Members Lounge

Your first kiss with your best friend!

TiN24 thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey guys,

Oki...i jus want everyone input, idea, opinion, suggestion...anything abt this matter. The story is really long, but to make it as short as possible..here it goes.

So me and my best friend made it clear from day 1 that we wudnt fall in love wit eachoher ever cause we both value and respect our friendship more than anything. We care abt eachother, we love eachother as friends and both feel that our friendship wit one another is the most precious thing we both have.

So one day, as we are joking around...i told him that he will never have the guts to ever kiss me on the lips (we've only kissed on the cheek...never the lips). And he's the type of guy who will follow thru with any dare jus to prove me wrong. He likes to bite my cheeks and when i kiss him on the cheeks....i purposely load up on lipgloss to get it all over his face...hahaha..i know....we're weird.

So anyways as we are sitting in our office (alone)..we are playing around and somehow in the conversation he says "i can take ur lipgloss if i wanted to"...and i told him he cant and wudnt dare to....so...hmmmm....ya....he comes close to me...and kisses me...like really kisses me on the lips. After doing that...he feels guilty and says he cant look me in the eye anymore cause he had no right to do that...only my bf has the right to kiss me like that (even tho i dont have a bf).

I told him he wasnt wrong, im not mad and I dont hate him for it...i actually enjoyed it. But he couldnt get the guilt out of him...and felt bad...so i pinned him down..and told him wud he feel better if i kissed him like that then we both wud feel guilty and not jus him...and without thinkin...i kissed him.

So technically wht im tryin to say is....we made out. We both got over it..time has passed..but i cant seem to get it out of my head. I still see him as my best friend and my feelings for him havent changed...or atleast i dont think they have. But i feel more close to him now (cause before we wud stay 2 ft away from eachother).....but for me...it was my first kiss. My first kiss wit my best friend...so I cant forget abt it tht easily.

I jus wanna know..has anyone been thru this....having mixed feelings? I mean, he's scared to turn our friendship into a relationship....and so am I. Was it right for us to kiss like that....or did we somehow ruin or sabatoge our friendship in a way?

Everyone's opinon, or suggestion or comment will help and be appreciated.

Thanks!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

colling thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi there,

well i have nv come across ur situation but i understand it must be awkward. but if u both dont have any deeper feelings apart from friendship between each other then i doubt u shud think abt this and feel guilty. think of it as a playful kiss..but if u feel otherwise then i think u shud get to here ur best friend's side of the story n how he feels...

keep me updated! :)

Hena
aish_punk thumbnail
Hey..

Actually acc 2 me..i would neva kiss mah bst frnd..bcuz d only thng we do is fyt..! 😆

Jokes apart..i thnk it's completely fine if u feel he's more den a frnd 2 u..n if he feels d same..den take d relation fwd..!..den i'm sure u wont hv ne guilt..!
TiN24 thumbnail
thanks for replying guys...

see...the thing is....we both are scared and afraid. We are scared and afraid if we turn our friendship into a relationship...then God forbid something were to happen....its hard to go back to the way things were. I am a strong beliver in the fact that you can turn your friendship into love, but can turn love back into friendship....its hard and too heartaching. He's been thru it before...his made his best friend his gf before and they ended up breakin up..and she was his first love too...😒...so i dont know wht to do.

I mean...i liked the kiss..i enjoyed the kiss..and i can honestly say i wudnt mind if he kissed me like that again...and he's said the same thing to me....but i dont know..im soooo confused. I dont want him as my bf and dont wanna turn my frienship wit him into a relationship cause im scared of loosing his frienship...but at the same time....if he felt the same way and wanted me as his gf.....i wudnt mind getting into a relationship wit him either.

Another problem is...we both are soooo stubborn(hahaha). If we both felt something more for eachother or had feelings for one another...we both wudnt admit it to the other until the other person did first...hahaha...we're so messed up........

I;m confused.......😕...and i hate feeling like this....
punjabi_qt26 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aish_punk

Hey..

Actually acc 2 me..i would neva kiss mah bst frnd..bcuz d only thng we do is fyt..! 😆

Jokes apart..i thnk it's completely fine if u feel he's more den a frnd 2 u..n if he feels d same..den take d relation fwd..!..den i'm sure u wont hv ne guilt..!

Agreed .. Go for it
aish_punk thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TiN24

thanks for replying guys...

see...the thing is....we both are scared and afraid. We are scared and afraid if we turn our friendship into a relationship...then God forbid something were to happen....its hard to go back to the way things were. I am a strong beliver in the fact that you can turn your friendship into love, but can turn love back into friendship....its hard and too heartaching. He's been thru it before...his made his best friend his gf before and they ended up breakin up..and she was his first love too...😒...so i dont know wht to do.

I mean...i liked the kiss..i enjoyed the kiss..and i can honestly say i wudnt mind if he kissed me like that again...and he's said the same thing to me....but i dont know..im soooo confused. I dont want him as my bf and dont wanna turn my frienship wit him into a relationship cause im scared of loosing his frienship...but at the same time....if he felt the same way and wanted me as his gf.....i wudnt mind getting into a relationship wit him either.

Another problem is...we both are soooo stubborn(hahaha). If we both felt something more for eachother or had feelings for one another...we both wudnt admit it to the other until the other person did first...hahaha...we're so messed up........

I;m confused.......😕...and i hate feeling like this....

I think ure just scared..that if u turn ur relation into love..den u myt brk up n lose ur frndship..well i think..tat if he likes u bck..wich i think he duz..den ure relation can go a lot further..bcuz u guys noe each oda well since u are best frndz..!..n..u both enjoyed ur 1st kiss..so maybe u hv seem feelings 4 each oda..

n lol...d stubborn thing i think it;s fine..it hppns..😉..but one of u gotta stp being stubborn..n i thnk u can tkae d intiative..or if u cant..i'll tell u one simple way:-

Just ask one of ur frnd to show him this thread..!..trust me it works..😉..n yeah if u dont want to do it bcuz u'll feel embarassed..i don thnk it's anytyn 2 get embarassed abt..bcuz ure just gonna express ur feelings..!..n don worry if u both love each oda u can go a lng way..but if it dusnt work it..i noe it's hard..bt u can try 2 b frndz..!..bt think of the positive..

n yeah if any of ur frnd is gonna show dis pg 2 him..den i'll edit mah reply..! 😆
TiN24 thumbnail
hahaha...aish_punk...but I dont have the gut's to show him this thread....its just too embarassin....hahaha....

But you know what,....we recently got into a fight...like a pretty bad fight...to the point where he msg'd me to come meet him at a park to talk and discuss. So I went and we talked...and I noticed...everytime I ask him "what do you think of me"?...he replies back saying "what do you want to think of you as"?....which confuses me even more....if he doesnt see me as anything more than jus a friend....then why can he answer my question with that answer. But that fact that he doesnt give me a straight answer makes me wonder.....is he holding back from his feelings? I know he's been thru a bad breakup before and his ex was his best friend first....but i told him a hundred times...im not like other girls.

I think im just gonna leave it up to fate/destiny.....just my kismat!...whatever happens....happens. Either i'll have a best best friend for life....or find a bf in my best friend.

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
My piece of advice.
Btw can I just say I absolutely loveee topics like this! I get so hooked for updates! :P
My friend went out with a friend who she was reallyyy close with but we always knew he was a bit of a player, but didn't work out at all and they broke up within 2 weeks, and they've never been the same before. But that was due to other reasons too e.g. religion etc
In your situation though, you guys both seem totally hooked on each other! He really seems to like you and believe me a guy will always answer 'what do you want me to think of you as..?' when they like you. Otherwise they'd just say your such a great friendd, great personality blahh the usual. When a guy does that, there's a lot more on his mind you don't know about. ;) unless he's a player and is kinda flirty with all girls.
I completely understand your situation about not wanting to ruin youir friendship but do you wanna have that regret in your life that 'what if..' feeling? That would totally eat me up from the inside! True it could leave you worse than you originally started off with and maybe even to the extent of not being friends no more but if it's true friendship, just like love it'll come back after a while. ;) We all fight but when it's true friendship, we always get round the situation eventually.
So my advice to you is seriously just got for it, like don't throw yourself on him. But just drop hints that you're cool with all this and a lil flirting does no harm. ;) and it is bound to get the message across.
His previous experience shouldn't stop him because not everyone is the same and more than saying it again and again, you should prove it to him. :)

I agree about the stubborn bit though, if I was in your situation, i'd be exactly like that, very stubborn and refuse to make the first move! :P
But just saying the fact that he kissed you, you enjoyed it and made out with him in return too clearly shows you both have feelings for each other and let's face it, it's gonna be playing at the back of your minds for some time as to who likes who. So i'd just say go for it. I know..easier said than done but good luck and let us in on the updates!
Best of luck hun! :)
Sanjana92 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Heyy there :)

well, as per me, i guess right now i am in a same situation because i met this guy at my school like 3 months ago, he just moved from chicago and he ended up with me in a lot of classes so thats how we meet and got closer. i see him each and every day, and now that we both like eachother, i am scared to say yes to him because if we break up, our relationship won't be as good as it is right now (relationship as best friends). I just don't wanna stop talking to him after our break up or something, like mostly happens..i want us to still be friends because i value our friendship more than any other relations we might have in future..i am sooo struggling whether i should say yes or not..

sooo, i talked to my brothers about this and here is the advise they gave me, "If I like him, then I should go for it. He is the one that brings smile to my face, and if he is making me happy, then I deserve all the happiness. Don't worry about the future, because no one knows, and even after our break up, if he is meant to be mine, then he will come back to me. Nothing will stop him. If i leave him now, he might not come back." and i must say both of my olders brothers are experts at this because my oldest brother has been dating his girfriend ever since he was 17, and my other older brother knows a lot about this even though he has never dated anyone..just recently started dating one..  so i guess i would give you the same advise my brothers did to me. If you like him and he likes you, then go for it. You can always work out the problems between each other but once you let him go, he might not come back. if he is in your destiny, then nothing will stop him from coming back to you. you both have the perfect chance to date, do it gurl! don't wait for anything..tell him your feelings and tell him that you wanna date him..and also tell him not to worry about his ex. she is his past and you are his present and might be his future too :)
Yazzi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I have kissed one of My Guy Friends Before, but that was because of a dare and We just Got Over it, But to me it seems as This Guy I mean Your Best Friends is More than Just a Friend, You Probably have feelings for him ... Tell Me one thing, Before this Did You flirt Alot, if Yes then You definetly Have feelings for him, and Maybe he does as well, the best way to go is talk to him about it .. If he says he Probably does have Feelings for you, Give it a Try in a Relationship, but Beforehand lay a deal that if the relationship doesn't Work you'll both still be Best Of Friends, and If your Friendship is really that Strong this can't break it ....