Akshara’s 1st love is back in Ye Rishta - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Akshara's first love is back in Ye Rishta!

Ali Merchant, who previously portrayed the role of Rituraj in Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (Star Plus), is all set to reenter the show. His reemergence is going to bring about a major twist in the story as Akshara, his former love, is all set to marry someone else. And that's not all, the actor has been working out religiously, so get ready to see Rituraj fitter than ever. How will Akshara resist?

According to a source, "Akshara and Naitik are about to get married. In fact, preparations for the marriage are already on. But during the engagement arrangements, Ali will make his comeback as Rituraj. His reappearance will create much confusion. After all, he was Akshara's first love. And the fact that Naitik doesn't know anything about this will add to the confusion."

Ali Merchant entered as Rituraj three months ago and was seen in a cameo for five episodes. Soon after that, Rituraj called off his wedding to Akshara at the last minute and disappeared from the scene. His entry did wonders for the show and that is the reason he's been brought back. The source adds, "Ali was only there for five episodes but that seems to have worked really well for the viewers; it led to a high rise in the ratings."

Ali Merchant refused to comment on his entry. Instead, he told us his other plans: to get fit. The actor has lost 9 kilos in just two months and is also working out regularly. He tells us, "I want to look very fit now and it's been two months since I started working on it. I am doing every possible thing: I go to the gym regularly, I do yoga for an hour and most importantly, I am concentrating on my diet. I only eat boiled food, fruit juices and I've stopped eating junk completely."

The actor is also taking advice from fellow actor Gautam Rode. He says, "He and Karan Singh Grover have the best bodies in the television industry. I take am taking special tips from Gautam. I also take special algae products, which are the fastest and healthiest way to reduce weight."

Ali hasn't started shooting for Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai yet but his entry will take place soon. The serial airs every Monday to Friday at 9:30pm on Star Plus.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090601_3

• Vandana Shukla/ Hill Road Media
  • Monday, June 01, 2009

• Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanw thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
    thanks for the article

but was he akhara's love??????????

I doubt

I think it was just a proposal & some kind of infatuation rather than love
    mehraan thumbnail
    Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
    dont tell me he is the one .....bubloo bhaiya...OMG!!!
    it was just a proposal ..y callg it aksharas 1st luv????she was attrcated bt luv is  2 far... i dnt like tis!!
    hes renterg 2 create problems now!
    poooohjjjazzzzz thumbnail
    Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
    thanx.

but was he aksharas real love or she only felt something for him......
    Krinya thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

nonsense ! he was not Akshara's first love..these ppl. r talking as if Akshara and Rituraj had an affair together ! and as such Rituraj never had any feelings for Akshara bec. if he had then he would have said yes for the marriage proposal...Akshara realized her mistake  the moment she knew the truth about him..that he and his family are  narrow minded and selfish (Shankari told Vishambar that they are "dahej ke laalchi log") 

The person who'd written this article def. doesn't watch YRKKH..how can akshara resist him ? ha ha ha ha ! Akshara loves Naitik only and her husband is the best ..she will not even look at Rituraj !
    ginac thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
    Charu you are absolutely 100% correct. Akshara has only eyes for one person and one person only which is Naitik. I am really looking forward to see what happens in the sense that I think that Akshara and Naitik will become even more closer and  in doing so will  realise  that they both truly and deeply love each other.
    Rituraj doesn't even come into the equation. I don't think he is a very nice character to start with as he clearly has shown his feelings for Akshara were not geniune in any way at all.
    indian_chick thumbnail
    hmmmmmmmmm i wondaaa wahzz his entryy lykkk!!i still finkk hez gana be naitikz cuzin!!!nnn duddee no one can beat karan singh groverz body!!faaannnxxxx4 de articlee!
    roku_huseinfan thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
    OMGGGGGGG😲😲😲 he is coming backkk😭😭😭 noooooo i can't see anyone other  thn naitik with akshra 😡😡
    @_charu_-i second u di
    Krinya thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: ginac

Charu you are absolutely 100% correct. Akshara has only eyes for one person and one person only which is Naitik. I am really looking forward to see what happens in the sense that I think thatet Akshara and Naitik will become even more closer and  in doing so will  realise  that they both truly and deeply love each other.

Rituraj doesn't even come into the equation. I don't think he is a very nice character to start with as he clearly has shown his feelings for Akshara were not geniune in any way at all.

absolutely ! Therez a huge difference in his character and Naitik's character..Rituraj rejected Akshara because he had objection to her singing...but Naitik approved of Akshara without knowing anything about her, knowing that she didn't talk to him in the first meeting, knowing that she fought with him in the second meeting.......Naitik's love for Akshara is unconditional and true ! Akshara took a while to realize this because she was still under "Rituraj shock" but Naitik managed to take her out of her shell and make her fall in love with him.
    Varsha-01 thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
    Thanks for the article.....