Bandini

!!Sanraj Appreciation Thread!! (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 25

Pari_Angle

Goldie

Pari_Angle

Posted: 03 May 2009 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
santu is WOMAN ......becoz she is married woman.......becoz vo sab ceeze kar rahi hein jo ek married woman ko karna chahiye .......koi bhi ceez me apne pati ore gharvaalo ke liye aacha soch na ore aacha karna .......

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "!!Sanraj Appreciation Thread!! (Page 5)" in Bandini forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mallika113

IF-Sizzlerz

Mallika113

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
Sweet Aasiya's fan club went to page 2!   She portrays Santu as she herself is living this miserable life. I have no idea how she can pull these emotions out at such a tender age. She is truly understanding the character of Santu and giving it her all. Aasiya, kudos for doing such a brilliant jobClapClapClapKeep it up, sweetie!SmileHopefully, you will get some happy times soon( crossing my fingers)LOLLOLLOL

ronitfan

IF-Stunnerz

ronitfan

Posted: 05 May 2009 at 3:47am | IP Logged
She most definitely will , Mallika ..

Good people always get good things .. even tho a little delayed ;D

tvrasika

IF-Rockerz

tvrasika

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 1:46am | IP Logged
Hi Aasiya,
It was so nice to see you back in form as the Santo we saw before marriage! You were very genuine in yesterday's episode, showing your excitement and happiness at being appreciated for the rangoli. You also show very well your fear of maalik when your whole body goes stiff. We are able to see your shoulders straighten! Good acting.... keep it up and also keep the nice saris you have now. They look lovely on youSmile

Mallika113

IF-Sizzlerz

Mallika113

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Here is a link to Aasiya's interview with telebuzz:

http://www.india-forums.com/news/article.asp?id=172856

New Delhi, May 7 (IANS) At 17, marriage is the last thing on her mind. But television actress Aasiya Kazi, who is married to a man almost thrice her age in the serial 'Bandini', says she would agree to marry an older man in real life but only if there is a good reason to do so.

'In real life, I will marry an older man and try and adjust only if there is a strong reason to do so. If my parents ask me to marry someone much older, I would first try and know why they are doing it and take a decision accordingly,' Aasiya told IANS over phone from Mumbai.

The Mumbai-based girl plays the role of Santu in NDTV Imagine's 'Bandini'. Set in a village in Gujarat, the story of the series revolves around Santu who is forced into a marriage of convenience with an elderly man, played by seasoned actor Ronit Roy.

Though Aasiya is young, she has a strong opinion on the issue being tackled through her debut show.

'As far as I have heard and I know, such marriages still take place in a lot of rural areas in our country and so it is a very real life-based story. But all I feel is that if parents do this for their vested interests, it's very wrong,' she asserted.

Unlike most girls her age, who would prefer doing stylish and bubbly roles on small screen, Aasiya says she feels lucky to be playing Santu despite the fact that she has to wear saris, gold ornaments, sindoor and a bindi all the time.

'I gave auditions for this role without knowing too much about what I would be doing and got selected. When I was told about the story, it was not that I was apprehensive. In fact, I was very happy that I would get to do something new - a role that many girls of my age would not get to do. So I feel I was one of the luckier girls,' she said.

'I really enjoy wearing saris for my on-screen character. It is something different from what I wear regularly. I wear a lot of jeans and dresses on day-to-day basis, but sari isn't something I wear all the time - that's what makes it fun,' she added.

'Bandini' is from the Balaji Telefilms stable and Aasiya, who is in Class 11 and studying Arts and Humanities, says it's 'more than a dream to be working with Balaji Telefilms'.

'Since childhood I have loved watching mostly cartoons like 'Tom and Jerry'. I used to watch serials with my mother. She liked to watch shows like 'Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' and other such shows by Balaji Telefilms. So after being a regular watcher of Balaji shows, it's more than a dream to be working with the company,' she said.

Asked how comfortable she is working with Ronit Roy, Aasiya said: 'Ronit Roy is really good as a person and really good as an actor. He is very helpful. He guides me all the time - if I get stuck with a scene, he helps me in doing it right and corrects me if I am wrong,' she said.

Aasiya stays in Mumbai with her family. Her father is a civil engineer and mother a homemaker.

Aasiya seems to be a very down to earth type of girl! She is so young as we all know, but she is very mature to accept this type of role. She is very lucky to be working with veteran actor like Ronit Roy! She is learning a lot from him and it's so sweet that he  helps her with her scenes! Keep up the good work Aasiya! We all adore you and wish you the best!Smile

Edited by Mallika113 - 06 May 2009 at 10:19pm

surfgal

surfgal

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
she is a good actress but it is gross and unthinkable to see a girl of her age trying to make it with a man as old as Dharmaraj ..disgusting and unwathable

Mallika113

IF-Sizzlerz

Mallika113

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by surfgal

she is a good actress but it is gross and unthinkable to see a girl of her age trying to make it with a man as old as Dharmaraj ..disgusting and unwathable

I understand your point of view, but Aasiya herself says in the interview, that this sort of marriage happens in rural villages even today!  So they are trying to show reality here! We can't imagine such a thing happening, but it's true.  The show itself is not gross at all, they are portraying it very nicely! Ronit Roy is an awesome actor and I am sure that all are sensitive to Aasiya's age! They are all doing a fantastic job.

ronitfan

IF-Stunnerz

ronitfan

Posted: 07 May 2009 at 12:18am | IP Logged
She isnt trying to MAKE IT .. she's just trying to make her marriage work.. as simple as that

Post Reply New Post

Go to top