Search By Forums

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
First off, I would like to thank Vijay and his technical team for running IF so smoothly and giving us such wonderful features.

Actually since the past few days, I was looking for a couple of my posts in the Dulhan forum but they may have been posted like a few months ago and I couldn't find them.

So I was wondering if there was a feature that would let you do a search by forum, then it would be so much more helpful.

So if I want to look for my (or someone else's) posts in the Dulhan forum, I can just choose the forum and find his/her or my posts in that forum.  It will make searches so much easier since IF is a huge forum and most of us belong to so many different sections.

Thanks,

Mahi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Search By Forums" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tanya2009

tanya2009

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 6:09am | IP Logged

Yes there is on the forum itself... so for example you will go onto the Dulhan Forum and one the right side there is a "Forum Search" and if you look it has the option check "Search within this forum:" and you would be able to see all the posts related to the forum that comes in the search category. If you want to look for your own posts you can also click on posts on your dashboard. But the search on the forum is the eaisest way. Hope this helps!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
I agree with the forum search... but that only searches by the topic, and I don't remember the topic of couple of my posts.

Dashboard one yeah but I have like 500 pages of posts and it's tiresome to go through all these to find a few posts in Dulhan.  That's why I thought forum search would help.

-Mahi

tanya2009

tanya2009

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
You can try using your my posts and then using filter to filter the topics by forums and then look at then by date

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
Yeah, sure, I'll try that.

Thanks!

-Mahi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top