Bengali Authors....

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
A friend gave me a copy of some short stories by Rabindranath Tagor recently and I loved them!So I'm tyring to lay my hands on some more of his stuff... but I was wondering if anybody can recommend me some other works by Bengali authors that have english translations...would be much appreciated!😊
Edited by LabRat34 - 14 years ago
hello dear Fortunately, there seems to be lot of new translations (into English--I don't know about other langs.)  being done--of the old masters (e.g. Tarashankar, Bibhutibhushan, Saradindu, Ashapurna, some prose of Jibanananda, Bimal Mitra) and also of some contemporary authors (Bani Basu, Suchitra Bhattacharya etc)
...........Actually havent read any of those translated version ...read those in bengali only.......but got some absolutely gushing review from some of my friends

all the books of satyajit ray r translated in english....................go read dem.............de r wonderful................👍🏼

Thank you guys soooo much for the suggestions!! Thast my summer sorted!!...Now I hope I can find them or Waterstones can order them! lol.

Thank Again!

bengali novels are one of the most classic ones and they have adapted by most of the filmmakers today...
i too read them fondly...one being devdas of sharatchandra chattopadhyay/..he writes exceptionally wel!!! his writings are the most...cherishable ones in bengali..though i am a punjabi..i understand bengali to quite an extent..!! but his hindi translated works are well...comendable..!! and nt just devdas...many other too!!

love
ananya