Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

KaneBC

Goldie

KaneBC

Posted: 14 July 2009 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
The Calcutta Chromosome - Amitav Ghosh
The striking thing about this book, is that it's a thriller with a bit of a science-fiction edge. Thats not unusual but the fact that it's a science fiction thriller set in India is. Refreshing to see a book about India that touches on colonisation but it's not it's overriding theme.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indian author Recommendation (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-mango-

IF-Dazzler

-mango-

Posted: 16 July 2009 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
You should try "The Three Mistakes of My Life" and "One Night @ The Call Centre" by Chetan Bhagat.
Both of them are FAB. Smile

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 29 July 2009 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Hmm u should try out Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat

He has written two other books with Indian background but i would'nt recommend them as i havent read them.

vijaysub

vijaysub

Posted: 24 October 2009 at 10:38am | IP Logged
you should read Swami and Friends by R K Narayanan. You can call it a trip down the memory lane or a story of a little boy, this is one book to delight all and sundry.

Vijay
infibeam.com/Books

ammygurl

IF-Dazzler

ammygurl

Posted: 24 October 2009 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijaysub

you should read Swami and Friends by R K Narayanan. You can call it a trip down the memory lane or a story of a little boy, this is one book to delight all and sundry.<br><br>Vijay<br>infibeam.com/Books<br>

yes...that is a nice one..:)
And umm...i read it when i ws in 5th..:)
i loveddd it

chan.barbie

chan.barbie

Posted: 31 October 2009 at 8:45am | IP Logged
the zoya factor-by anuja chauhan.....and the five point someone series by cheta bhagat....MUST READ BOOKS

jyothi_cool

IF-Sizzlerz

jyothi_cool

Posted: 03 November 2009 at 10:31am | IP Logged
even truy 2 states by chetan baghat

poppy2009

IF-Rockerz

poppy2009

Posted: 05 November 2009 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth is probably one of the best books ever written! And not just in India! Its an epic must read! Warm, funny, thoughtful, extremely detailed and with a slice of India, as never seen before! The book is one of the longest ever written in English Literature with pages going upwards of 1500, but you hardly feel the length of the book, the story and characters are that engrossing! Plus, Vikram Seth has an awesome vocablury and a quriky sense of humor that is really endearing!

Chetan Bhagat is a good writer...all his books are very enjoyable and catch the pulse of young India very well! I personally loved 5 point something the best!

Anurag Mathur's The Inscrutable American's is a classic in modern Indian literature! One of the funniest books I have ever read!

Family Matters by Rohinton Mistry  is also very well written! And so is Difficult Daughters by Manju Kapoor!

Amrita Pritam's books are excellent...though on the darker and heavier side! Plus, most of her books are translated from Punjabi! Do read Pinjar (Translated by Kushwant Singh) a story based on the India-Pakistan partion!

All of RK Narayan's books are amazing...The Guide, Malgudi Days and his collection of short stories!

Edited by poppy2009 - 05 November 2009 at 8:20pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top