Balika Vadhu

BV - May 28th 2009 - Written Update

iloveidiotbox thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Highlights :   Badi maasi tries to change Maasa's decision
                       Maasa asks Badi maasi to leave

Suguna tells Badi maasi that she wants to keep Pratap's baby. She is even ready to leave the house if Maasa fears people's judgement. She begs Badi maasi to talk to Maasa. Badi maasi consoles Suguna.

Maasa sits in the living room telling Bhairav that she is doing the right thing. Bhairav says that they should not take any hasty decisions. Badi maasi comes there and tries to reason with her that abortion is a sin. Maasa says that what Suguna has done is a sin too. The only way to get out of all this was to abort the baby.

Badi maasi tries to change Maasa and tells her to think of some other solution. Maasa tells her that she is not ready to listen to anyone supporting stupid Suguna. If maasi had a better solution, she was ready to listen. Maasi then suggests that they should get Suguna married again. This will not only take care of the problem at hand, but also make way for a brighter future for her baby and her. Everyone is shocked at this suggestion.

Maasi continues that this was the only amicable solution. Maasa doesn't agree saying that the new in-laws would soon discover Suguna's pregnancy and shun her. Badi maasi then suggests that they should not hide anything from the boy and should mention beforehand that Suguna is pregnant. Maasa gets very pissed at this saying this would result in Maasa outing her own family's dishonor to everybody. Maasi tells her to decide whether her grand-daughter's life is more important than honor. She warns Maasa that Suguna has threatened to kill herself if forced into an abortion. Bhairav too supports Maasi saying he thought it is a good idea.

Suddenly Maasa takes Sumitra inside with her. Everyone else is left wondering what she is upto. Maasa comes out with two bags. She starts extracting new clothes out of the bag and shows them to Maasi one by one saying she had bought all the clothes for Maasi's family and had planned to give them when Maasi was ready to leave. Maasi begins to understand what Maasa is upto. Maasa tells her sister that it was a pleasure to have her as her guest and would really like it if she visits them again soon. Bhairav tries to protest Maasa's decision. Maasa takes Badi maasi's blessings and goes inside.

Badi maasi sadly looks on, wiping away tears. Bhairav, Sumitra and Gehna try to tell her to stay, but Badi Maasi tells them that it was time for her to leave. Bhairav looks on helpless.....

Message : Narrow minded people often reject newer, more scientific and logical thoughts. This is the reason for slow progress in Indian society..

Precap :  Sumitra and Gehna plead with badi maasi to not leave. Badi maasi does not agree. Suguna cries and apologises to Badi maasi for being the reason for her departure. Badi maasi asks her to be brave...

Edited by iloveidiotbox - 14 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gauri22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks so much for the update..

I absolutely agree with your message on the episode..So Maasa is ready to risk Sugna's life (Like she is doing anyways for Gehna) into abortion, for her family honour....
maasa only cares about honour, she has ruined her and her family's life because of it!
daddysgirl786 thumbnail
thanks!!!

i think an abortion would be the best way. even if sugana gets married to an open minded guy i don't think sugana would ever be a loving wife to him; she'd probably always be like pratap is the one i truly love or something
MonMad thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Is Badi maasi gone for good?  Thats the big question.  Thanks for the update.  Do not see the thank you button on my page.
sashb thumbnail
Thanks a lot..
But I think Maasa is right this time..Letting Sugna keep the child will not only be a dishonour for the family and the child but also we should think abt Sugna's age and how incorrect it is to have a child at that age..I guess that was the message that they wanted to show for Gehena...Also, society wil never accept the child and the child will end up having a bad future..so it would be better to abort the child at this stage.