Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 2:23am | IP Logged
We often read about adopted children trying to trace their biological parents. Does it mean that foster parents can never replace biologicals even if they have brought up a child who was perhaps abandoned ?

Edited by angie.4u - 06 June 2009 at 11:36am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Foster vs Biological parents" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sujal_Fan_No1

Goldie

Sujal_Fan_No1

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
I think that some do accept there foster parents as there parents, but one does need to find out, who they are. and need answers as too y they wer given into care and y there birth parents abbandoned them in the first place

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
If foster parents brought up a child lovingly and without any discrimination, I do think the child will see only them as his/her parents, because it is the love and care parents give their child that is important, not whether they're blood related or not. However, it is natural to wonder how/why/when one's biological parents gave them up for adoption. Many people do not feel at peace until they know, but it is not to insult their foster parents, but only to quench their curiosity and to know the truth once and for all.

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
i think it depends on the child itself. most the reason why a child is trying to trace their biological parents is because they want to find out the reason why their biological parents gave them up in the first place. however, according to my personal point of view i believe that the one who raised us up and love us and provide us with everything are the true parents regardless of biological connection or not.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 10:26am | IP Logged
Thanx for sharing ur views. I can understand the curiosity angle but wouldnt finding ones biological parents give rise to complications?

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Thanx for sharing ur views. I can understand the curiosity angle but wouldnt finding ones biological parents give rise to complications?

well yeah i agree with you finding one's biological parents will lead to complications such as the child will be stuck in between the biological parents and the foster parents and everything else, but sometimes it just passes my comprehension why the child cannot just let go of it and still try to search for their biological parents in spite of being abandoned by their biological parents at the first place. i personally think they should give their foster parents who raise them more importance and higher regards than the biological parents in this case.

NaughtySon

NaughtySon

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Most children that set out to trace their biological parents do so out of curiosity and not because they hate their foster parents. The children do have the right to know who they were born to. So, I find that perfectly alright.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 12:06am | IP Logged
@ naughty son-
Agreed but what happens after they succeed in locating their biological parents. Wud he B able to just ignore them now ?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top