Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Is Hypocrisy in our Blood?

rajivmalu Newbie
rajivmalu
rajivmalu

Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Hello and Warm Greetings in a very Warm Weather in our very Warm Country.

I have been wanting to write this post wanting to discuss the Hypocrisy that stands more in us South East Asians than anywhere else.

1) Reason 1:  Scene1 :  A Very well to do Family A. Kids and couple live near apartments with a large corridor. Next door neighbors Family B (Old Couple.) . Kids of Family A decide to play in the corridor (they are indian kids they will do whatever they want) they want to play cricket with some of their buddies.
Scene 2: All of them play cricket disturbing the peace of the apartments. Head of Family B comes out and starts arguing with the kids. Mother of the kids of Family A comes out and tells the Man that the whole Corridor is not his property and asks the Head to mind his own damn Business. (Hypocrisy or plain stupidity?)

2) Reason:Scene : A very well educated  looking man sits in a Government bus .
Scene 1: He sees a empty seat in front of him torn with cotton coming out of it. He quickly  takes the cotton out.
Scene 2: He starts rolling the cotton and puts it in his ear trying to clean it. He then throws it out of the window letting that "S***" fall on others..

3) Reson: Scene: Marriage

Scene 1: Bride and Grooms parents are apparently in a mood to party. they want to sing and dance.
They hire a band . they start celebrating in the neighbourhood.
Scene 2:  The whole sound wakes up a man who has worked his  A** of through out the day. he comes out and requests them to stop.. in return they slap him.. he calls police but they join in the celebration..

4) Reason :Cricket Match

Scene 1: India vs Bangladesh : Indians are 100 all out bangladesh win in 10 overs flat..  Two Pot Bellied men talking and giving reasons for indias shameless defeat..
Scene 2 :Discussion continues gets heated up and more people join in.. it leads to a fight... it starts involving Unions F******* Trade Unions Buses are burnt , Trains are looted, people are killed..

5)  Reason: Politics
Scene 1: F**** Mayawati wants to introduce quota for all SC and OBC in private Sector.. Kapil Sibbal joins in..
Scene 2: Rallies are taken out .. candles are burnt.. news journalist ask beautiful call centre girls who are dumb and foolish.. . about their views on Quota..
Scene 3: To Get votes the injustice is done and that is it..

These are the five major reasons which would allow any one to think how Hypocrites we Indians and south east asians are... It is because of this stupid mindset that we allowed invaders and the British to rule over us for 200 years.. Imagine how stupid we are..

Please i want your views and ideas on whether my thinking about our "Genes"  is bad or not..
and do you think with such a Dumb Mindset can WE Fit in the race for Survival of the Fittest..

I donot wish to have replies cursing me and telling me how unpatrotic i am!! 
I am not unpatrotic . i love my country and would even go to the extent of  giving my life up for my country..

please reply.. and yes sorry for the Long Post..

rogna IF-Rockerz
rogna
rogna

Posted: 01 June 2009 at 1:58am | IP Logged
are you referring to the south asian regions or the southeast asian region?
rogna IF-Rockerz
rogna
rogna

Posted: 01 June 2009 at 1:59am | IP Logged
hypocrisy is in the blood of every nation
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 01 June 2009 at 2:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rongna

hypocrisy is in the blood of every nation

^ and Every Mind!!!! Everybody is hypocrites!!!

bt am not hypocrites (while am in sleep)WinkTongue
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 01 June 2009 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rajivmalu

Hello and Warm Greetings in a very Warm Weather in our very Warm Country.

I have been wanting to write this post wanting to discuss the Hypocrisy that stands more in us South East Asians than anywhere else.

1) Reason 1:  Scene1 :  A Very well to do Family A. Kids and couple live near apartments with a large corridor. Next door neighbors Family B (Old Couple.) . Kids of Family A decide to play in the corridor (they are indian kids they will do whatever they want) they want to play cricket with some of their buddies.
Scene 2: All of them play cricket disturbing the peace of the apartments. Head of Family B comes out and starts arguing with the kids. Mother of the kids of Family A comes out and tells the Man that the whole Corridor is not his property and asks the Head to mind his own damn Business. (Hypocrisy or plain stupidity?)

Ppl migrating from rural areas to urban areas & not used to living in apartments R usually not very conversant with he social norms of urban life. This scene is therefore quite a common one in many cities of India.  I ve seen ppl throwing rubbish down from their balconies. These ppl fail to discipline their children & the stupidity continues. Unless we have strict laws against these offenders or unless each one takes the responsibility of voicing our concern against such blatant violation of civic sense I don't C much hope.

2) Reason:Scene : A very well educated  looking man sits in a Government bus .
Scene 1: He sees a empty seat in front of him torn with cotton coming out of it. He quickly  takes the cotton out.
Scene 2: He starts rolling the cotton and puts it in his ear trying to clean it. He then throws it out of the window letting that "S***" fall on others..
*Ahem * In this case I wudnt call him a well educated man at all. No one in his right sense wud insert a cotton from such an exposed area into his ear! That piece of cotton cud B harboring millions of bacteria & other pathogens !! This man wud B transferring "S***" into his own ears first B4 throwing it on others.

3) Reson: Scene: Marriage

Scene 1: Bride and Grooms parents are apparently in a mood to party. they want to sing and dance.
They hire a band . they start celebrating in the neighbourhood.
Scene 2:  The whole sound wakes up a man who has worked his  A** of through out the day. he comes out and requests them to stop.. in return they slap him.. he calls police but they join in the celebration..

As per law there R curbs against such noise pollution after a certain time limit , I think its 10 PM .The police do not enjoy a very good reputation as far as implementing laws R concerned.

4) Reason :Cricket Match

Scene 1: India vs Bangladesh : Indians are 100 all out bangladesh win in 10 overs flat..  Two Pot Bellied men talking and giving reasons for indias shameless defeat..
Scene 2 :Discussion continues gets heated up and more people join in.. it leads to a fight... it starts involving Unions F******* Trade Unions Buses are burnt , Trains are looted, people are killed..
PPl in India do seem to get away with such mindless violence at the slightest pretext ! Our law & order maintenance dept needs to B hauled up urgently. But R the politicians really willing to do that ? It might B against their personal interest !!!

5)  Reason: Politics
Scene 1: F**** Mayawati wants to introduce quota for all SC and OBC in private Sector.. Kapil Sibbal joins in..
Scene 2: Rallies are taken out .. candles are burnt.. news journalist ask beautiful call centre girls who are dumb and foolish.. . about their views on Quota..
Scene 3: To Get votes the injustice is done and that is it..

This what vote banks politics is all about! Power ke liye kuchh bhi karega!

These are the five major reasons which would allow any one to think how Hypocrites we Indians and south east asians are... It is because of this stupid mindset that we allowed invaders and the British to rule over us for 200 years.. Imagine how stupid we are..

Its not that we R stupid. We R complacent .We do not speak up when we should be. Where ppl r aware about their responsibility as a good citizen the rest usually do fall in line. Eg Mumbai. It's the only city in India where ppl line up in queues for buses , trains , tickets etc. Its citizens make sure that every one does so.

Strangely our moral brigade seems to B quiet about all this. They cud take up cudgels against violaters of civic peace & cleanliness instead of bothering about what one is eating, drinking or wearing ! Better still all of us who feel so strongly about this issue can start voicing our thoughts in a polite way. We can stop a kid from throwing rubbish in corridor or making too much noise. Their parents too can B forced to comply by applying social pressure. After all,  we don't hesitate to do that in some other controversial things like caste/religion/class etc so Y hesitate here !  We have to B the change we wish to see around us.

Please i want your views and ideas on whether my thinking about our "Genes"  is bad or not..
and do you think with such a Dumb Mindset can WE Fit in the race for Survival of the Fittest..

I donot wish to have replies cursing me and telling me how unpatrotic i am!! 
I am not unpatrotic . i love my country and would even go to the extent of  giving my life up for my country..

please reply.. and yes sorry for the Long Post..

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 01 June 2009 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
Hypocrisy is in my soul. But pray tell me, why such anger?
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 01 June 2009 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Hypocrisy runs in all of our bloods .... as humans. Why blame the poor kids trying to play cricket in the corridors of an apartment building?
rogna IF-Rockerz
rogna
rogna

Posted: 02 June 2009 at 12:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Hypocrisy runs in all of our bloods .... as humans. Why blame the poor kids trying to play cricket in the corridors of an apartment building?
i agree hypocrisy runs in all our blood. even the noblest of all persons will act hypocritically at some point in their lives. we are forbidding others to do things that sometimes we even do. we are also setting up standards and double standards. this topic reminds me of a quote. "Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err. It passes my comprehension how human beings, be they ever experience and able, can delight in depriving other human beings of that previous right." - Mahatma Gandhi.

Go to top