Originally posted by rongna

isn't killing a man fully grown mature man even worse than abortion
Good question Rongna Big smile
nerdynerd Goldie
nerdynerd
nerdynerd

Posted: 05 June 2009 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

No matter what your beliefs are, its never okay to kill someone. I don't think anyone would disagree with that --- and if they do, then some sense needs to be knocked into their head.

But "a loss for women across America"? --- seriously?
It is a loss! In U.S.A. he was one of the only 3 doctors who performed late term abortions. It is a very complicated procedure. So, YES it is a Loss. Women have the right to their own uterus.
Pro-Lifer killed a doctor. LOGIC FAIL!
..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 05 June 2009 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *guesswho*

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

No matter what your beliefs are, its never okay to kill someone. I don't think anyone would disagree with that --- and if they do, then some sense needs to be knocked into their head.

But "a loss for women across America"? --- seriously?
It is a loss! In U.S.A. he was one of the only 3 doctors who performed late term abortions. It is a very complicated procedure. So, YES it is a Loss. Women have the right to their own uterus.
Pro-Lifer killed a doctor. LOGIC FAIL!

But late term abortions are very risky for the women too.Stern Smile How would it be a "loss" for women? I'm not saying that killing him was right - I'd never say that - but what he did as a profession was not right. If a woman wants an abortion, it is her responsibility to do it in the early stage, not wait until later on. Some women don't know that late term abortions are risky for them as well, so it's not right for doctors like these to agree to do the abortions.  
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 12:51am | IP Logged
How can we say that what he did as a profession was not right.? The fact that abortions were being carried out beyond 20 weeks by the doctors suggests that it was legally permitted in USA. The patient approaches a doctor . The doctor informs the patient about the risks involved. If the patient still wants to go ahead its her decision. why blame the doctor.
As for late decision to abort , I m sure it wont B a conscious decision to have it done so late. Some women may have missed getting any abnormality or risk connected with pregnancy detected late due to some reasons . So the onlu option left is either to continue knowing about the risk involved or get a late abortion again with risk involved unless a doctor is very skilled & has a high success record which this doctor must have had. One cud say that he ppaid with his life due to his higher skill in his profession !

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess.

nerdynerd Goldie
nerdynerd
nerdynerd

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

But late term abortions are very risky for the women too.Stern Smile How would it be a "loss" for women? I'm not saying that killing him was right - I'd never say that - but what he did as a profession was not right. If a woman wants an abortion, it is her responsibility to do it in the early stage, not wait until later on. Some women don't know that late term abortions are risky for them as well, so it's not right for doctors like these to agree to do the abortions.  
And you truly believe that women wait around their 3rd trimester to get an abortion because you know it's totally killing her mojo. If someone wants an abortion because they don't want the baby they will do it within the first few weeks or months. They are not going to wait around and muddle over it for 8 months.
Late term abortions are mostly medically necessary. They are usually meant as life savers for pregnant women. Majority of time it is discovered that the fetus is already dead or not viable, i.e. no brain, spinal cord problems. Most of these babies are not going to live anyways. And the woman's health and life is in danger too. If the baby does survive the pregnancy they live few painful years. So, why not just let them die in dignity and in as little pain as possible.It is a deeply personal moral decision which goes to the heart of what one values about life. The woman gets to make a CHOICE.
And how is his profession not right? It is legal.
His death is a LOSS! Like I said before there are not that many doctors that will perform such complicated procedure. Abortion clinics are constantly threatened, doctors lifes are made hell. Most doctors are scared for their lifes. Dr. Tiller had been attacked many times before, they have tried to bomb his clinic, he got shot in both his arms and yet he continued. Because he believed that what he was doing was helping women. It wasn't some frugal job that had perks.
Jess. IF-Veteran Member
Jess.
Jess.

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *guesswho*

Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

And you truly believe that women wait around their 3rd trimester to get an abortion because you know it's totally killing her mojo. If someone wants an abortion because they don't want the baby they will do it within the first few weeks or months. They are not going to wait around and muddle over it for 8 months.
Late term abortions are mostly medically necessary. They are usually meant as life savers for pregnant women. Majority of time it is discovered that the fetus is already dead or not viable, i.e. no brain, spinal cord problems. Most of these babies are not going to live anyways. And the woman's health and life is in danger too. If the baby does survive the pregnancy they live few painful years. So, why not just let them die in dignity and in as little pain as possible.It is a deeply personal moral decision which goes to the heart of what one values about life. The woman gets to make a CHOICE.
And how is his profession not right? It is legal.
His death is a LOSS! Like I said before there are not that many doctors that will perform such complicated procedure. Abortion clinics are constantly threatened, doctors lifes are made hell. Most doctors are scared for their lifes. Dr. Tiller had been attacked many times before, they have tried to bomb his clinic, he got shot in both his arms and yet he continued. Because he believed that what he was doing was helping women. It wasn't some frugal job that had perks.

I agree...his death is very much a huge loss!
his profession was legal, and there arent a lot of doctors in this profession...and it is up to the mothers choice when she wants to abort her child...what if something was wrong with the kid?
NaughtySon Senior Member
NaughtySon
NaughtySon

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Yes, I read that Dr.Tiller was murdered. He was aborting babies that had unusual and abnormal disgurements. He was killed at the church.

Go to top