Posted: 28 May 2009 at 7:55am | IP Logged

Raghu the Roadies creator will make his debut in Abbas Tyrewala flick

By: Amul Sharma Date:  2009-05-28
discuss news article
print news article
email news article
share news article

Mumbai: 

Raghu Ram, the meanest co-host on TV (we're not counting Simon Cowell) who gives nightmares to the contestants of TV popular reality show Roadies will soon be seen in a different role.

Raghu is set to make his silver screen debut with Abbas Tyrewala's second directorial project 1-800-Love, mainlining John Abraham and Abbas' wife Pakhi.

About his role

A source reveals, "Raghu is paired with starlet Manasi Scott in the film and essays the role of John's friend. The TV host had to audition for the role like everyone else and even after he was selected, had to do some test screen runs.

His character is that of a funny guy who gets very serious once he gets into a relationship. But on the whole, his role provides ample doses of laughter."

The source further adds, "Raghu's wife Sugandha Garg, who made her acting debut with Abbas's first film Jaane Tu Yaa Jaane Na, recommended her hubby's name to the director for his second film."

The shooting of the film is supposed to start in July this year in London, as the film is set there. 

Its true guys....Rajiv's confirmed the news!Silly

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-aditi-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Raghu in Abbas Tyrewala's next." in MTV Roadies 9 : Everything or Nothing forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ayeshadcoolest

ayeshadcoolest

Posted: 28 May 2009 at 11:20am | IP Logged
don't want 2 see him in d movie or in any other role it will destroy his whole mean image which hav been created in 6 years..
but still gud luck 2 him

Osprisshow

IF-Rockerz

Osprisshow

Posted: 28 May 2009 at 9:34pm | IP Logged

hmmm..i heard it b4..anywyz .....thnx for the article...

but wht abt his hair style.!!...Confused

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 29 May 2009 at 4:10am | IP Logged
HA!! Good question,osprisshowMOU!!! Have no idea! Maybe he'll appear bald there too!!

ayeshadcoolest, Maybe he's tryign to break the image himself.

-amruta-

IF-Dazzler

-amruta-

Posted: 30 May 2009 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Nice! cant wait

Mysterygirl_me

IF-Rockerz

Mysterygirl_me

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 01 June 2009 at 12:45am | IP Logged
wow gr8 news thanks dits and i agree with u ayesha i luv his whole mean image and it suits him the best hope he's able to surprise us like he does so brilliantly in roadies all the best to him

Post Reply New Post

Go to top