the books .... and for that matter every hp movie lacks in some way but that is something one shuld expect ....same here with the twilight movie  franchise ....I don't think that they could have put together the complex matter in twilight to a movie of an average runtime in a b8r way...of course I have some dissapoinment myself but one can't blame the makers.....

P.S. - @ the b'day scene - It is just a trailer with abt 15 secs of b'day footage ....it is again put together randomly so the reactions will be quite different in the movie ...so plese don't judge it right now.....I think we shld wait until the movie releases

Edited by lrl_rocks - 07 June 2009 at 10:43pm
pomegranate IF-Dazzler
pomegranate
pomegranate

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lrl_rocks

Please take NO offence form my post, I am just trying to defend the directors and crew

OK

A> The way in which Bella comes to know about Jacob will be quite similar if not EXACT to that of the book.The scene which one sees in the TRAILER IS NOT THE ACTUAL SCENE.It is a COMPILATION of 2 SCENES....one scene is the Laurent scene which will NOT show Jacob phasing and the other scene is the one with another werewolf PAUL (After Bella comes 2 know abt Jake being a werewolf).There are 2 EVIDENCE for this - One - Notice the dress and the bag which Bella carries in the scenes ...the dress are wayyyyy different and Two - After the MTV Awards were over in an interview Taylor MENTIONED THAT THEY WERE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SCENES.....It was the brilliant editing which confused everyone

B> Yes, If I am not wrong Edward kisses Bella on the forehead b4 leaving...please chk the book once ...If I am wrong I AM SRY ...but verify it once ....

as for HP v/s twilight - I think both movie franchises have the same response ...any hardcore fan will never get satisfed with wat is shown and wat is left out.Say Prisoner of Azkaban for that matter the movie did not clear ANY IMPORTANT PLOT line from the book ...who were the marauders ? the plot lines of the marauders ...? the time-turner scene not explained as well in the books .... and for that matter every hp movie lacks in some way but that is something one shuld expect ....same here with the twilight movie  franchise ....I don't think that they could have put together the complex matter in twilight to a movie of an average runtime in a b8r way...of course I have some dissapoinment myself but one can't blame the makers.....

P.S. - @ the b'day scene - It is just a trailer with abt 15 secs of b'day footage ....it is again put together randomly so the reactions will be quite different in the movie ...so plese don't judge it right now.....I think we shld wait until the movie releases

u clearly explained what i wanted to say, so the scene of jake transforming and bella running from away from laurent in the meadow are 2 differant scenes, so don't think that jake lives in the meadow(sum1 actually thought that) people needs to relax  we cnt have everything exactly like the book atleast their trying. some fans are assuming so many things from a 1:54 trailer
nimmy1010 Goldie
nimmy1010
nimmy1010

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 1:02am | IP Logged
oh my god...!!!

* ~ Roshni ~ * , lrl_rocks,100%-princess...thanks a lot guys....u saved me a lot of time by entering wat  was my point of view too....

n a special mention to roshni coz even i feel kristen is not as gud in da role of bella as rob n taylor are in deir roles of edward & jacob respectivly....

kristen, in realy life is not at all wat bella is....so i guess she cant play da part well enuf either coz she cant relate to it even a little bit.... (no offence to kristen fans..pls)

n der is no comparison between hp n twilight....coz large chunks frm hp buks hv gone missing too....by dat standard, twilight muvi had way better script wich was closer to da story....u can notice dat as size of da buk increases, da sript deviates frm da buk even more....as wat hapnd in hp5 n even hp6....

& as far as v all noe, new moon is pretty close to da buk...so dont b judgemetntal on da basis of a 1.50mins trailer....wait for da muvi....wich im sure all of us eagerly waiting n think dat november cant cum fast enuf....Tongue

anyways sukhi...nice topic..wich has made us respnd so well....Smile

Edited by nimy.10 - 08 June 2009 at 1:06am
Ambrosia IF-Veteran Member
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 7:06am | IP Logged

The birthday scene was exactly the way I imagined. I was surprised though, not to see a reaction from Emmett, Rosalie, or Alice. There's no emotion in Emmett or Rosalie's face.Confused If you look at the clip again, when Jasper's flying accross the room Esme and Carlisle seem to be the only ones to take a step back and they look like they're almost in a half crouch position. But all others were staring at Bella, it can be because she was bleeding and except for Carlisle, no one has that kind of control. Instincts would be to look where the fresh blood is. That would definitely catch the attention of the housefull of vampires!Tongue

I think they are saving some of the good bye scene for the official trailer.[ Checked the book just now, he  does kiss her forehead.YAY]
He leaned down, and pressed his lips very lightly to my forehead for the briefest instant. My eyes closed. "Take care of yourself," he breathed, cool against my skin.

And Bella was not supposed to react then because she was totally confused and only reacts after Edward leaves her. So that scene is perfect too. Kristen's expression was the best when with laurent.

When I first saw the trailer, I was like what the hell is Jacob doing in the meadow.Confused But well after rewatching it I realised both were different scenes. Nice editing! It really cracked me, EB's meadow in La Push?LMAO! LOLLOLI think this movie will be far better than Twilight, but the script writter I tell you is awful with the dialogues. Why cant she just include the ones from the book? I am waiting for the cliff diving scene impatiently. Embarrassed

Edited by Ambrosia - 08 June 2009 at 10:44am

Go to top